As The Hospital Pervs

Status
Not open for further replies.
The policy: when using neuromuscular blocking agents, sedation and analgesic must be administered at the same time.

I thought about you last night around 2130 and thought: it's almost over for LDS because 16hours is rough. I did it once, followed by 12 more hours the next day.

I feel your pain but at the same time, those are the days I'm glad to be single because I can't imagine anyone seeing me like 'this.'

The TBI is terrible. I can't imagine the children. That's awful.

I hope you had help with the body wash. I'm lucky we work like a team: "There is a party in room 6! Bring your gloves!"

Are you off tomorrow? I am!

Not off until Wednesday & Thursday :( (we do 2-on, 2-off weekends, so between the 2 worked we get 2 weekdays off in a row, which is kind of nice).

We're able to do most of our baths in a proper bath station rather than in bed, so they go pretty quickly. Bed baths we all help each other. The hard part is that a lot of our clients have body temperature regulation problems, so the bath stations are kept between 82 and 85 degrees. You get somebody in there who has a history of MRSA, and it's like going into a sauna wearing a snowsuit. We make lots of jokes about weighing ourselves before and after giving a bath in full PPE. :D

My new coworker transferred in today, so I'm not alone anymore. I've worked with her before in another unit, and we get along very well. (We're both complete bitches if we think somebody's trying to slack off or not give proper care. ;) )

It's going to be another rough week, this time emotionally. Three brand new cases, all young kids (6, 6, and 8). One was shaken, one is status post-drowning at age 2, and one was born with the cognitive disability but was then abused by her birth mom. They thought she had osteogenesis imperfecta at one point because she'd had so many fractures. Nope, just abused. :mad: Plus another shaken kid we've seen before. Cute as a bug but BAD self-injurious behaviors, apparently getting worse.

To counteract all this heavy stuff, I'm taking my 6 year old niece to a local water park on Wednesday. She's finally tall enough to go on all the "good" rides that she's wanted to try for a while, so we'll have a good time. :D

Have a GREAT day off!

Every time I read what you two go through and see and face each day, it makes me happy that there are human beings who care and have passion for what they do... and just keep on going no matter the adversity.

You are both awesome people

Not off until Wednesday & Thursday :( (we do 2-on, 2-off weekends, so between the 2 worked we get 2 weekdays off in a row, which is kind of nice).

We're able to do most of our baths in a proper bath station rather than in bed, so they go pretty quickly. Bed baths we all help each other. The hard part is that a lot of our clients have body temperature regulation problems, so the bath stations are kept between 82 and 85 degrees. You get somebody in there who has a history of MRSA, and it's like going into a sauna wearing a snowsuit. We make lots of jokes about weighing ourselves before and after giving a bath in full PPE. :D

My new coworker transferred in today, so I'm not alone anymore. I've worked with her before in another unit, and we get along very well. (We're both complete bitches if we think somebody's trying to slack off or not give proper care. ;) )

It's going to be another rough week, this time emotionally. Three brand new cases, all young kids (6, 6, and 8). One was shaken, one is status post-drowning at age 2, and one was born with the cognitive disability but was then abused by her birth mom. They thought she had osteogenesis imperfecta at one point because she'd had so many fractures. Nope, just abused. :mad: Plus another shaken kid we've seen before. Cute as a bug but BAD self-injurious behaviors, apparently getting worse.

To counteract all this heavy stuff, I'm taking my 6 year old niece to a local water park on Wednesday. She's finally tall enough to go on all the "good" rides that she's wanted to try for a while, so we'll have a good time. :D

Have a GREAT day off!

Dear God... (not for the faint of heart)

I knew this week was going to be a rough one emotionally, but I was not prepared for this. New admission today, 6 year old female who was a "shaken baby." We always do a thorough skin check whenever we admit anybody. I had the admission, so I did the body check.

She has genital warts.

I knew this week was going to be a rough one emotionally, but I was not prepared for this. New admission today, 6 year old female who was a "shaken baby." We always do a thorough skin check whenever we admit anybody. I had the admission, so I did the body check.

She has genital warts.

What the subhumans do to humans is tragic......

She has genital warts.

Heartbreaking.

The thing that finally burned me out on Law Enforcement was the injuries to kids. I just couldn't take it.

God's Little Gift arrived yesterday. He's really not a bad kid, it's his parents that drive me nuts. It took me 2 1/2 hours just to log in his property. (They're supposed to bring like 5 changes of clothes and any custom-made PT/OT equipment. He brings EVERYTHING, including his own lighting, because his parents think that fluorescent lights are too harsh.) Never mind that it's 2 1/2 hours I couldn't spend with my other patients. Their opinion is that every child may be special, but their son is more special and deserves our undivided attention. They have also requested that no "foreign people" take care of him. Well, guess what? This is HEALTH CARE. Around 20% of our CNAs are from Tibet alone.

One week until he goes back home again. :mad:

Why is 4-point such an unreasonable request? Handcuffs leave marks that have to be explained at work the next day. :devil:

Nurse A: What are those marks on your wrists?

Exactly. Even worse because "Nurse A" is usually my own mother. "Well gee Mom, the Doc wanted to tie me up back in the supply room, and all he had were handcuffs." That would go over well.

Not that we have any restraints at my facility anyway. Pillowcases could be used in a pinch, though. ;)

Exactly. Even worse because "Nurse A" is usually my own mother. "Well gee Mom, the Doc wanted to tie me up back in the supply room, and all he had were handcuffs." That would go over well.

Not that we have any restraints at my facility anyway. Pillowcases could be used in a pinch, though. ;)

I would be more then happy to use any restraint with you.

:p

To this day whenever I make a bed, I have my mom in my head saying "hospital corners!"
Ugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back