Body positive healthy living.

guess Fitness has died in the Lit world....lol

Hope folks are still doing something, even if they're not hitting the marks that they had originally sought at the start of year.

I've lost a total of 50 lbs, and have been maintaing it for months! I'm still exercising and eating healthy. I reached my goal, but I also understand it's a way of life now. I love the new me. :D

I've lost a total of 50 lbs, and have been maintaing it for months! I'm still exercising and eating healthy. I reached my goal, but I also understand it's a way of life now. I love the new me. :D

Awesome! Congrats! Def is a mentality change for sure...if you want to keep it up, sounds like you have the right mindset...exercise and diet....no real shortcuts beyond that, you are what you eat, and you are what you do...well metaphorically at least, lol

But totally glad you're down with the new you!

Never give up the fight.....living a healthy life style takes perseverance. I always have alternatives at work for all the cookies/cakes/brownies that people bring in.

Hi Marln! I'm so glad to see you back here. Congratulations on the continued success! :kiss::kiss:

I finally bought a bike! It's a cross town. Yay! It should be ready on Monday!

Thanks! Bikes are a good addiction. :) I've got two now - the other one is absurdly expensive and way more than what I need. ;)

But it is fun. Tried some running recently too - not good at that, but better than I thought. Didn't end up breathless like I might have done years ago.

But I don't think I'll ever get to like running much. I far more enjoy getting on the bike and going for a long ride. I've hit my limits though. Going quicker means a change of diet, really eating healthy - and training a lot more. Just don't have the time to make that happen though.

fsa52: keep at it - you'll get there! :)

Congrats! The biggest change you feel is more energy. And when other people notice too - that's the biggest buzz. :)

Last edited:
This is a great thread! Over the last 18 months I have been an exercise fanatic and have experienced major changes. For me, a couple of things are key. First, variety, it can't be boring......I need to mix it up. Second, NO excuses to NOT exercise. For example, if I am on business travel, I should be working out more b/c I have more free time.

Strength training is my base but I mix in trail running, swimming, bike rides, punching bag, treadmill, and indoor bike riding. It doesn't take long to get addicted and you find if you miss a workout, you get shitty about it.

Another key I have learned is you have to pay attention to your body to avoid injury. I usually take a week off if I have been working out hard for 6 weeks in a row.

I used to have back and shoulder problems....after all the exercise..."poof" they are gone.

Running is something I've been trying - but I'm just not that good at it. :(

I'm doing some lifting of weights and calf raises.

I didn't ride anywhere today - but I will do so tomorrow - probably about 75km or so. Looks like it'll be cold though. So the winter tights will be in use if it is like that. 60km/h speed makes cold temperatures seem even worse.

The TdF is coming up soon - that will probably be good motivation - but will make for sleepless nights. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks! Bikes are a good addiction. :) I've got two now - the other one is absurdly expensive and way more than what I need. ;)

But it is fun. Tried some running recently too - not good at that, but better than I thought. Didn't end up breathless like I might have done years ago.

But I don't think I'll ever get to like running much. I far more enjoy getting on the bike and going for a long ride. I've hit my limits though. Going quicker means a change of diet, really eating healthy - and training a lot more. Just don't have the time to make that happen though.

:D Hi Marln! If you are into the sport, then a little splurge isn't a bad idea. It's better than buying something sedentary. LOL. Do you pack carbs or protein for your longer trips?

I'm working to get my rear end used to the saddle for longer rides. I can get 4 miles easy. It might be time to invest in some bike shorts.

With the running, I have a mental block. For years I told myself "this body wasn't made for running" and I think I talked myself into that. Now I'm slowly breaking into it. :eek:

Wow! I wish I stumbled onto this a long time ago..

Working toward a new me.. it is hard work but glad I started on this journey. Down 80 pounds so far.. only 70 more to reach my major goal.. but taking it in babysteps. Not so overwhelming that way. :)

Working toward a new me.. it is hard work but glad I started on this journey. Down 80 pounds so far.. only 70 more to reach my major goal.. but taking it in babysteps. Not so overwhelming that way. :)

Baby steps is definitely the way to do it. It sounds like you are doing an awesome job. :rose:

The great news is that you are here now! The thread sort of died for a bit but we can keep it going. You are right, it's hard work but worth it. There are a lot of great Facebook groups with recipes and support too. Congrats on doing so well in reaching your goals!

