The Mansion

*chuckles softly as she secretly watches her friend*

"Yeah. I'm around, Noon. Maybe a little inconsistently."

She shoved away from the door frame she was leaning on. Her eyes shot down the hallway the maid he had been watching had gone down.

"You always did have an eye for the ladies, my friend."

She gave another small laugh as she walked toward him, arms held out to give him a hug.

"How are you? I hope you're doing well."

He smiled and gave her a big hug, wrapping arms around her and squeezing her. Then he kissed her cheek softly with a smile.

Actually, I have two eyes for the ladies. I probably should keep one to watch where I'm going more often, though-gets me in less trouble.

He smiled more broadly at her. I am doing well. my life has gotten busy in the past year and a half, and there have been some rough patches. But I'm in a good place now and generally happy, and wanted to come see some familiar faces.

Yours is always a welcome one.
He winks at her teasingly.

How have things been with you? Hopefully well also? He resists the temptation, for now, to reach down and squeeze her bottom.

He smiled and gave her a big hug, wrapping arms around her and squeezing her. Then he kissed her cheek softly with a smile.

Actually, I have two eyes for the ladies. I probably should keep one to watch where I'm going more often, though-gets me in less trouble.

He smiled more broadly at her. I am doing well. my life has gotten busy in the past year and a half, and there have been some rough patches. But I'm in a good place now and generally happy, and wanted to come see some familiar faces.

Yours is always a welcome one.
He winks at her teasingly.

How have things been with you? Hopefully well also? He resists the temptation, for now, to reach down and squeeze her bottom.

She playfully swatted at him with a huge grin on her face, as if she could read his mind.

"I'm very happy, thank you. Made some major changes in my life and no regrets for any of them. It's good to see you again and I'm glad all is well with you. I'm sorry about the rough patches you've gone through though. Still. You've come through them and that's good."

She playfully swatted at him with a huge grin on her face, as if she could read his mind.

"I'm very happy, thank you. Made some major changes in my life and no regrets for any of them. It's good to see you again and I'm glad all is well with you. I'm sorry about the rough patches you've gone through though. Still. You've come through them and that's good."

Well, the worst is behind me. I had to deal with some loss, and it hurt. It hurts still. But I'm healthy and happy. I've made some major changes in my life as well-a new career and a new direction. I'm happy with it. And I am happy that you're happy.

Winks at her as she swats at him, apparently having read his thoughts.

I'm just peeking in on some familiar faces and reminiscing lately. The Lounge has been fairly quiet around the holidays. So it's nice to see such a beautiful friend is still around.

I actually still have your "Kingdom Besieged" thread with Dryfter bookmarked, by the way. Seems like the thread has stalled out a tad, but I still enjoy it when I see a new post there. How is your writing going?

Glances around and then finds a chair to plop down into.

Well, the worst is behind me. I had to deal with some loss, and it hurt. It hurts still. But I'm healthy and happy. I've made some major changes in my life as well-a new career and a new direction. I'm happy with it. And I am happy that you're happy.

Winks at her as she swats at him, apparently having read his thoughts.

I'm just peeking in on some familiar faces and reminiscing lately. The Lounge has been fairly quiet around the holidays. So it's nice to see such a beautiful friend is still around.

I actually still have your "Kingdom Besieged" thread with Dryfter bookmarked, by the way. Seems like the thread has stalled out a tad, but I still enjoy it when I see a new post there. How is your writing going?

Glances around and then finds a chair to plop down into.

Following his lead, she sat down in a nearby comfy chair, drawing one leg over the other and resting her hands in her lap.

"I knew about your loss, Noon and I worried about you at that time. I knew you were in a place that only time and you could work through. "

She grinned as she heard about his following of "Kingdom Besieged". Her head dipped in acknowledgement.

"Thank you, Noon. It's nice to know that someone is following it. It has stalled a bit and it's my fault actually. I moved in with Dryfter and we've been busy living lately instead of writing. Don't give up on it though. We do intend to continue it. Recently we both have been ill. Typical winter illness."

