Lucid Dreaming?

mwf2ffan

Experienced
Joined
Sep 11, 2014
Posts
48
Does anyone have any experience with training themselves to be aware of their dreams while they are in it and to be able to control it? What about setting a basic story line to dream of that night?

How did you manage to do it?
 
Three things can get you started:
1. Pay attention to your dreams. Keep a journal by the bed. Write down everything you can remember about a dream, even if it's only fragments.
2. While in the hypnagogic state before deep sleep, set an intention for what you want to dream about.
3. Practice re-entering a dream: if you wake up for whatever reason (full bladder, for example,) lie back down, close your eyes and go back into the dream.

Good luck and don't expect miracles right away. Some can do it easily, some take years to perfect it.
 
I'll add onto what Jack just said about re-entering a dream, the quicker you close your eyes the better I've found, and keep thinking about what you were dreaming about and continue the story in your mind, imagine what would happen next and keep thinking about it and you will enter back into that dream.
It is the easiest way I've been able to re-enter a dream.

In my experience with lucid dreams, being aware you are dreaming is much more simpler to do than to be aware and control the way your dream goes. Many times I've found my self aware and then try to do something (eg walk through a wall) and feel like I'm putting all my energy into it an nothing happening. I've been able to lucid dream as far back as I can remember and at 26 I still haven't mastered controlling my dreams

I hope this helps.
 
Yes.

I learned to control the direction of my dreams especially the bad ones!
 
ALWAYS been able to lucid dream and control my dreams. My daughter can also. I thought everyone could?! This is fascinating as I've not heard it discussed by anyone until now.
 
Does anyone have any experience with training themselves to be aware of their dreams while they are in it and to be able to control it? What about setting a basic story line to dream of that night?

How did you manage to do it?

Also very curious to experience this..have tried but no luck..I remember alot of my dreams in much detail but xan never ludic dream...any thoughs on astral projection..and since we on a adult forum. .how about astral sex?
 
I've had very vivid dreams and nightmares my while life...forced myself to fight back in scary dream situations. I will also dream even if only out for seconds.

Mine comes naturally though - I am actually such a light sleeper that I have kicked and punched hubby several times while dreaming, and yell out things coherently. I assumed it was a neurological abnormality to be so lucid.

Sorry I'm no help, but I know there are books on the topic, I think you can get there through conditioning yourself.
 
We've had a couple of threads on this topic previously; you might want to check the forum archives.
 
Thanks for the heads up that there were other threads. I checked them out.

The reason why I posted this then was to find out if anyone has dreamed their fantasies once they could control their dreams.
 
I once read that Salvador Dali would sit in front of a canvas while holding silverware in his hand. As soon as he doze off, he would drop the silverware, waking himself up, and he would immediately begin painting whatever he had last seen/imagined.

In general, that's the key to learning how to lucid dream - you need to be just a little bit awake. Most people are introduced to lucid dreaming when they use their snooze alarm, because their alarm may go off while they are dreaming.

Try using these ideas. Set an alarm for twenty minutes after you fall asleep. When it goes off, try ignoring it while paying attention to your dream. That might work.
 
If I have a dream which has a lot of fine detail but does not reach an ending, I will most likely remember it. If this dream happens more than once and never reaches the ending then I know that at sometime this dream will come true. It's happened to me several time. Some of the dreams are scary while others are not.
 
I find that I can get back into my dream. I do wake up usually about every hour, due to a sinus issue, but roll over and get right back to sleep, and what I was dreaming about. The exception is when I experience a hypnagogic hallucination....which can be very disconcerting, and then I don't want to get back to it.
 
Back
Top