Baby steps is definitely the way to do it. It sounds like you are doing an awesome job. :rose:

Hi Kara. So true.

After being on a plateau for so long I've been working hard at moving down again.. scale was nice to me this morning.. down 3.2 pounds this week.. woohoo!

Not sure if there is any interest in a thread like this, but I figured there's only one way to find out.

So, I'm trying to lose some weight and could use a place to talk about goals and progress and such in hopes for some motivation, encouragement and support. I was thinking we could support and encourage each other towards any type of healthy living goal. Eating better, exercising more, quitting smoking, whatever. We could even have challenges or light hearted competitions if there was interest.

I'd want this to be a positive safe place. No hate. So please keep your posts constructive and helpful.

Since this is Lit, I'd try my best to keep it sexy and fun in here by posting pics and things along the theme of healthy living.

Any interest?
This is fantastic. I'm working on the same goal, my first step is to cut out soft drinks and drink more water. I dropped 5 pounds that way to start with. Going to the gym, I got a personal training session to show me what I needed to do to target what kind of weight loss and such I was looking for. Now I need to get motivated to get up at 530 am during the week and go work out. It's so hard, and I'm a big sweets eater, I need to cut that stuff out as well! I love my body already but I know I can be sexier if I put my mind to it! Girl we can both do it!

This is fantastic. I'm working on the same goal, my first step is to cut out soft drinks and drink more water. I dropped 5 pounds that way to start with. Going to the gym, I got a personal training session to show me what I needed to do to target what kind of weight loss and such I was looking for. Now I need to get motivated to get up at 530 am during the week and go work out. It's so hard, and I'm a big sweets eater, I need to cut that stuff out as well! I love my body already but I know I can be sexier if I put my mind to it! Girl we can both do it!

Good job!
Getting the soda out of my life was hard but well worth it..
Since my promotion in feb I am finding getting up early to swim before work is well worth the lack of sleep.. there is extreme satisfaction in walking into work knowing you have already accomplished something positive!

Good job!
Since my promotion in feb I am finding getting up early to swim before work is well worth the lack of sleep.. there is extreme satisfaction in walking into work knowing you have already accomplished something positive!

I always like to start my day with yoga. I gives me a chance to stretch, and also to get Ina calm mood. It's a good way to begin the day.

Good job!
I've come to find if I get my lazy butt outta bed early I feel better for the rest of the day. I've started some weight stuff treadmill a row machine and abs stuff. Sighs I guess I will go today since I've woken myself up with a few hot stories lol!

I always like to start my day with yoga. I gives me a chance to stretch, and also to get Ina calm mood. It's a good way to begin the day.

I feel the same way about my swimming.. get into a zen kind of mood and just move through the water.

3mos since a lost post....wonder what those summer bodies wound up looking like....

Fall is finally coming into effect and that means time for some SKIING!!! Finally getting amped to show off what shiz I have been working on during the off season. Half pipe and GS are gonna be bitching this year.

Hope other folks are still keeping to the whole routine of it all.

Mine is much as it was - though the cycling tan is looking a bit better. ;)

I'm getting faster on the bike too, though I've been struggling with a couple of irritating injuries - they are slowing me down.

I'm having a lot of fun at the same time. :)

Mine is much as it was - though the cycling tan is looking a bit better. ;)

I'm getting faster on the bike too, though I've been struggling with a couple of irritating injuries - they are slowing me down.

I'm having a lot of fun at the same time. :)

Hello Marln

hugs

:)

Building booty!

Been working with a lovely personal trainer for 3 months. She put me on a heavy weights and glute building regime which is doing a great job so far. I didn't diet but I've lost about 7lbs this past while just from the change in body composition... or so it seems anyway!

The progress will be slow and steady provided I can stay on track now that my 3 month schedule is finished! It's up to me to keep the muscle gains and fat losses going now.

Motiviation, people! Motivation! :D

Back