Writing Goal for the Day?

Okay, more did get done. Settled on a cover image, wrote more for the hockey, and a little for the reindeer. Suppose bed is next on the agenda.

Okay, more did get done. Settled on a cover image, wrote more for the hockey, and a little for the reindeer. Suppose bed is next on the agenda.

Good for you!

Still writing. Still haven't opened the Scotch. But it's starting to call to me...

Last night before I quit, I put two chapters to bed on the 2nd Janus book and a few words in the God Mother book. Tonight I unload 2 chapters into the God Mother book. God Mother is at 65k (53 chapters) and only half finished, whoa is me. :eek:

The Janus book has six more day to write about. :eek: It takes 2-3 chapter a day and I'm already starting Chapter 26...what?

Kind of stuck on the A New World book...looking back at what I wrote last time it might have to ripped out so it was all for naught. Oh well, not the first time nor will it be the last time. :(

Will I ever finish these?

Last night before I quit, I put two chapters to bed on the 2nd Janus book and a few words in the God Mother book. Tonight I unload 2 chapters into the God Mother book.

That's great! Congrats.

God Mother is at 65k (53 chapters) and only half finished, whoa is me. :eek:

The Janus book has six more day to write about. :eek: It takes 2-3 chapter a day and I'm already starting Chapter 26...what?

Kind of stuck on the A New World book...looking back at what I wrote last time it might have to ripped out so it was all for naught. Oh well, not the first time nor will it be the last time. :(

Will I ever finish these?

I can related. I'm just starting the third book in a trilogy. I've twice written half a novel's worth of material that I ended up scrapping entirely. But someday, it will be done. :)

That's great! Congrats.

I can related. I'm just starting the third book in a trilogy. I've twice written half a novel's worth of material that I ended up scrapping entirely. But someday, it will be done. :)

Thanks.

Oh yea, been there done that. I have discards littering my disk, in broken shambles, bits and pieces of words written thinking I might be able to use them and never looking at them again. *sigh*

Thanks.

Oh yea, been there done that. I have discards littering my disk, in broken shambles, bits and pieces of words written thinking I might be able to use them and never looking at them again. *sigh*

I usually don't even save them. Too depressing. Once I decide I can't use it, I get rid of it and try not to think about it. :D

I usually don't even save them. Too depressing. Once I decide I can't use it, I get rid of it and try not to think about it. :D

I save everything and have "resurrected" many small fragments and inserted them into my stories. I especially never get rid of any type of sex scenario.

But I have even used snippets of dialogue from unfinished stories and in SWB chapter 31 the knock down drag out fight in the strip club was written two years ago I simply changed the names and tweaked it.

When I was a kid we were pretty poor. I mean like adding water to the ketchup to make it last longer. So I think that is why even now I can't throw anything away, even crappy writing.

I almost always save any major sections I decide to cut into separate files. Never can tell if you'll need/want them again.

I almost always save any major sections I decide to cut into separate files. Never can tell if you'll need/want them again.

I do that too and I name them things like Mark/Denise conversation or "Pool table scene"

At this point I have a shitload of docs and some I have used and can get rid of. I keep saying when I ma stuck on writing I'll "clean it up" open them all see what they are and save them to a flash drive to unclutter the pc. Instead whenever I am taking a break I am..... Posting here.:eek:

One of my goals is to learn something new about writing every day or almost every day. I strive to discover the recipes of writing, the ingredients, how much to use and how long etc.

And today I discovered something new, an idea I've not come across before.

One of my goals is to learn something new about writing every day or almost every day. I strive to discover the recipes of writing, the ingredients, how much to use and how long etc.

And today I discovered something new, an idea I've not come across before.

So you going to share or are you just trying to be cryptic?:)

Youre inviting me to do a fools errand, that is, lay it out there so you can hoist your nose and blabber, EWWWW.

You're onto me JB! I'm a mole who was sent here to try to discover all of your writing secrets!

Now spill it or I'll make you read my incest series from start to finish!

You're onto me JB! I'm a mole who was sent here to try to discover all of your writing secrets!

Now spill it or I'll make you read my incest series from start to finish!

Not THAT! You win!!

Here's the essential clue: Think Rube Goldberg.

Not THAT! You win!!

Here's the essential clue: Think Rube Goldberg.

Knew you couldn't hold out against that! Hell that threat even works with the wife!

Okay so Goldberg. You are going to over complicate a very simple story? Is that the gist of it?

Knew you couldn't hold out against that! Hell that threat even works with the wife!

Okay so Goldberg. You are going to over complicate a very simple story? Is that the gist of it?

Youre lazy and dont wanna think.

I do that, too, now. I keep a whole separate file for deleted scenes.

Today, I'm sitting on Ch 11 and moving ahead with writing 12. Still waiting to hear back from the VE. So how much patience is reasonable in this situation?

I used to do that, then at one point in a story I realized that the bit I lifted out earlier would be a perfect fit at that point and I had to try and re-write it from memory. Now I save every bit I pull, just in case.

I'm a computer coder by training...there was only one program write that was original...the rest are just bits and pieces of that original. :) Cut and paste baby!

I do that, too, now. I keep a whole separate file for deleted scenes.

Today, I'm sitting on Ch 11 and moving ahead with writing 12. Still waiting to hear back from the VE. So how much patience is reasonable in this situation?

I should keep a separate folder, but haven't gotten there yet.

How long has it been since you sent it to the VE? I'd think about three days is a good wait period, but I'd say it also depends on anything you may have set up beforehand.

SA Penn Lady, I think Serenissima Syd said her VE is in Australia. When I seek licensing for a derivative from Grand Master dweaver999, I routinely allow a week, and even them am nervous about sending a follow-up e-mail. Time differences are a bummer, and really good editors and authors are always busy.

SA Penn Lady, I think Serenissima Syd said her VE is in Australia. When I seek licensing for a derivative from Grand Master dweaver999, I routinely allow a week, and even them am nervous about sending a follow-up e-mail. Time differences are a bummer, and really good editors and authors are always busy.

Don't relax yet, Great Quibbler. I shall still want your input. :p

Youre lazy and dont wanna think.

Let's face it, anytime any of us post here we're being lazy and not writing or working.

Oh by the way JB? there is this thing called an apostrophe looks kind of like this

' ' '
They're useful in words like you're and Don't. I mean talk about lazy.

Back