She shrugged.

"My other writing partner is taking a break from Lit. No telling when he'll be back and I've been more of a MMO geek lately. I've been feeling the itch to write somewhat so I'm working on my posts for Dryfter and working on a dark small private story for him as well.

As for the Lounge, it's just cycling again, I think. A lot of people we interacted with some time ago aren't around as much either. I blame Life and probably the lack of motivation. I do admit, there are some people I miss."

He chuckled, wondering if he could get a hot cup of tea as he sat comfortably and chatted.

Well, yes, clearly there's some cycles. People like me come and go. I've been largely idle and away over the past 18 months, which is a long time to be MIA. So there's plenty of that-people wandering away and not always getting fresh blood in to replace it.

Raises an eyebrow at her and nods as she talks about her writing. Well it's good news that you've moved in with him! I hope that's working very well for both of you. And it's not like you have obligation to your audience to write. But I did want you to know that it's appreciated. He scrunches his face up at her playfully. I'm not ready to get back into starting threads yet, since I'm worried I'll end up too busy all too soon, so my own writing is indefinitely stalled.

He studies her for a moment, feeling his old incorrigible tendencies rising bck up as he glances down at her lap, then her legs, before dragging them back up to her face. A small dark story? Well, that sounds fun. It's always nice to at least explore our darker sides-to push boundaries. I'd ask for details, but I'll respect your comment that it's private. Winks at her playfully.

What MMO have you gotten into?

He chuckled, wondering if he could get a hot cup of tea as he sat comfortably and chatted.

Well, yes, clearly there's some cycles. People like me come and go. I've been largely idle and away over the past 18 months, which is a long time to be MIA. So there's plenty of that-people wandering away and not always getting fresh blood in to replace it.

Raises an eyebrow at her and nods as she talks about her writing. Well it's good news that you've moved in with him! I hope that's working very well for both of you. And it's not like you have obligation to your audience to write. But I did want you to know that it's appreciated. He scrunches his face up at her playfully. I'm not ready to get back into starting threads yet, since I'm worried I'll end up too busy all too soon, so my own writing is indefinitely stalled.

He studies her for a moment, feeling his old incorrigible tendencies rising bck up as he glances down at her lap, then her legs, before dragging them back up to her face. A small dark story? Well, that sounds fun. It's always nice to at least explore our darker sides-to push boundaries. I'd ask for details, but I'll respect your comment that it's private. Winks at her playfully.

What MMO have you gotten into?

As is custom, a maid appears in her short skirt and deep vee blouse appears.

"Milady?"

"Tea please, Channel. For both of us...." the last was added with a slightly arched brow in Noon's direction before returning her attention to their conversation.

"I know I have no obligations to anyone other than Dryfter but actually, I don't see it that way. My writing is my passion and if anything or for anyone, my obligation is to me. However, I've cut myself some slack. I'm not use to the cold weather here in the upper mid-west. It's been a long time since I've been in weather that has negative numbers. First it was just getting here this past summer then settling in, now this. I just need to have some patience with myself. Something I am hardly good at. "

She noticed, of course, the way Noon studied her body. Silently she was highly amused. Some people never changed and that wasn't a bad thing.

"Your reasons for not starting up with threads are valid. It's the reason I'm not courting new ones either. I just do not have the time ...and besides... Dryfter keeps me pretty busy. Sir isn't demanding but at this point, I'm not sure how I feel about him starting new threads with new writers and if I were to start up again, he deserves the same. So, for now... "

She let that sentence drift off, especially since the maid reappeared with a tray holding hot tea. After accepting her cup and taking a sip, she glanced at him over the rim of her cup, her eyes sparkling with amusement.

"You can ask, Noon. By private I mean that the story is for him alone. It's a story about kidnapping and control. It's being woven for his personal kink and it's about the female's journey and all the emotions she spirals through during her time with him.

As for MMOs. Mostly World of Warcraft. Their new expansion is out and I'm amused with it. There's also Tera. Not sure how I feel about that one though.

