The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya, Slyc. How's the weather down there?

Unpredictable. We had a cold front that's finally moving on, and we're getting a few showers. It's driving the animals crazy, and since we now have five of them, that means I'm going crazy, too. :p

How's your chilly neck of the woods?

Unpredictable. We had a cold front that's finally moving on, and we're getting a few showers. It's driving the animals crazy, and since we now have five of them, that means I'm going crazy, too. :p

How's your chilly neck of the woods?

It's chilly, all right, but I finally got my garden mudded in. Nothing like digging in the muck to install plants. :rolleyes: I planted tomatoes, potatoes, zucchini, 2 different pepper varieties and plenty of herbs. I also have spinach, several varieties of lettuce and Spanish onions. We'll be eating good this year.

It's chilly, all right, but I finally got my garden mudded in. Nothing like digging in the muck to install plants. :rolleyes: I planted tomatoes, potatoes, zucchini, 2 different pepper varieties and plenty of herbs. I also have spinach, several varieties of lettuce and Spanish onions. We'll be eating good this year.

I keep wanting to plant a garden, but it would take some serious fencing in, what with the animals . . . and our daughter. Not saying it won't get done, but I have to get the motivation for it. :p

I keep wanting to plant a garden, but it would take some serious fencing in, what with the animals . . . and our daughter. Not saying it won't get done, but I have to get the motivation for it. :p

Start small. Build a simple box made of 2X10's and fill it with organic materials. Plant a few greens and a tomato plant or two. It takes about ten minutes to construct the box if you have the wood cut to length at your lumberyard. You can research the proper mix of materials, but it's pretty simple. The fencing can be attached to the box and, voila, it's done.

Start small. Build a simple box made of 2X10's and fill it with organic materials. Plant a few greens and a tomato plant or two. It takes about ten minutes to construct the box if you have the wood cut to length at your lumberyard. You can research the proper mix of materials, but it's pretty simple. The fencing can be attached to the box and, voila, it's done.

I don't think it would be quite that simple. The big dog (at only 20 pounds) can clear four feet with a standing jump, so I'd have to make the fencing pretty high and pretty durable. It's a chore I'll eventually get around to, but there's already a lot on my plate at the moment, since classes have started up again and one of them feeds into my senior project.

I don't think it would be quite that simple. The big dog (at only 20 pounds) can clear four feet with a standing jump, so I'd have to make the fencing pretty high and pretty durable. It's a chore I'll eventually get around to, but there's already a lot on my plate at the moment, since classes have started up again and one of them feeds into my senior project.

Ah, well. It was an idea. It's how I have all my gardens.

I'm off to bed. Lovely chatting with you again. Sleep sweet.

Hey guys! Is the coffee on?

Gosh, I'm sorry I missed those burgers, John.

Yay! for the rugby playing boys, Steve!

The garden sounds good, Molly. Willie, maybe you could start with just a small box on a window-ledge? For many years, I just had plant pots outside a London flat, I love my garden now.

Maybe anna and I can swap some gardening? And allergy sympathy. Mine hasn't kicked in yet this year; I found a really good nasal spray for it, I'll see if I can find the name. We must sort out that virtual Star Trek date with Shea! that would be so :cool:.

'Lo, Di!
:rose:

*Hugs* sure would love some! LOL, I saw the Lego version of the Space Needle while out shopping last week and thought of you.
:heart:

Aww, thanks. :eek: Here you go, *pours coffee, one sugar* how was Uber Stepford? Didn't get sucked into a vacuum cleaner? :rose:

Lol, a flowerbox garden would serve no purpose here. Besides, if I'm gonna do it, I'll do it right. I'll want rows with a good variety of harvestable goodies.

Willie said:
Lol, a flowerbox garden would serve no purpose here. Besides, if I'm gonna do it, I'll do it right. I'll want rows with a good variety of harvestable goodies.

Ah, a man who likes to do a job properly! :devil:
LOL, growing things is really fun for the little ones. I still remember how we planted potatoes the first year. Our garden was still one big old mess of concrete so I had to put them in gro-bags - which is hardly the thing for potatoes. When we dug them out, Piglet was absolutely thrilled. She kept saying: "We put one in and we got lots!" It was an amazing magical experience for her. We have grown flowers and veg in a haphazard way ever since, she loves it.

Aww, thanks. :eek: Here you go, *pours coffee, one sugar* how was Uber Stepford? Didn't get sucked into a vacuum cleaner? :rose:
LOL, it was hilarious. I'll post about it a bit later. I have to put away the washing up and swipe the cat off the counters and cuddle her a bit and put out dinner money and make some bacon sarnies. Bacon sarnie anyone?

