Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overheard in my entry and garage as I am using my arse to lever the old fridge into place.

Him: Don't do that, it's too heavy!
Me: I have a big arse you know.
Him: No shit, but you also have a bad back!
Me: YOU JUST SAID I HAVE A BIG ARSE!

*crickets*
*I look up from said position levering fridge with arse...

Him: *Trying not to laugh*
Me: YOU DID, Fucker! *laughing*

The common quote around here is, "does this <enter object here> make my ass look big?"

It all started on a family trip, there were four of us and we were getting onto an elevator with another unknown couple. It was a small elevator, and everyone had to kind of shuffle for me to step in. Sis commented on the elevator size, to which I retorted, "what, does this elevator make your ass look big?" The guy of the other couple was choking back laughter, his girlfriend/wife didn't find the humor of the comment. Everyone else was laughing their asses off. Ever since, it's been a family favorite.:D

Oh, and there's been at least one complaint. ;)

Your not referring to that drunk loser who lashed out at you are you? That guy was just pissed because any ass, regardless of proportion or ability to jostle appliances, is a million times better that his life will ever amount to. You were just a convenient and susceptible target for his rage and self-loathing. Piss on him.

Anyone else offering up complaints best go have their eyes, or sexual orientation checked.

Good news! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!! :)
Thanks! They're only holding interviews for two afternoons next week, so I guess there won't be a ton of candidates.

I'm fairly friendly with the head of the search committee and will actually be seeing her socially at a friend's house later this week. I'm not going to bring up the job unless she mentions it first, though. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back