But enough about me, what is keeping you busy these days?" she grins as she takes another sip of her tea, "aside from Brit, that is."

Yes, she has noticed his writing with Brit and has been reading them. She has always admired Noon's writing and had often regretted not having the opportunity to write with him.

For once, he avoided peering down the maid's top as she poured tea, and he smiled as he took a sip. He gave an appreciative sigh at the flavor of it as he relaxed into his comfortable chair. Listening to Cait, he winces slightly at her mention of the weather.

Yes, I am a total wimp when it comes to cold weather. I overdress even for the relatively reasonable winter weather in the teens, here. My sister, though, is living in Saskatchewan where it gets to minus 40 fairly regularly. It's harsh. I would not want to deal with weather anywhere that it's cold enough that the term "frostbite" is regularly mentioned.

He grins playfully at her. Well, it sounds like that story might be an interesting journey for you, then. You'll definitely be going into new places.

He nods at her commentary about MMOs. I used to play MMOs back when I was teenager. But I have mostly avoided them since, because I'm the kind of person who can get way too wrapped up in gaming. It becomes too big of a time sink for me. Grinning. But I'm glad you're enjoying it. Studies her playfully. I imagine you play a ranger in WOW? Winks.

As for me, I just wrapped up my second trip through undergraduate school and am earning my teaching certification. Waiting on word that my certification has come through before I start circulating resumes.

He smiles and chuckles. Well, Brit and I are enjoying each other's company, yes. I'm glad you're enjoying reading along with us.

For once, he avoided peering down the maid's top as she poured tea, and he smiled as he took a sip. He gave an appreciative sigh at the flavor of it as he relaxed into his comfortable chair. Listening to Cait, he winces slightly at her mention of the weather.

Yes, I am a total wimp when it comes to cold weather. I overdress even for the relatively reasonable winter weather in the teens, here. My sister, though, is living in Saskatchewan where it gets to minus 40 fairly regularly. It's harsh. I would not want to deal with weather anywhere that it's cold enough that the term "frostbite" is regularly mentioned.

It's not so bad, the weather. I just need to remind myself how dangerous it can be outside and having skin exposed. Frostbite is a scary thing. I usually am out in this stuff for only as long as it takes the dog to take care of business. Layers. Lots of clothing layers. *laughs softly*

We've had -37/-40 degree weather the last couple of days and I can't seem to get warm. I do not envy your sister, that's for sure.

He grins playfully at her. Well, it sounds like that story might be an interesting journey for you, then. You'll definitely be going into new places.

*nods* I know, right? I think I've backed up and started over at least three or four times. Writing her emotions as things unfold has been....difficult. I want to capture her confusion and terror to a tee. I want to portray his dark desires as if I had crawled inside his head. I've taken on a BIG challenge in this, I know. I love it though. I love having the opportunity.

He nods at her commentary about MMOs. I used to play MMOs back when I was teenager. But I have mostly avoided them since, because I'm the kind of person who can get way too wrapped up in gaming. It becomes too big of a time sink for me. Grinning. But I'm glad you're enjoying it. Studies her playfully. I imagine you play a ranger in WOW? Winks.

*laughs again and maintains a grin*

A hunter actually. A beast master hunter to be exact. I found it an easier way to level up by having a pet. I tried playing a warlock but *wrinkles nose* for whatever reason, I just couldn't get into it.

As for me, I just wrapped up my second trip through undergraduate school and am earning my teaching certification. Waiting on word that my certification has come through before I start circulating resumes.

*Her grin grew wider. Teasing.* It boggles my mind thinking of you as a teacher but that's just because all I've ever seen of you is your erotic side. I have no doubt however that you'll be a wonderful teacher. Hopefully your certification will come in very soon. I am so glad things are coming together for you, Noon. You've been in my mind now and again and I've been worried about you. Especially since the last time you logged, having lost your friend.

He smiles and chuckles. Well, Brit and I are enjoying each other's company, yes. I'm glad you're enjoying reading along with us.

*she winked over the rim of her tea cup.*

I always enjoy reading you/Brit. Both of you are fantastic writers.

