Dare To Love (Closed)

Lady_Jade666

Literotica Guru
Joined
May 9, 2017
Posts
3,270
Emily Wolff

Age: 19
Hair: Black
Eyes: Dark Brown

New York City, the city that never sleeps. It was known as one of the biggest cities. With millions of people, some good and some bad. It was a good place if you had a comfortable life. Person with money, didn't need to be filthy rich just comfortable. The city had a protector, he was a vigilantly that has been around for several years. There were interesting people living within the city, sadly the city was pretty much run by a greedy man known as Kingpin. He was the worst person that had even nasty men and some women working for the bastard. He had his finger in everyone's pie so to speak. This man is the reason someone has been trying to take him out for years. This man after him and everyone associated with. A man people have been trying to unmask him, for a few years now. He went by the name "Dare Devil"

Within the city had been two people, one was Emily Wolff she had seen the daredevil in the flesh a couple times. She was working for a very close friend for three years. But knew him much longer then she worked for him. Matt Murdock was and still is the best lawyer in the city. But what no one knew and what Emily did not know was her friend. Matt was the daredevil, but she was working for him part time since she was going to night classes to become a registered nurse. She had no plans to leave him. She was becoming a RN for the fun of it she loved to learn new things. Emily sometimes thinks about how they met. She had known him for a good ten years. First time she saw him she was twelve. He was about twelve years older then her. She never knew him before he lost his eye sight she still remembered.

She remembered how he lost his sight, she wished she had known him since he went through that alone. Since his father died when he was younger. But she tried to remember he had her now. But what he didn't know was she had feelings for him. She knew he had secrets and was willing to wait. She told him that she was there for him always no matter the day and or time. She had no idea that he was the Daredevil. No idea that sometimes he puts himself in a metal like casket with water covering him because his hearing was so much stronger due to being blind. So much of his life she was in the dark but she wasn't helping anything since her feelings were in the dark but she was afraid. Afraid he would never see her like that. Afraid he would be one that likes either older woman or same age he is.

But all was going well for her, what she had no idea was her day was going to become either complicated or stressful. Emily had just left her class to go home and she was coming up to her building. It was an apartment building that was brick. She didn't live in hells kitchen but didn't live horribly far from where Matt lived. She was humming to herself she turned on her lights and got the shit scared out of her seeing Daredevil. She did not understand why he was there. She noticed drops of blood on her floor.

"You scared the shit out of me D" she said and quickly grabbed her first aid kit. She liked having her own stuff so that's why she had the supplies. She put it on the coffee table in front of them as she sat beside him. She noticed he had been shot. "What the hell happened? I had no idea you knew I was studying to become an RN.
 
Daredevil sat up more, wincing at the pain. Years of training with Stick had helped him learn to control his senses, with concentration he could hear things like Emily's heart beat, which was unique to her. He could feel the cold room, dark because the lights were off and not heating the air, but this also meant he had to concentrate on not feeling immense pain as well. With breathing and conscious meditation techniques he tried to distance himself from the pain of the bullet in his side.

When Emily had come in he had to come up with a quick excuse for why he didn't know she was a nurse, "I've seen you." he said, making his voice deeper and rougher than it was normally. Great, I sound like Christian Bale in that one Nolan movie, he thought but it was too late to back out now. "I've been keeping tabs on you. Making sure you're safe."

He winced and sat up more, pulling his armor aside to expose the wound, "Just, don't give me any antibiotics or anything. No injections. I just need you to stop the bleeding and sew me up." He wasn't about to tell her that most injections have had issues with his radioactive based senses. He'd learned, early on, that he had to do without most of the more modern medical treatments.
 
