Writing Goal for the Day?

I may try making PB cookies with the kids today, since PennBoy is off from school. We shall see. I figure I'll roll up the cookies and they can each have a supply to make the criss-cross marks.

Was rolling on a Christmas story last night and had another idea for it. Mr. Penn has gone for sandwiches, donuts and chai -- writing fuel.

Sounds like a yummy day at your house too.
 
Gleaned 2 horror story plots from the news today. One plot involves OWS, and the other involves BIG FOOT.
 
Sounds like a yummy day at your house too.

We'll see. Mr. Penn and I are still tired from the last few days of him traveling, then PennGirl and I being sick. However he's off today and Friday and if we stick to the plan to visit my parents (MamaPenn and PapaPenn), there will be extra help with the kiddies. :)
 
Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow US posters.

Wow, I got my first official rejection notice from a publisher! Somehow, this makes me feel like it's really going to happen... eventually. :)
 
Congrats? :) :confused: :( and good luck. :) :D

I hope I covered all those feelings correctly. :D


--- I put down 9100+ words today and have managed 2 of the 4 pies for today, as well as all the dough has been mixed up too. Yay!!
 
I'm roughly 7000 words into what I plan to be a 14000 word story. Maybe a little shorter. Also got some baking done. 1 pumpkin, 1 pecan, 1 chocolate, 1 apple, and a pan of lemon bars. DH will smoke the turkey tomorrow morning. Also made the cornbread for the stuffing. All the important stuff is covered. Oh, and the wine! ;)
 
Still quite tired but muddling along on the Christmas story. Looking forward to going to the parents' tomorrow as it means more people to watch the kids. ;) And the Caps won!
 
No writing today. Thanksgiving preparations and review of a mainstream mystery edit.
 
I got my pies cooked, two pie doughs fully baked for use tomorrow. I managed to take the kids to lunch as well as to a friend's house to work on a project, got my nephew to work, bought a few things from the grocery store, did some laundry and still managed over 12,000 words! I guess you can accomplish a lot when you wake up a lot earlier than you had planned or wanted!

I hope every one has a great day tomorrow!! Happy Thanksgiving. :kiss: :D
 
I wasn't planning on staying up this late, I was going to go to bed an hour ago, but when I got home from lunch at my parents, I went back into writing and I finished a new submission.

I am just so giddy that I'm able to write again. :)
 
My chapter is out for beta reading, so I've been working on revising a Valentine's story I started last year and never finished.

I'm happy to see that my writing has improved, but damn, there's going to be a lot of work. I'm not excited about it. At all. I've lost patience with fixing my own writing about a dozen times already, and I'm only on page 2 of 45. The plot needs a major overhaul, too, and there will have to be significant cuts . . . and I hate cutting stuff.

Hope everyone out there is fine and dandy.

And for tomorrow . . . go Maize and Blue. :)
 
For those of you who were biting your nails about my having lost all the purchased downloads to my iPhone, you can relax and get on with your normal lives again. My 15yo fixed the problem for me.

Thank God for teenagers.
 
Oh sweet release

I pushed near 2500 words out of my brain in like, an hour. At least I got that plot out of my head. My fourth submission in 10 days.

/PayDay pats self on back for not finding errors after he submitted.

Oh crap, here comes another one.
 
About 1K words on a new story!

Crap I've got three I'm writing already, but I looked at HP's submissions and he gave me an idea I couldn't pass up. I'm calling it the 'Cougar Hunter', though it's about a almost virgin?

Feeling good about writing again, now that the cold weather has me shut up in the house.
 
Editing once I get some feedback from TE999 on a story he's taking a peek at for me.

After that, who knows what will happen. I have 2 stories in the queue waiting to be approved.
 
Last night I listened to some piano preludes by Antonio Fragoso, a talented youth who died when he was 20. The form of the music sunk in and I realized my talent is for short forms of writing, not epics.

And that got me thinking about the nature of real horror. Real horror comes suddenly when its not expected. Terror is that stuff that anticipates and expects the worst. Real horror is when little Georgie meets Pennywise the clown.
 
Hoping I can get some writing done later, but who knows... but we made it back from the 'rents and all seems fine. Guess I'll need to deal with dinner, but I think I have the easy solution: spaghetti and meatballs.
 
What with leaf raking and the UVa-Va. Tech game, not much time for writing today. I'll continue reviewing a mainstream mystery later this evening.
 
Last night I listened to some piano preludes by Antonio Fragoso, a talented youth who died when he was 20. The form of the music sunk in and I realized my talent is for short forms of writing, not epics.

And that got me thinking about the nature of real horror. Real horror comes suddenly when its not expected. Terror is that stuff that anticipates and expects the worst. Real horror is when little Georgie meets Pennywise the clown.

Or when an under privileged kid makes the mistake of showering with a college coach.
 
Hoping to write a bit tonight. But feeling pretty burned out. Spent about 35 hours in the office between Thanksgiving and Friday into Saturday. The technical appendix alone ended up being 25 pages. :eek: If I end up writing 5 pages of fiction this weekend, I'll be happy. :(
 
Some beta reading to finish up, and some edits to work on for a chapter.

The technical appendix alone ended up being 25 pages.

Mmmm . . . academia porn.
Why else would latex be involved? ;)

(OK, OK, I know it's LaTeX, but that wouldn't have been as amazingly witty, would it?)
 
Mmmm . . . academia porn.
Why else would latex be involved? ;)

(OK, OK, I know it's LaTeX, but that wouldn't have been as amazingly witty, would it?)

:) Well played.

And, yes, of course, I was writing in TeX. Writing proofs in Word makes me want to scoop my eyeballs out with a spoon.
 
Back
Top