A Get to Know Each Other Thread

Zumi... I'm STILL waiting fer YOUR bewbage, Lady... :D

giphy.gif

I am very lucky that I have done lots of things I wanted in industries considered enviable. I have also done a lot of very basic work. , I really like working! I miss working to s routine and for someone else. The two things I would really love now would be either to fly a helicopter (never going to happen :mad:) or to work hours that work round G in a little local art gallery or a shop that had a greAt feeling. Somewhere that fits in a community well in s town I enjoy going to and is just honest, decent work but has a great feel. I actually really long for a simple job a few hours/ days a week.

I could so see you working in Art gallery or a museum!

I like what I do. I work independently a majority of the time. I wish it was full time work because I become easily bored at home.

Given the choice, I would love to be a personal shopper. I love shopping and finding bargains!
Or, if I had a lot of land, I would like to have a dog/animal rescue.

But you did get Rainy's soccer pic! She is a giver!

LOL....I would like an animal farm. Not going to happen but it would be nice. I like animals more than some humans.:D

Do you want a farm or a petting zoo? With a farm, you raise the animals for a purpose; meat, milk, wool, etc. Personally, I would prefer a farm.

Do you want a farm or a petting zoo? With a farm, you raise the animals for a purpose; meat, milk, wool, etc. Personally, I would prefer a farm.

thor, I know you are a proud Alaskan. Are you a native? If not, how old when you moved there and why?

thor, I know you are a proud Alaskan. Are you a native? If not, how old when you moved there and why?

Remember the rules! Rainy said, "Rules: Ask someone a question but you must answer the question yourself, first."

Since you did not follow the rules, I will not directly answer. But, My grand daughter is 5th generation Alaskan born. :)

With regard to the native question, yes and no. Currently, the local meaning of Native (note the capitalization) means that one has blood from indigenous peoples in their veins. If there's not a 1/4, it doesn't count unless you are Aleut or Alutiiq, and then you need 1/8th. Yet, the DNA test says there's a tiny bit of north American indigenous people's DNA in my cells.

Last edited:

More like a petting zoo. :D

No, I would want enough land to rescue animals that are in need and need a home, until I found a good placement for them.

More like a petting zoo. :D

No, I would want enough land to rescue animals that are in need and need a home, until I found a good placement for them.

No one wants old used animals. New and shiny is the in thing. You'd be stuck with them. Best to open a sausage plant, bbq stand and a tannery.

to whomever

Why ask why?

I ask why to learn new things. Sometimes I ask why to annoy people.

Open question to everyone: What's something you used to enjoy doing often in the past that you don't do anymore and would love to get back to doing?

For me, I used to infuse vodkas and gins with fruits. About three or four years ago I was doing this after getting hipped to it from a social media follow. Got all these pitchers from BB&B and started 'fusin'. It was mad fun.

infused-vodka_gxz40m.jpg

Thing is, to infuse properly, you have to have to have the patience to let it sit. Kind of a hard thing to do if you enjoy imbibing. You buy all this large amounts of hooch and then you have to let it sit there three weeks-to-a-month until drinking. The start out is how it tests your patience, but once you get your drink matrix in order it's all jake.

What you do is make one pitcher a week and keep doing weekly pitchers so that after one infuse is done, you always have a new pitcher for the next week. Finish that one and flip it again so the cycle continues. But you gotta stick to schedule. Once you break the rhythm, it collapses. That's what happened to me. I got empty pitchers sitting in my kitchen now and every time I go to make a tequila lemonade (my current drink crush) they're yelling at me all the time, "USE ME!!!" :D

Remember the rules! Rainy said, "Rules: Ask someone a question but you must answer the question yourself, first."

Since you did not follow the rules, I will not directly answer. But, My grand daughter is 5th generation Alaskan born. :)

With regard to the native question, yes and no. Currently, the local meaning of Native (note the capitalization) means that one has blood from indigenous peoples in their veins. If there's not a 1/4, it doesn't count unless you are Aleut or Alutiiq, and then you need 1/8th. Yet, the DNA test says there's a tiny bit of north American indigenous people's DNA in my cells.

I am always breaking the rules :eek:

Interesting - from what I see on TV it seems like there might be a chance of tension between long-timers/born-theres and newbies who are there on some sort of back to nature call of the wild quest.

Open question to everyone: What's something you used to enjoy doing often in the past that you don't do anymore and would love to get back to doing?

For me, I used to infuse vodkas and gins with fruits. About three or four years ago I was doing this after getting hipped to it from a social media follow. Got all these pitchers from BB&B and started 'fusin'. It was mad fun.

infused-vodka_gxz40m.jpg

Thing is, to infuse properly, you have to have to have the patience to let it sit. Kind of a hard thing to do if you enjoy imbibing. You buy all this large amounts of hooch and then you have to let it sit there three weeks-to-a-month until drinking. The start out is how it tests your patience, but once you get your drink matrix in order it's all jake.

What you do is make one pitcher a week and keep doing weekly pitchers so that after one infuse is done, you always have a new pitcher for the next week. Finish that one and flip it again so the cycle continues. But you gotta stick to schedule. Once you break the rhythm, it collapses. That's what happened to me. I got empty pitchers sitting in my kitchen now and every time I go to make a tequila lemonade (my current drink crush) they're yelling at me all the time, "USE ME!!!" :D

I tried the infusion thing... Problem was I couldn't stand the length of time it took to infuse. They were eagerly consumed within the first day or so... Not nearly enough time to do it proper.

Which leads me to your question, i once enjoyed drinking copious amounts. However, I would not like to get back into it like I was... My liver thanks me.

My beer gets infused with anything other than more beer, somebody is gonna get punched.

Why ask why?

I ask why to learn new things. Sometimes I ask why to annoy people.

Try bud dry.

To learn. But also a good tool to get someone to think about and or reveal the motive behind what they are doing. In the world of sales "why" is a powerful tool.

I tried the infusion thing... Problem was I couldn't stand the length of time it took to infuse. They were eagerly consumed within the first day or so... Not nearly enough time to do it proper.

Which leads me to your question, i once enjoyed drinking copious amounts. However, I would not like to get back into it like I was... My liver thanks me.

The waiting is hell. Hate it, hate it. Which is why I wish I'd started on the first of the year like I thought to do...it'd be two weeks in right now. :(

Time is gonna pass no matter what we do, we just gotta take advantage of its power in the now. Think I'm gonna go get all the stuff tomorry.

The waiting is hell. Hate it, hate it. Which is why I wish I'd started on the first of the year like I thought to do...it'd be two weeks in right now. :(

Time is gonna pass no matter what we do, we just gotta take advantage of its power in the now. Think I'm gonna go get all the stuff tomorry.

My gf actually hid a Mason jar full of my go to vodka and fresh Colorado peaches in the deep freeze. It was there about two weeks before i sniffed it out. Delicious! Pretty sure she got sloppy off the peaches...

We also did some with the fresh cucumbers out of the garden last summer. That was more tasty than I had thought it would be. Fresh and clean... However, that only cooked for about a week.

Back