She could not help but smile it appeared that she had no guardian angle for her it was a guardian devil. She heard what he said and nodded "easy you" she said chuckling a bit and looked down at her things. And she let out a soft sigh. But she saw scars very old scars she ran her fingers over them and notice goosebumps formed on his skin. "Sorry" she cleared her throat and took out the bullets. Being sure to tell him in detail what she was doing. One step at a time. She removed four slugs and made sure to clean his wounds up. Then came the part she was not going to like very much. She got up a second and washed her hands using soap and water then carefully put new gloves on her hands. And sat back down and grabbed the suture kit and began to stitch him up. He was a hard ass that much was for sure.

After a good hour she made sure to do her best work, always. Then she wrapped him and taped bedding on his skin and sighed. "If you want to rest here a bit you may" she stood up to clean up the mess she made. "I talk about you to my friend Matt Murdock been working for him a few years. I don't plan on leaving his service, I have gotten through my course and get my license to be an RN. Point is he once told me everyone has secrets skeletons in there closets. I am curious who you are. But you are safe here. I would never unmask you I would never try that. But who knows maybe one day I will earn your trust. But Your a lot like Matt. He would keep secrets from me if it meant me being safe. That is part of the reason I have been in love with him since I've known the man" She blushed and sighed.

"Im just going to shut up now, you will need to come back to me to remove the sutures. And if you manage to tare them out. But doubt that will happen, I came up with a suture that is used on boxers and other fighters" she had a smile in her words. She had a feeling she will never forget this night. The only one that made her feel like this was Matt yet the masked vigilantly was making her happy
 
Daredevil smiled, as much as he could with the pain, and would have laughed but it came out as a groan. "I wouldn't have come here if I didn't trust you." He gestured to the mask, "I don't hide to protect myself, but others I care about. I go out looking for trouble. If people knew me, the real me, they wouldn't hesitate to hurt or use the one I love. I mean... ONES I love."

If it wasn't for the pain he might have blushed, Emily had just admitted to being in love with him and he wasn't sure if that was a good thing. It felt great, but it felt complicated. She was in love with Matt Murdock, and that was more of a mask than the one he wore as the Devil of Hell's kitchen.

"Go ahead. Give me the heavy duty stitches. I'll be swinging from a steel cable soon enough."
 
She smiled at him understanding were he was coming from. "Matt would agree" she said simply and was to the point everything happened for a reason. She got the sutures and sighed a bit. Emily had always wondered what it felt like and how hard it was to fight and not just fight. But putting everything in each night. And sometimes doing bad things to help or protect good people. She saw him as selfless and willing to fight till you are killed. She began to stitch him up and millions of ideas and questions ran through her head. She could tell he tried to laugh but was more a groan or a growl. She hated to hurt him, she didn't know much about him. Just that he was risking his life, he was a good man that was very easy to see. Willing to be in the shadows to protect those he cared for.

She knew if she had the ability she could see herself doing what he did if she had the money and or skill. As she finished up she got something's for him in case he needed new dressings. Since it would be easy to cause his wounds to re-bleed. Once done she sat back looking at him. "Your going to be just fine, I have a bag of supplies that will help in case you start to bleed. There are antibiotics you need two a day for the next ten days. Even a few pain pills. They are strong and should last a couple weeks" She put it by him and noticed it was one in the morning. Sitting beside him she placed her hand on his arm. He was keeping her company, she hated being single. Hated coming home to cold and darkness, she tried to be patient but it was very difficult. She let out a sigh and cleared her throat.

"Its one in the morning and I have a guest room if you want to stay the night." she asked in a calm tone.
 
"No. I'm sorry. Thank you, but I should go." Daredevil said, replacing his armor and heading for the window. "Thank you. I'm... I'm sorry I can't offer you anything else right now." His tone indicated that he might be willing to offer her more later, but as he paused, noticing how he'd sounded, he smiled at her and dropped out of her apartment window.

He was simply gone.

That night Matt returned to his apartment, his sense making sure he wasn't followed. He climbing in through the window and collapsed on the floor letting the pain overwhelm him. Why did he keep doing this? When he was healed it always felt like the right thing to do, and when he was hurt it always felt like he should put up the mask.

