Mom I’d Like to… er… Talk To

EmilyMiller

Perv of the Impverse
Hi women of Literotica,

I’m writing a story where the FMC is a forty-something mom with two kids, 6 and 8.

My recent experience of kids is only intermittent, indirect, and of a much younger child. I’ve spoken to some parents I know, but “I’m writing a sex story, can you tell me about being a mom please?” is a bit direct, even for me.

What I have written so far is a combination of vicarious experiences and, frankly, stuff picked up from TV and movies. I’m kinda worried it’s too trope-laden and unrealistic.

I’m looking for someone who is, or was, the mom of two or more children around the ages of my characters. I don’t want a beta read or anything. I just want you to tell me if I’m laying it on too thick.

I’d probably share a Google Docs file, so you have to have an email you don’t mind sharing with some internet random.

This is not a complete story, just the first 5k words or so.

Oh and it has a lesbian vibe, so you have to be OK with that.

If you are OK with this, I will of course acknowledge your help in the text.

Thanks in advance.

Em

Last edited:
"I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess."

I was reluctant to reply because, of course, you were seeking ladies with firsthand experience. As the oldest of five and - frankly - a bit of a momma's boy at the time in a dysfunctional family, I do have some insights being on the receiving end of things and observing interactions between her and my siblings. If you don't mind my taking a stab at it... PM me.

"I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess."

I was reluctant to reply because, of course, you were seeking ladies with firsthand experience. As the oldest of five and - frankly - a bit of a momma's boy at the time in a dysfunctional family, I do have some insights being on the receiving end of things and observing interactions between her and my siblings. If you don't mind my taking a stab at it... PM me.
Sure - I guess I was being a little sexist 😬.

Em

Is the mom working or staying at home? Or working from home part-time? Is she college-educated? Is her husband blue collar or white collar?

If you still need help, I'm a mother of not one or two, but three kids, so I know a little bit about being a mom to small children.

You said moms, not parents, so I have no insights to offer!

I only have one kiddo right now, but I'm about ten weeks into growing two more, but that doesn't really count as three yet, of course.

And you may not need feedback anymore, but here I go. You may want to include doubts and guilt about balancing sexual exploration/activity with spending time with the kiddos. When I had a regular girlfriend, I felt like a neglectful mother most of the times I was with my GF. And that was worse when I took him to daycare when I had my play time. It was better when he was with my Hubby, because they need time together. But I still felt a little guilty.

I only have one kiddo right now, but I'm about ten weeks into growing two more, but that doesn't really count as three yet, of course.

And you may not need feedback anymore, but here I go. You may want to include doubts and guilt about balancing sexual exploration/activity with spending time with the kiddos. When I had a regular girlfriend, I felt like a neglectful mother most of the times I was with my GF. And that was worse when I took him to daycare when I had my play time. It was better when he was with my Hubby, because they need time together. But I still felt a little guilty.
Thanks. I was thinking along those lines. The FMC experimented at college. But this is the first time she has had actual serious feelings for another woman. Some being torn in two I think.

Em

I am the only one who noticed that a 40s-something woman, having two children, six and eight, had her kids relatively late in life, and she has an enormous backstory that will affect her interactions with her kids.

You mentioned she met her husband senior year in college. How old was she when she went to college? What happened before that?

Was she trying desperately to have children and couldn't?

I could go on and on, but with an offhand age of 40-something, there is a lot more to think about.

Yes. It’s covered in the story (as those who have reviewed it will know). It’s in quite some detail. Including the conditions that led to this. It’s also part of her and her husband growing apart.

I may not be a mom, but I know people who have struggled.

Em

I am the only one who noticed that a 40s-something woman, having two children, six and eight, had her kids relatively late in life, and she has an enormous backstory that will affect her interactions with her kids.

You mentioned she met her husband senior year in college. How old was she when she went to college? What happened before that?

I could go on and on, but with an offhand age of 40-something, there is a lot more to think about.
The FMC also feels that having children late has meant her older body was less able to “bounce back” after two pregnancies, which is another theme.

I do put some thought into what I write .

Em

The FMC also feels that having children late has meant her older body was less able to “bounce back” after two pregnancies, which is another theme.

I do put some thought into what I write .

Em
Sorry. My mistake. Carry on

Back