To Anonymous

Appearing on 11/24/15

"if you are going to steal many lines

or attempt to rewrite poems you should credit the original author clearly as Leonard Cohen, many younger poets may not be familiar with who Leonard is. I don't appreciate this plagiarism!"

It is clearly a glosa as stated. No lines were "stolen" nor was there any "plagiarism".....your poetic ignorance is showing, better tuck it away before someone snips it off. :)

I appreciate that you bother to read submitted poems but you really need to know a bit about poetry before you spout off. The fact that you remain anonymous and unreachable for any response forces me to approach your "criticism" in this forum.

Hope he/she reads my reply and feels very.very silly! Don't have a heart attack when you see there is a reply from Anonymous, it wouldn't let me log in!!

Stealing someone else's words is vile horrible thing :( just way unacceptable

Hope he/she reads my reply and feels very.very silly! Don't have a heart attack when you see there is a reply from Anonymous, it wouldn't let me log in!!

:D I nearly did have a heart attack....until I realised it was you. :heart: Good to see you BTW. The coward that hides behind his/her chosen name loves to shit stir and pass out negativity. If anyone - younger or not - actually reads poems and is intrigued enough, there's always Google, FGS. :)

I couldn't leave just that comment sitting there in case someone came along and read it and believed it!!

Stealing someone else's words is vile horrible thing :( just way unacceptable

By the way it's not plagiarism when it's a Glosa which traditionally is a quote from another well-known poet used within a new poem. Also a Cento is a poem made up of lines from poems by other poets.

Last edited:
Appearing on 11/24/15

"if you are going to steal many lines

or attempt to rewrite poems you should credit the original author clearly as Leonard Cohen, many younger poets may not be familiar with who Leonard is. I don't appreciate this plagiarism!"

It is clearly a glosa as stated. No lines were "stolen" nor was there any "plagiarism".....your poetic ignorance is showing, better tuck it away before someone snips it off. :)

I appreciate that you bother to read submitted poems but you really need to know a bit about poetry before you spout off. The fact that you remain anonymous and unreachable for any response forces me to approach your "criticism" in this forum.

I was gonna go kick anon's butt, but I see Annie already did so I just gave you a 5. I love the poem and I'm pretty sure I recall it. Is it one you worked on in the before and after thread? (And if it's new, I guess I just remember that you are a big LC fan!) :)

!!

I couldn't leave just that comment sitting there in case someone came along and read it and believed it!!

I was gonna go kick anon's butt, but I see Annie already did so I just gave you a 5. I love the poem and I'm pretty sure I recall it. Is it one you worked on in the before and after thread? (And if it's new, I guess I just remember that you are a big LC fan!) :)

My thanks to you both, and to greenmountaineer for your support in this situation. POETS RULE!!! Anonymouth is just that......a big mouth.

Back