Moving toward the fridge he pulled off the mask, pulled out a beer and drank greedily.

"Now what?" He asked himself. Emily had just admitted to Daredevil that she was in love with Matt Murdock, and while that made him want to pursue her as Matt he would have to heal up before he could do anything with her that would seem like a date. And then there was the fact that she was the one who had patched him up. The moment she saw that scar she would see her own work.

To act on what he knew would mean exposing himself as Daredevil, but not acting on it would mean possibly losing the only woman he'd loved since Karen. Did he really want to relive the hurt and pain he'd caused her? He'd even hurt her when he was trying NOT to....

Mat drank more, and he realized he only had one choice. It was to NOT treat Emily as he had Karen. He had avoided this far too long, and worried over it far too much. When he finally did something about it, it was too late.

Picking up the phone, he called Emily.

"Hey. It's Matt..." He hoped she wouldn't hear any pain in his voice and so he focused more on speaking like his old self, "I know it's late but I'm going to need you to go into the office early in the morning and organize my cases. Focus on what I have to be in court for and visitations. I'll be in a little late." He paused and smiled, even though she couldn't see it, "But I'll bring you breakfast from that place you like!"
 
Life has always been a kick in the ass, life could be cruel, unfeeling and far from fair. She smiled seeing he was gone, but what he said and the way it sounded? She hoped for the future. She took a shower and allowed the warm water sooth her sore muscles. She had been taking training for self defence. She knew the daily death rate gets worse every week. She thought it would help, she had not told Matt since she knew she would get the "don't look for trouble." talk. She wasn't the crazy one and she sucked with fighting. As she put on her bath robe and sat down on her bed. Her cell phone had been charging on her bed. She looked up seeing her phone was ringing. And she noticed that it was Matt' seeing it was almost two a.m she was afraid something was wrong. She heard his voice on the other side and couldn't help but smile.

She had a small conversation and wrote down what he wanted her to do. She said goodnight and could not help but wonder what was going on. He was going to be late? Matt Murdock of all people. She feel asleep and set to get up earlier and by the time it was eight she was done. Her mind running in her head. She sent times, cases and the people by eight thirty. Smiling as she finally saw Matt and smiled she knew he couldn't see but he knew her and knew he would smile. He always smiled. Giving him a few minutes to get ready. Then she decided to go into his office. She put the files in front of him in alphabetical order the way he liked things. Emily was the same way. It was going to be a very long day, she could tell. She could smell the food he brought and couldn't wait to sink her teeth into her breakfast.

"Hope you are okay...you worried me since you never come in late."
 
Matt Murdock folded up his cane walking to his desk. This was not uncommon for the blind who got used to everything be in the same place all the time. Four steps forward, turn left, two steps forward and he was now reaching out to find the office chair that should have been pushed into his desk.

Repetition was king. Order as paramount.

"I had a long night. I don't want you to worry." He touched each file one at a time and nodded. "Thank you." He smiled and nodded before turning around to sit back against his desk.

"Emily. I need to ask you a question. But I want you to show you something first." He moved to open unbutton his shirt, then pulled up the right side to reveal the very sutures and bandaging she had put on him last night. "I'm the Devil of Hell's kitchen." He paused to let that sink in and then added, "And, yes, I am blind." He smiled when he added that last part.

When he could finally put his shirt down, no more proof needed, he explained, "What you said, last night... about being in love with me?" He smiled again and looked down, blushing, "Yes. Sorry. I didn't want to say anything. I needed... I need to think."

He sat back and looked up at her, as if really looking at her for the first time. He couldn't see her, but he could smell the soap in her hair, the deoderant she wore, the fabric softener in her clothes and the scent of her skin. He could also feel the heat she fave off, the cool air around her making him know where she stood. He could feel the thumping of her heart and almost taste the favor of lipstick in the air. In his mind she was the swirl of heat in a room of cold, like a flame drawing him in like a moth.