He winces again at the mention of temperatures and shakes his head. Well, it may be for you, but it is absolutely not for me. It was in single digits here (but still positive) and I had such a time waking up this morning. I'll let you have that fun. You can enjoy all your layers. Plus all the extra fun of putting them and...taking them off. He can't help but wink, mischievously.

I do find an erotic thrill to be found in going to places forbidden, to exploring darkness. I mean, it's important to keep in mind it's pure fantasy. But that's the challenge, I imagine. Realism, but if you're too realistic with it, it can become a bit frightening and lose the fun. So there's still some need to lighten the tone somehow amid the darkness. At least, that's my experience of reading erotic fiction.

Okay, I can see the Beast master. Or Beast mistress, however the case may be.
Grins and then takes a deep sip of tea.

So it's hard to imagine me as a teacher? Probably because I'm so incorrigible here. I do function in normal society, though, difficult as that may be to imagine. He dips his finger in the hot tea and then flicks a drop of it at her teasingly. I like learning stuff. And I like sharing what I have learned. So teaching seemed fairly straightforward to me.

Gives her a genuine smile before he sets aside his team and slips over to give her a hug and kisses her cheek. You're sweet to have been concerned for me. I was in a rough place for a long time. I had trouble sleeping for months. I closed off quite a bit. But I'm doing better. So it's nice to make sure I'm keeping in contact with people.

Releases the hug and scoops up his tea, finishing the last of his cup. And thanks. I appreciate the compliment. It's nice to feel like my writing skills have not rusted away. Grins widely. It would be nice to flex them, but I still worry about having the time to dedicate.

Noon,

I'd love to continue our discussion but Life is throwing me some lemons at the moment. I'm having to deal with my ex. *sigh* It's good to see you again. I hope we see more of you now. Take Care of yourself my friend. *hugs*

Nods. It's okay, beautiful. He returns her hug quickly, kisses her cheek, and then makes for the door. We'll talk later. It was good seeing you. He slips out with some grace.

Another day has arrived and finally, she can breathe a little more. There was still a lot of work to be done, but, yeah, she could breathe. Sitting at her desk, with a cup of coffee handy, she stared blankly at the computer monitor and then giggled softly. Here it was, 27 degrees out and she was feeling overly warm and found herself worshiping the sun. At 27 degrees! People here were even driving by her home with their windows rolled down. That, she found amusing as hell.

Ah well. There were things to do. Sitting here and just wool gathering wasn't going to get anything done. Time to get off her behind and get busy. There was still a post to write for Sir for Kingdom Besieged as well.

tumblr_nl08smsqA91riqw74o1_400.jpg

It's funny how Life changes things for a person. When you travel down one road and find yourself with plenty of time on your hands and your home here is always active. Then your life takes an unexpected turn and it has your undivided attention to the point that in some far recess of your mind, you remember this place but you can't get here. You're not regretful. You're not apologetic. You live Life as it dictates and when it allows you some space, you find your way back, even if it is only for a moment or so. Because... well... this is where it all started, that unexpected turn in the road, that corner not yet turned. So when you do turn that corner, when you comprehend what Life is showing you, offering even, you make a choice, embrace it or turn around and continue down that straight road.

I made a choice. A complete, unexpected choice. It was a good decision. Excellent even. I feel like I'm living again not simply existing and with it, a man who makes me smile. Every day. That corner turned brought a man who makes me feel beautiful even when I don't feel like it. He's not perfect, but neither am I. He is perfect for me..yet... I can't help but giggle at the Big Man's sense of humor. Really? Who would have thought it but then, I always have known that He has a quirky sense of humor. Maybe "quirky" is too mild a word. Twisted. Yeah. That's better. In the end, it really doesn't matter, not for the here and now of things. That place where we should live. Should embrace. Who knows how it ends? Or when the end will come. For there IS an end. There always is. For without an "end", whatever that may entail, how do we ever continue forward?

My love to Rain, she of many nicks here. She was the instrument that helped draw us together, Sir and I.

