How to understand the rating of a story you wrote?

HalIncandenza

Virgin
I just posted my first story and am a bit confused about how the rating system works. To the right of my story, it says it has a score of 4.43 (hooray!). But when I go into my personal profile section, the rating section looks different, and it says my story has a 3.8/10 (yikes!).

Can anyone clarify what's going on here?

Thanks!

EDIT: I think I understand it now. Does the 3.8/10 mean that there have been 10 ratings of my story that average out to 3.8? That would make sense. If anyone could confirm, that'd be great.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I just posted my first story and am a bit confused about how the rating system works. To the right of my story, it says it has a score of 4.43 (hooray!). But when I go into my personal profile section, the rating section looks different, and it says my story has a 3.8/10 (yikes!).

Can anyone clarify what's going on here?

Thanks!

EDIT: I think I understand it now. Does the 3.8/10 mean that there have been 10 ratings of my story that average out to 3.8? That would make sense. If anyone could confirm, that'd be great.

Thanks.
Yes. That's correct.

The reason you're seeing a 3.8 in one place and a 4.43 in another is that those numbers aren't all updated at the same time across the whole site, so some places will show you earlier scores and some later.

Back