"I... I don't want to lose you. But I don't want you to get hurt because you're with me. And, I can't live two lives. I've tried that, and it never worked." he was talking quickly now, almost rambling, "I'll think we can meet for dinner, then something will happen and I'll have to stand you up. I'll make up some excuse and you'll know I'm lying but you won't know why. Then I'll try to make it up to you and that will go bad so we'll say we can't be together but we'll end up trying to make it work again and I'll just stand you up because some psycho in a costume, hired by the mob, wants to kill someone running for D.A. and then I'll have to lie to you again..."

It didn't look as if he was going to stop any time soon unless Emily said or did something to stop him.
 
Matt was the type of man that she had always wanted. He was a good man she could since that he was good. Her head tilted to the side not sure what the future would hold if anything. Her eyes looked into his even if there eyes didn't meet due to him unable to. Over the years she felt a bunch of shit all at once, it was love, desire, and hope. He treated her with nothing but kindness and great understanding. Life was complicated which was why she took nothing for granted. She was afraid someone would get a hold of her saying Matt was dead. Without him she truly would be alone in the world. Her parents long gone. She had there life insurance money. She was grateful because he helped her with making it last as long as possible. And that was around the time she got a job working for him. He was a great guy and boss.

She looked forward to getting to know him even more. She didn't know if they would always be friends, though nothing he says or do would make her leave. While he folded down his cane she watched him. Giving him space so he was not bumping into him. She smiled, seeing the way he had the room figured out were everything was. With the steps he had to take it was like he was dancing. It was an amazing how he was. She loved his strength and how strong he truly was, losing ones eyesight when your young had to be hard. She once blind folded herself for a couple days. And she found it very difficult, which was why she loved his inner strength. She had known he had a girl friend when she started. But it wasn't meant to be since it only lasted a few weeks. It drove her crazy that his ex just up and left him.

But he had her full attention when he said he needed to ask her something. She told him ages ago if he had questions she would give him an honest answer. She watched him pull up his shirt, unsure what was going on. But in that moment her eyes went wide and let out a surprised sound. She walked up closer and she reached over placing a warm hand on his skin. She had been floored, she thought about the conversation. She sat down on the corner of his desk. She sat up straight. She could hear the conversation in her head. She had no idea what to do. It was like a building falling on her. It was one hell of a confession. She had so many things in her head about all of this. But her love for him made her have a more open mind. But then he kept on going and heard everything running out his mouth.

She leaned in her lips touching his in a light yet sweet. She pulled away just a little. "What ever happens Matt we will figure it out. " she said with a kind smile that could be heard in her voice. She was thinking of every possible thing that could happen. She did care about him and when it came to secrets she would handle everything with care. She removed his glasses putting them on top of his desk. His eyes were grey which was due to him being blind. Her eyes locked to his and kissed him again. "I love you Matt your a good guy, but you need a companion that can help. And I don't mean me fighting. I can do one better. I can always patch you up" she said softly kissing his cheek. She could not help but care more now that he told her something that he would never share due to the king pin.
 
Last edited:
Matt welcomed the kiss, pulling her into him. He could taste her like no other, feel her skin spike with warmth as her pulse quickened. The sent of her skin, perfume and the small remains of body wash made him want to just wrap his arms around her and breathe her in.

As his arms pulled her to him, the pain in his side flared up as if someone were stabbing him in the ribs. He hesitated for only a second before kissing her back and then drawing away. "I don't want you to just sew me back together every time. But I do like knowing someone's waiting for me. Giving me a reason to home... someone to come home too."
 
She smiled at him and could not help but love the though of what he was saying, she loved the thought of being with him. But that would come, that much she did know. Everything deep down she knew this was meant to be and the way he held her and kissed her it was amazing. Deep down there was only one thing she could do, and its to be what ever he needed at the time. "I am here for you when ever you need me, you knew this the night you came to me as D.D Loving and knowing you could kill me yes, but I am not without the ability to fight. And I will do what ever I can you know this" She said softly.

