I've gone too far.

I'm at work and my brain is a little sluggish. Are we all pondering, Bisque-H-style? Or is going too far Bisque-H?

I do ponder a lot, and most of my posts in here tend to take the form of musings of suppositions. As for 'too far', well, I'm pretty sure that's fair too.

Too far, in my stories? Eh, not really, I think. My only excessive work to this point is The Great Khan, which is chock-full of blood, graphic violence, executions and rape. Buuuut, it's a historical piece, so I consider it true to the subject matter, even if the events and people are fictional.

Realistically, anything I write today has probably either happened, or will happen, in which case I'll be able to claim the same when the newscrew come for that crucial interview.

"Now that you're achieved critical acclaim for your treatise on the nature of reality, and the principals of morality, would you like to talk about some of your earlier pre-historical works?"

My incest stories tend to be happy ones. Why? Because I don't generally like to write sad stories. I've no doubt that the vast majority of actual incest cases in this world are miserable affairs for at least one of the parties involved, so no disrespect intended to them in writing I/T fluff.

I have one or two stories I've written but am hesitant to publish here on Lit, because I'm not sure they'd get approved and just be a waste of my time to try. Those two stories, both one-shots, probably go too far.

Eh, whaddya gonna do, right?

Let's keep pondering, Bisque-H-style. Something I'm relatively good at.

I just didn't know I'd been noticed for doing it. Didn't know it was a thing.

Among the general 'How to train your troll' and 'Why does everyone hate me' threads, absinthe-laced whimsy stands out.

This is the closest visual approximation I could find that encapsulates the bisque-h tone of a SirH thread.

giphy.gif
 
Among the general 'How to train your troll' and 'Why does everyone hate me' threads, absinthe-laced whimsy stands out.

This is the closest visual approximation I could find that encapsulates the bisque-h tone of a SirH thread.

giphy.gif

I cannot decide if I'm amused, intrigued or vaguely insulted by that gif. Lol.
 
[This content has been removed due to a copyright violation.]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a twofer...ish.

One of my stories, in the Non-Con category, is meant to portray the abuser as a real villain, not the sorta-kinda-bad-guy-who-turns-out-to-be-more-good-than-bad that the category is filled with. I had a couple commenters tell me that I took it too far, that it was too "wrong." That really amused me because, well, hello, it's a Non-Con story (lol), but I guess they decided that it cut too close to home for them.

Punching her in the face was where I would have dropped out, and I suspect that's the point you lost your audience, in what's a very well written story. I'm not suggesting you change anything, but for me as a reader, I'd drop out at that point. It's true to the non-con premise, but in a relatively realistic story, it comes as a shock. There's no hint that he's going to turn into a violent offender earlier on (that I noticed, admittedly, I was skimming).

On the other side of the coin, I wanted to go further. Since Lit requires that the victim isn't actually a victim (which I'm not complaining about; I know there are good reasons for that), I had to twist my original ending to fit it. As it's published, it turns out that the victim actually planned the whole thing, goading the abuser into assaulting her (which I kinda hate, but oh well), whereas my original conception didn't have that at all. Now that... that probably would've been going too far, but when I came up with the story, it was meant to be a tale of villainy, not of erotic fantasy.

Have you ever seen Jimmy Carr do his routine about how offensive he can be before he loses the whole audience?

There are points when I'm writing dark where I know I'll start to lose part of my audience. I'd be fascinated to see the analytics on where people drop out on those stories. But the story's well written. Very tidy. Do you write mainstream as well?
 
There are points when I'm writing dark where I know I'll start to lose part of my audience. I'd be fascinated to see the analytics on where people drop out on those stories. But the story's well written. Very tidy. Do you write mainstream as well?

That's what I like about Wattpad. It's designed so you can write stories as chapters and there's some basic analytical tools so you can look at reader involvement and demographics. So you can see where you start to lose readers (if you do).
 
That's what I like about Wattpad. It's designed so you can write stories as chapters and there's some basic analytical tools so you can look at reader involvement and demographics. So you can see where you start to lose readers (if you do).

But Chloe, *sad eyes* how the bollocking crap do you get people to read you on Wattpad?
 
But Chloe, *sad eyes* how the bollocking crap do you get people to read you on Wattpad?

Now THAT is the question the answer to which I am trying to figure out. I have three stories up there and the views are low. Very low. It's getting your stories in front of reader eyes that's the challenge there.
 
[This content has been removed due to a copyright violation.]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top