Should I upload what I've written so far to Google Drive?

JohnSm123

Loves Spam
Regarding the story I told you about the other day, I thought of uploading on Google Drive the section I've finished so far (except the names, which I'm not sure about yet; I'll leave the ones I've been using so far) and link to it here so you can tell me your opinions, then delete the file from Google Drive when I'm done getting the feedback. I don't know whether that's allowed by the mods. Does anyone know?

What does it matter what we think? I don't seek approval from other writers before I post my stories if you need an editor, theirs a forum for that.

It's a good backup plan.

Edit: Ok, to be clear. You can send the link to someone to read, but not post it here for the general community to read.

Last edited:
and link to it here so you can tell me your opinions, then delete the file from Google Drive when I'm done getting the feedback. I don't know whether that's allowed by the mods. Does anyone know?
No, the site doesn't allow links to off-site story content, unless you have content here and you're promoting a book-shop where you have books for sale.

If you want to get input from others, you need to start a thread in the Editors' Forum, asking for beta readers or editors, then make private arrangements for file sharing.

Regarding the story I told you about the other day, I thought of uploading on Google Drive the section I've finished so far (except the names, which I'm not sure about yet; I'll leave the ones I've been using so far) and link to it here so you can tell me your opinions, then delete the file from Google Drive when I'm done getting the feedback. I don't know whether that's allowed by the mods. Does anyone know?
You should put it on Google Drive and leave it there because if your hard drive crashes and you lose your local copy you'll still have a backup in the cloud.

I wouldn't do it. What if someone hacks your Google Drive, steals your story, and then accuses you of plagiarism?
That person could even insert some weird names into the story!
How will he know how I would continue that story?

BOX and DropBox are good for backups as well, also, for sharing with your editor and publisher. That's how I roll!
You should put it on Google Drive and leave it there because if your hard drive crashes and you lose your local copy you'll still have a backup in the cloud.

How about you write the story, or a chapter, and submit it for publication? The way everyone here does.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if one day John actually uploads his story and it turns out to be the most magnificent bunch of words ever written? 🤣

How will he know how I would continue that story?
Easy. A brain hack through your nostrils and you are completely screwed. In your place, I would write down the story somewhere on paper, put it in a safe, and then swallow the key. Then I would get so pissed with alcohol that I would completely forget what I had written before. That is the only way to keep your story safe.
Oh yeah, you would have to refrain from bowel movements too...

Easy. A brain hack through your nostrils and you are completely screwed.
And the remedy isn't pleasant.

tumblr_okfajjg2Dk1qmob6ro1_500.gifv

Back