"I love you Matt Murdock and I will always be with you"
 
Matt smiled, even laughed a bit, then hugged her to him. "Okay, Emily, I believe you. I love you, but I never thought this could happen. That we could happen. I just want you to be safe and keep a low profile when it comes to life with me, outside the office."

He didn't have to look at her but pull back just a bit as if to look at her, "If anyone found out who I was..." he didn't dare finish that statement.
 
She smiled at him and placed her hand on his cheek "Hey hush" She said simply "I love you and you love me, leave it at that okay?" She said with a grin on her face. "I will be fine I don't plan on yelling from the roof top I know who Dare Devil Is" She whispered his street name. "Come on we got a long day ahead, but you owe me a story I think Matt, I didn't know you when you had your sight, if your willing id like to know what happened, when your ready to talk about it, but only then" She said lovingly kissing him deeply.
 
"Thank you." He smiled, moved to kiss her again, then nodded, "Yes. Work. Okay, let's try to get all this done as quickly as possible."

Sadly for Matt Murdock, pro bono lawyer for the down trodden, a short day was usually a 14 hour one that ended with delivery Chinese food and a six pack of Tsing Tao beers. Matt held nothing back, telling her all of it. The accident, the head aches, the training from Stick and the death of his father.

He gave little detail, making it more of a cold recap than a walk down memory lane. Just the facts. Afterwards he tried to distract from further delving into his past, to protect his feelings, by offering a challenge to play with his sense.

"Go ahead. Pick up anything with your chop sticks and hold them up. I can tell you what's on them so long as they aren't still next to the food."
 
She smiled at him and could not help but laugh a little with what he was having her do, but as she skillfully held a piece of shrimp up away from the rest of the food she began to think. "With everything you tell me, you should be able to "See me" in the rain. We should try it sometime" She said softly looking up to him. She was honored that she knew the truth about him, did not make it any easier working for him. Or dating him for that matter, but in that moment it was very good, and it felt perfect. Her heart beating quickly as she began to think of the possible dangers, but in her opinion she knew she should tell him.

"You have told me everything about you, but you must know I can fight if need be. I mean understand I would NEVER look for danger or anything. But if someone did try something, I would have a good chance of being okay, perhaps we should try that sometime to. I will admit I would love to see you fight, something about that is hot and not sure what it is, or maybe I am just crazy" She smirked and chuckled more.
 
Matt smiled, "Shrimp. It also has a bit of onion attached to it somewhere. The sauce is both soy and the sweet red that was with your egg rolls." He inhaled, "I can smell the soap on your fingers, the metal that I think is a ring. Small."

He listened and nodded, "I think I'd like to see me fight too!" He laughed, "There have been times, in my past, when I had the chance to get my sight back. But, I've always worried that the process might take away my other senses. That, which makes me the Devil of Hell's kitchen." He held out his hand, reaching for her face, "Right now I wish I could see you. Truly see you." He snapped his fingers.

Then again.

And again.

In his mind he could "see" the sounds bouncing off her face and the room and back. The warmth and air around her skin, all helped draw more of the shapes in his mind. "To be honest, I don't even know what's attractive to most people. I just know how beautiful I think you are."

Matt reached out and too her jaw to bring their lips together for a long, loving kiss.
 
She smiled at him he was good, he could smell even the smallest scent. Then he mentioned her ring and she smiled. "Yes im a size 4. Its a ring from my mother its the last thing she gave me before her death." hearing what else he said she smiled lovingly. She could not help but laugh about being able to see himself. She felt his hand on her face. Feeling and seeing her the way he could. "You most likely would loose your strong sense would not happen all at once but it would happen. But no matter what you choose you have my support" she said honestly.

When he touched her jaw and there lips touched in that moment she wanted him to take her right there and then but right now she was content to be there kissing him deeply.
 
Back
Top