The 750 Word Project

Elements and story arc wouldn't be the same thing. The dilemma/conflict/change or resolution are the standard ingredients given for a story arc. I've amended the change/resolution over time myself when I discuss this in workshops because I find that no change/no resolution can be the ending of a story (and the message of it) just as well.

As for elements of a story, the standard ones given are setting/plot/theme/characters, which is good enough for me.

And a thanks to you too ! Another copy/save if you don't mind ~ :rose:

I've amended the change/resolution over time myself when I discuss this in workshops because I find that no change/no resolution can be the ending of a story (and the message of it) just as well.
This is indeed the case I've found too.

I remember a few great stories where the reveal at the end of exactly why the status quo cannot change - the entire story is about trying to resolve a situation, and the twist being that at the end, the protagonist is the one who perpetuates the status quo rather than resolving it, for reasons.

There are many many ways to tell a story:)

There are many many ways to tell a story:)
Indeed. Written, too, as well as audiovisual or whatever. But I'll return to a basic question: Since writing is performance art, for whom do authors perform? Is your audience internal or external? I can create stories or songs or images that entertain me immensely but do nothing for anyone else. Must I please you?

Indeed. Written, too, as well as audiovisual or whatever. But I'll return to a basic question: Since writing is performance art, for whom do authors perform? Is your audience internal or external? I can create stories or songs or images that entertain me immensely but do nothing for anyone else. Must I please you?
I please myself first, and readers can tag along, waiting to see what I'm indulging myself with this time.

The bombers really have it in for us. I figured the hate would die down after the N tags fell off, but apparently not. After the Valentine's sweep, my 750 story finally picked up an H tag. Then over night, I got two votes and dropped from 4.56 to 4.44. While there is something satisfying in the repetition of the new score, I'm surprised at how persistent the haters are. Anybody else? Or is it just me?

The bombers really have it in for us. I figured the hate would die down after the N tags fell off, but apparently not. After the Valentine's sweep, my 750 story finally picked up an H tag. Then over night, I got two votes and dropped from 4.56 to 4.44. While there is something satisfying in the repetition of the new score, I'm surprised at how persistent the haters are. Anybody else? Or is it just me?

No, it's not just you. It appears that some people hate the Red H.

That was excellent! Read and gave it 5*

Thanks. I need to do short story challenges more often to inspire me.

Today, I finally got around to uploading extended version I did for Grenfell - it's now a Romance called, 'Coming In From The Rain'. It's still only 3k though.

A part of me wishes I'd left alone, but the other thinks it was nice to answer some of the questions people have posed.

Back