LOL, growing things is really fun for the little ones. I still remember how we planted potatoes the first year. Our garden was still one big old mess of concrete so I had to put them in gro-bags - which is hardly the thing for potatoes. When we dug them out, Piglet was absolutely thrilled. She kept saying: "We put one in and we got lots!" It was an amazing magical experience for her. We have grown flowers and veg in a haphazard way ever since, she loves it.

LOL, it was hilarious. I'll post about it a bit later. I have to put away the washing up and swipe the cat off the counters and cuddle her a bit and put out dinner money and make some bacon sarnies. Bacon sarnie anyone?

Oh, and of course I have to hang out some laundry. :devil:

Mmm, you had me at "bacon". :D Shall I put on my jeans and assist? :devil: Oh, you'll be proud to hear that my study is completely clean. How long it will stay that way is another question.

Mmm, you had me at "bacon". :D Shall I put on my jeans and assist? :devil: Oh, you'll be proud to hear that my study is completely clean. How long it will stay that way is another question.

:eek: I haven't even done anything to mine for ages! I must get on with it. Piccies? :devil: Er, of the study of course. If a sliver of jeans happens to slip into the piccie, well ... these things happen and it's not always possible to crop them out <snerk>.

Yay! pop your jeans on and carry this load for me. It's a bright sunny day here in Stepford! It was even hot hot hot as I drove for 3 hours down through the roadworks yesterday :catroar:. I fear it'll be a wet summer again, LOL, it'll probably start lashing down as soon as school breaks up. :rolleyes:

My daughter would not hesitate to "help" me with a garden, but in order to make it productive, I'd have to do a lot of preliminary work. Our housing development was built on an old corn field, so the ground is crap. Just a couple of inches down, it's all clay. So I would need to build an enclosure many inches thick, fill it with the right mixture of soil and clay, then plant the rows, put up fencing to keep out the dogs and . . . .

Sheesh. Just thinking about it makes me tired. :p

My daughter would not hesitate to "help" me with a garden, but in order to make it productive, I'd have to do a lot of preliminary work. Our housing development was built on an old corn field, so the ground is crap. Just a couple of inches down, it's all clay. So I would need to build an enclosure many inches thick, fill it with the right mixture of soil and clay, then plant the rows, put up fencing to keep out the dogs and . . . .

Sheesh. Just thinking about it makes me tired. :p

I helped out my mother last weekend planting beans and tomato plants. Been so long since I did any gardening, totally out of my league. But oh well, she needed the help with her bad back and all. But it is awesome when you can make a salad with everything from your back yard.

:eek: I haven't even done anything to mine for ages! I must get on with it. Piccies? :devil: Er, of the study of course. If a sliver of jeans happens to slip into the piccie, well ... these things happen and it's not always possible to crop them out <snerk>.

Yay! pop your jeans on and carry this load for me. It's a bright sunny day here in Stepford! It was even hot hot hot as I drove for 3 hours down through the roadworks yesterday :catroar:. I fear it'll be a wet summer again, LOL, it'll probably start lashing down as soon as school breaks up. :rolleyes:

No kidding it's hot here. We tied Phoenix for hottest city in the US today. http://www.komonews.com/weather/blo...ottest-major-city-in-US-Monday-206355201.html
Yeah, piccies up soon. Of course I will resist the urge of a sexy pose in the pic, that would just dirty up the room again. :devil:

Now let me get these clothes for you. Hey, never seen this pair before. :eek:

I helped out my mother last weekend planting beans and tomato plants. Been so long since I did any gardening, totally out of my league. But oh well, she needed the help with her bad back and all. But it is awesome when you can make a salad with everything from your back yard.

Gardening is really fun, it's good to get out there and do even a little bit. Our soil is mostly clay on a layer of coal dust :eek:. I just dig it out bit by bit, a little bit at a time. I got a couple of guys in to do the initial job - cuz there really isn't anything you can do on five patches of concrete and some cigarette-butt filled gravel. People said, "Are you going to dig it out yourself?" I was like, "Are you mad?" It took the two guys a day with a pneumatic drill!

No kidding it's hot here. We tied Phoenix for hottest city in the US today. http://www.komonews.com/weather/blo...ottest-major-city-in-US-Monday-206355201.html
Yeah, piccies up soon. Of course I will resist the urge of a sexy pose in the pic, that would just dirty up the room again. :devil:
Now let me get these clothes for you. Hey, never seen this pair before. :eek:

Um, yes, try and resist putting saucy poses in your piccies. (Don't try very hard! Resistance is futile :devil:)

Oh, ha ha ha, that pair of jeans. Just something those builders left behind! :eek: Fortunately the wall is no longer letting the rain in so I suppose I won't have to call them back. Painters in next. :devil:

Weather is totally weird at the moment, isn't it? And us poor women being driven into the sex industry by global warming too :D. I joked about wishing I could be for a bit and then I thought, Hang on, I sell erotica stories! I probably am in the sex industry! A little bit of sunshine has a lot to answer for. :D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back