Bootblacking

MeltformySir

Really Experienced
I haven't done this yet. I don't know what all it entails, but my friend would like me to learn how to do it, and I would like to try it to see if I like it. Anyone have any suggestions about how to learn, what to do, ways to "enhance" it and make my service extra special?

TIA. :)

No input, but... I've been verrry interested in the idea since S got a pair of docs. :D

No input, but... I've been verrry interested in the idea since S got a pair of docs. :D

:D I hear ya. I was in charge of getting new boot shoelaces last week. I think boots are the sexiest bit of man apparel there is, other than maybe boxer-briefs. Yum. Hopefully someone will come along and learn us 'bout the particulars. lol

Oh thank god I'm not the only one having a "can't tell if service kink or euphemism" moment here.

LOL. Seriously I haven't much of a clue. Bootblacking is kind of a thing around here where I live and lots of people seem to enjoy doing it. I think it's an offshoot of the Old Guard Leather community??

I am just interested in it because anything regarding service sounds fun to me. :confused:

Yes, it's the same as polishing boots. :)
It's more or less a shoe fetish thing, both for the bootblack and for the proud owner of the shiny shiny boots.

Yes, it's the same as polishing boots. :)
It's more or less a shoe fetish thing, both for the bootblack and for the proud owner of the shiny shiny boots.

Well, bootblacks also care for other leather wear/tools/tack. The term is from the 1800's but became popular again in the leather societies.

Is bootblacking the same as polishing boots?

No. Sorry Stella, but it's not.

Bootblacking is the term used for the care, cleaning and repair of apparel, toys, tools, footwear... anything made of leather. A bootblack can often sew leather, or repair cuts/gouges in boots, re-dye things, etc. They are not limited to "polishing boots".

Generally speaking, if a bootblack is blacking in public they are doing boot and shoe care, but it's not uncommon to see a bootblack conditioning a pair of chaps, leather pants, vests, skirts, shorts, etc. Blacking can be highly erotic or very clinical, depending on the bootblack, their connection to the person who has their leather being worked on, and what's appropriate for the venue where the blacking is being done.

In a bar with a bunch of vanilla patrons in attendance? You probably aren't going to see the bootblack slather their face with conditioner and faceplant in someone's crotch to condition their pants. At a kink or Leather event? Oh, hell yeah!

If you are at an event or bar where someone is blacking, they typically don't charge a set fee. But their time, their supplies, and their effort is worth something. Also, bootblacks are often performing their services as part of a fundraising effort. So remember that it is customary to TIP YOUR BOOTBLACK for the services they render.

A quick clean up and polish on a pair of shoes might be a $5 or $10 tip. Cleaning and conditioning a pair of chaps or leather pants? Don't be a tightwad - $20 is bottom end tip, $30 is better one. Short boots? $10 - $20. Tall boots? $20 - $30 it all depends on how much work they have to do and how good a job you feel they did.

Want a real treat? If it's covered in leather, they can touch it. Wear a leather kilt or skirt, a leather G-string or thong, a leather shirt or overbust corset, and gloves, and tell the bootblack "Do it all."

Oh-Mah-Gerd!

That's going to be hot. And be ready to drop a helluva tip on them. :D

No. Sorry Stella, but it's not.

Bootblacking is the term used for the care, cleaning and repair of apparel, toys, tools, footwear... anything made of leather. A bootblack can often sew leather, or repair cuts/gouges in boots, re-dye things, etc. They are not limited to "polishing boots".

Generally speaking, if a bootblack is blacking in public they are doing boot and shoe care, but it's not uncommon to see a bootblack conditioning a pair of chaps, leather pants, vests, skirts, shorts, etc. Blacking can be highly erotic or very clinical, depending on the bootblack, their connection to the person who has their leather being worked on, and what's appropriate for the venue where the blacking is being done.

In a bar with a bunch of vanilla patrons in attendance? You probably aren't going to see the bootblack slather their face with conditioner and faceplant in someone's crotch to condition their pants. At a kink or Leather event? Oh, hell yeah!

If you are at an event or bar where someone is blacking, they typically don't charge a set fee. But their time, their supplies, and their effort is worth something. Also, bootblacks are often performing their services as part of a fundraising effort. So remember that it is customary to TIP YOUR BOOTBLACK for the services they render.

A quick clean up and polish on a pair of shoes might be a $5 or $10 tip. Cleaning and conditioning a pair of chaps or leather pants? Don't be a tightwad - $20 is bottom end tip, $30 is better one. Short boots? $10 - $20. Tall boots? $20 - $30 it all depends on how much work they have to do and how good a job you feel they did.

Want a real treat? If it's covered in leather, they can touch it. Wear a leather kilt or skirt, a leather G-string or thong, a leather shirt or overbust corset, and gloves, and tell the bootblack "Do it all."

Oh-Mah-Gerd!

That's going to be hot. And be ready to drop a helluva tip on them. :D

I... I could potentially make money doing this awesome thing for kinksters? Without it having to be really sexual?? *A*

I... I could potentially make money doing this awesome thing for kinksters? Without it having to be really sexual?? *A*

Yup. You'd be surprised... It's seriously a thing within the Leather circles I travel in. You can most often find bootblacks at gay bars that have Leather and/or fetish nights, or Leather patch clubs that meet there, and around gay Motorcycle Clubs. There are contests and titles that center around bootblacks and their titles, often held in conjunction with other Leather titles.

There are titles for men, women, and titles that take contestants of either gender, from local bar titles to state, and regional titles to international level bootblack contests that have contestants from literally around the globe.

There are several organizations for supporting bootblacks like The Bootblack Brigade, or Get Your Black On. There's even a Bootblack Wiki

(side note: the wiki is HEAVILY weighted toward the Community Bootblack title circuit. The information is still good, just keep in mind that it is not a very broad source of info.)

If you contact me via PM with your rough location, I might be able to put you in touch with bootblacks in your area or clubs/venues you might find them.
:D

Yup. You'd be surprised... It's seriously a thing within the Leather circles I travel in. You can most often find bootblacks at gay bars that have Leather and/or fetish nights, or Leather patch clubs that meet there, and around gay Motorcycle Clubs. There are contests and titles that center around bootblacks and their titles, often held in conjunction with other Leather titles.

There are titles for men, women, and titles that take contestants of either gender, from local bar titles to state, and regional titles to international level bootblack contests that have contestants from literally around the globe.

There are several organizations for supporting bootblacks like The Bootblack Brigade, or Get Your Black On. There's even a Bootblack Wiki

(side note: the wiki is HEAVILY weighted toward the Community Bootblack title circuit. The information is still good, just keep in mind that it is not a very broad source of info.)

If you contact me via PM with your rough location, I might be able to put you in touch with bootblacks in your area or clubs/venues you might find them.
:heart: Miss you

Daaang. Thanks!

I think I'd better learn how to polish a shoe, first. I'll get back to you when that happens ;)

Back