My love to Luna, who I always think about and think of her strength, from which I draw upon when needed. Her maturity which reminds me how to find a way to say "I'm sorry" when I need to.

My love to Ice, wherever he is now. He has always been my pleasure. My manipulator (in such a good naughty way). My best friend here in Lit. He gave me strength and love when I most needed it.

There's a smile for Blade, because I think of him now and then and remember something he once told me. Why are you here so much? You need to get out there and live life. He was right and I hope he's smiling because that's just what I am doing now.

My love to Fr33k because he was the very first Lit crush I ever had. So when I finally had the courage to approach him, I found this wonderful, sexy man who clicked with me and we have written a wonderful tale. A tale I need to get back to. I'll find the time. I swear.

There are others I would name but I will simply say that they have taught me lessons. Lessons I will never forget. Everyone here has their own reasons for being here or for coming back. I have learned who not to be. I have learned what I don't want in my life.

Life here is virtual. What I take away from it is oh, so very real.

Cait,

I'm in a hotel in Germany presently, not far from Frankfurt, late in the evening. I peek on you. I watch. And at times, when it seems dusty, I drop my flowers and hope that one day I will read something that speaks powerfully to the happiness that I have always wanted for you.

You've made tonight a very good night.

One day, when I'm back stateside, I'll call you or write you and we will catch up on where I've been and the journey's I've made. I'll hear of your romance and your happiness and the journey that brought you there.

But those are details.

You are, and always will be, one of my most dear. I've learned in my age, in my time, and with all the bounces that it brings us through not to mince my words or fear the expressions to which I was so hesitant. You are deeply loved. A true friend. And I am so glad for you and yours and the life you've forged together.

They're scattered at the stair as ever. Wildflowers from the foot of Mädelegabel, colors that won't truly bloom for a few weeks yet, but conjured from the magic of imagination wait for you there.

-LI

Cait,

I'm in a hotel in Germany presently, not far from Frankfurt, late in the evening. I peek on you. I watch. And at times, when it seems dusty, I drop my flowers and hope that one day I will read something that speaks powerfully to the happiness that I have always wanted for you.

You've made tonight a very good night.

One day, when I'm back stateside, I'll call you or write you and we will catch up on where I've been and the journey's I've made. I'll hear of your romance and your happiness and the journey that brought you there.

But those are details.

You are, and always will be, one of my most dear. I've learned in my age, in my time, and with all the bounces that it brings us through not to mince my words or fear the expressions to which I was so hesitant. You are deeply loved. A true friend. And I am so glad for you and yours and the life you've forged together.

They're scattered at the stair as ever. Wildflowers from the foot of Mädelegabel, colors that won't truly bloom for a few weeks yet, but conjured from the magic of imagination wait for you there.

-LI

*grinning from ear to ear*

Germany again, eh? I distinctly remember the last time we talked while you were over there. My first skype conversation ever. It is good to know you're still around, Ice. You still owe me on stories! Although I'm not going to get after you about them. I haven't done so well myself in that area.

Yes, please. Send me a text first when you want to talk and catch up. I'm so busy these days and now that the weather is great, I try not to be in house much and I don't want to miss your call, if you decide to call.

And thank you. I'm glad I could make your night with the knowledge of my happiness. The only thing better for me is knowing you're happy too. I want that for you. More than you can know. I worry about you from time to time.

~The flowers are heavenly, as always. The man had good taste. He always has. There is a promise of a beautiful array of colors in the days ahead. A promise she was looking forward to seeing. A stray red curl fell across her cheek as her head lowered to inhale the fragrance of the flowers. She paused a moment to rub her cheek lightly against delicate, soft petals.

He was a man much sought after, she knew. He came. He went. From day one. It had always been that way since the first time she became aware of him.

She wouldn't have it any other way. If she had but one wish for her friend, it would be to have him happy and whole. From her age and perspective, life was far too short to be anything else. Time was gone in a blink of the eye.

She whistled a merry little tune as she headed for the kitchen and a vase to put her newest gifts in. ~

Instructions were given for the windows of the mansion to be thrown open and let the air flow. There were still remnant evidence of snow on the ground but the sun was shining and the air was cool. Dare she hope that Spring was finally on its way in?

Oh, please, please, please.

The flowers Ice left for her were still in full bloom, adding some much welcomed color to their living space. Today, the sun was shining, the sky was clear and as much as she wanted to get out in the sun, she had some chores to see to in the mansion. At least next week Dryfter was taking some vacation time. A week. That thought made her grin. Ohhh the mischief she could get up to having him to herself for a week. If anything, her grin grew wider.

One thing after another had happened since she last popped in and writing had taken a back seat. Unfortunately. When the opportunity presented itself, she sat down and jot down a few lines before Life reclaimed her. She hadn't forgotten her thread with Sir or Sir Fr33k. it was just slow going.

With a small whimper she got up from her chair, clutching her coffee cup and went in search of her chores.

The ordering of the windows and doors to be opened was done. The fresh, warm air circulated through the house and she sat back with her cup of coffee with a small satisfied sigh. The smile on her lips was because Dryfter just called to be naughty in her ear. Ohhh, he was so in for it. Soon. Both of them could hardly wait for his vacation time to kick in next week.

Silly Sir. When he asked what she was going to do with him for a whole week home, her reply had been swift and without thought.....

She was going to fuck his brains out.

His reply was laughter. Delighted, of course.

She simply grinned back.

She sat at her desk, scribbling furiously on paper, occasionally taking a random sip from the mug of hot coffee on her desk. Unfortunately, she wasn't scribbling out pieces for the stories she owed, much to her shame. No, it was a list. For a card party. Cards Against Humanity. Friday. ACK! Friday. Nibbles to buy from the store. Drinks as well. Dusting to be done. Where the bloody HELL were the maids? Were they back over at Ice's again? She took another quick sip of coffee with a slight shake of her head. THAT man was lethal. All he ever had to do was pop his head in, drop off some flowers for her and all her maids became twitterpaited.

(Yes, I know, Lit, that's not an actual word, ask me if I give a flying damn)

She was soaking in the bathtub when her phone rang. A quick glance at the cell number that appeared on the screen made her smile wryly and roll her eyes. Of course it would be him. She answered the phone. She wanted to chide him even though it wasn't his fault. After all, how in the world would he know she was in the bath.... unless she told him, right. She kept her mouth shut.

" Hey you. It's been too long..."

Dryfter glanced up from his own phone, one eyebrow half cocked as if silently asking who it was. She gave him a grin and would tell him later.

It was good to hear Ice's voice again. It had been far too long. Regretfully, the phone call couldn't last as long as she wanted to chat, she and Sir had things to do. With his promise to call again in her ear, she bid him farewell.

With a half smile she informed Dryfter who it had been. He hadn't been surprised. It was who he had guessed it to be. Ice's message for Sir had been passed along.

With a slight shake of her head, she got out of the tub and dried off. Ice was one crazy hombre and he was going to make her crazy with worry.

After dressing and before leaving the mansion with Sir, she gave instructions to one of the maids to take a birthday present over to Ice's place. A small cake and an electric shaver. Just in case. *grin*

"Careful with that stuff... yeah, move it over there... No, not there, THERE!"

*sigh*

While I am terribly excited about my new freezer moving in, I'm not excited by all the work it entails to getting it set up.

Yeah. I know. My life has become so damn exciting that I get excited about a .....freezer.... of all things.

Damn I love being domesticated.

And Fr33k I haven't forgotten about you. I swear!

"Careful with that stuff... yeah, move it over there... No, not there, THERE!"

*sigh*

While I am terribly excited about my new freezer moving in, I'm not excited by all the work it entails to getting it set up.

Yeah. I know. My life has become so damn exciting that I get excited about a .....freezer.... of all things.

Damn I love being domesticated.

And Fr33k I haven't forgotten about you. I swear!

Take your time Cait. You're worth the wait. :rose:

Lord knows I took forever myself...*chuckle*

Back