What goes too hard for you?

Yeah, they'd be largely unable to extract a lot of vital nutrients from anything they ate, among other problems, but that would be the one that would kill them most quickly, I think.
I think if you have the technology or ability to whoosh away the poop, you can deal with gut flora issues.

The story I'm editing now involves some pretty intense neck biting in one of the sex scenes, the POV character biting the neck of her new girlfriend and increasing the intensity of her orgasms while their husband and boyfriend watch. The girlfriend then tells a story about her fuckbuddy in college that drew blood because of her "little vampire canines"
You know, there are usually vendors and random people (friend of a friend style) that sell pop on vampire teeth at conventions. They fit right over your canines. Might be something to look into for their kink.

I think if you have the technology or ability to whoosh away the poop, you can deal with gut flora issues.
A) Not necessarily, as physics and biology are both sciences but have relatively little overlap
B) Even if the culture at large does have the required knowledge, that doesn't necessarily mean the individual has the necessary equipment or expertise to implement it
C) Likewise, even having the science and training to accomplish it, they may lack human-specific biological details making it problematic to attempt safely. A veterinarian might be able to deliver your baby, but probably wouldn't be your first choice (but I'm not trying to kinkshame if that's your jam, of course ;))

I don't quite understand the question, but I'll try.

I don't think of it in terms as being "too hard" or "too far." My view is this is fiction and anything goes, as a matter of principle. As a matter of taste, there are certain things I don't care for and don't write, but I don't think of it in terms of the stuff I don't like being "too hard."

- Yes, you are playing mind games. So am I. We all play such games. They are Fair Games as defined by a noted philosopher married to a woman named Mary Sue for several decades. Please accept the reality of such games and that they aren’t always perfect or bad.
I don't get the reference. What are you referring to?

When it comes to writing kink, where are the lines between too far and not enough, as you have drawn them? Or even if you don't write kink, what do you think goes too hard? Do you ever worry you're being boring? (Consent is assumed, obviously r*pe is too far. I know someone will nitpick this and change the subject anyway, but whatever).
Nothing is too far or too hard as long as the characters want it to happen. I just transcribe their desires. I don't worry about being boring, but there are times when I'm about to submit where I think, "Are the readers going to think it's too much? Is it too unrealistic?" And then I shrug it off, submit, and move on. After all, I think most people are here for a break from reality (and some breaks are longer than others).

If I was reading something that went into real hard kinks real fast, then I'd probably be turned off. I think the harder the kink, the more intense the scene you are trying to create, the more build up you need, to show how the characters are feeling engaging in those behaviours.

I'm posting a story in the incest section that's up to chapter 8, and there has been nudity, and a little touching, but the actual full on penetrative sex is a couple more chapters away, because in this case, it's not coming from a long heart felt desire of one or other of the family members to engage in sex with another family member, but rather a situation being created around them leading to it.

If I'd written this as a bare bones story, here are some people, and oh how about you (spoilers) - you don't know how the character has gone from point A to point B, you don't know what turmoil they're feeling, what excitement, desire, confusion... Simple sex from the first time is a huge oh my god I'm really doing this! moment, but then over time becomes ubiquitous. Adding kink takes time...

My limit so far is a giant squid penetrating one FMCs anus with a tentacle, traversing her entire digestive tract, emerging from her mouth, entering the second FMC’s mouth, traversing her digestive tract the other way, emerging from her anus and penetrating the first FMC’s pussy.

To be clear, the squid is a female, lesbian, shape-shifting alien and the pinnacle of alien sex is “filling the tubes” of humans.

Kinky enough for you?

If not, it also features equine and ogre sex. Regular lesbian sex. Pregnant school girl sex. Caning. Menstruation. And a few other things.

My therapist is a busy lady.

And the main 30k word story ends with a slice of historical miscegenation / Roe vs Wade-inspired political polemic.

That’s Caputpedes for you.

Em

PS the squid also “magically” cleans and sterilizes both girls’ guts prior to the traversing. Safe sex boys and girls safe sex.

PPS the above was all consensual and everyone came.
I had to look up the story, and it's extreme, but very much consensual. And very well written, even though "you k ow how messed up beginning science fiction writers can be.'

Have made it to the stringing women like beads on a tentacle thread part yet, just having one woman penetrated anally and orally by tentacles that filled her e tire digestive tract with pseudo semen. I keep falling asleep while reading.

I suspect it's because of all the masturbation... I have a similar problem with women's beach volleyball...

Going too hard on a kink to me would be that every scene in the entire story is dedicated to that kink. As if you walked into a BDSM club and described every coupling going on.

I like stories where the sexual relationship evolves over time. Like a woman with a BDSM fetish meets Mr. SuperNiceGuy and she's unsure how to get him on board. So scenes get progressively more aggressive and rough until she finally comes clean and then he's ordering a St. Andrew's Cross on Amazon the next day. That would be the right amount of kink/fetish, in my opinion.

When it comes to writing kink, where are the lines between too far and not enough, as you have drawn them? Or even if you don't write kink, what do you think goes too hard?
I often imagine rating stories along a sex-vs-story axis, and I think the answer to this question depends on where I am on that axis.

If I'm reading (or, more recently, writing) a story that's all about the sex, then I care very much about the sex acts. I want this much of this and that much of that.

If I'm reading or writing a story that about the story, on the other hand, then I'm okay with whatever sex makes sense to tell that story. So I have some stories about the evolution of a femdom dynamic within a loving marriage with some very tame shoe worship, and I have a story about how I can't help submitting edits to my pending stories where (warning: violence) the poor schmuck gets sodomized with a curling iron and begs her not to turn it on inside of him. Just depends what I'm going for.

The flip side is that I won't read or write some stories, because I find the necessary sex acts too unpleasant (incest) or baffling (hot wives).
Do you ever worry you're being boring?
This is a weird question for me to see juxtaposed with your other questions about kinkiness because it sounds like you're imagining these static thresholds: stories with this much of this are boring, etc. Whereas for me it's all about the match between the story and the sex. Kinks that would be boring in one story might be just right for another.

I’m appalled I wrote an entire story about a women’s volleyball team being tricked into becoming hu-cows. Breeding, lactation, the whole nine yards.
Well that made for an interesting breakfast-time read ;)

Sadly, the milk in my porridge, was of the bovine variety... not from a Hu-Cow.

I am bipolar and was in a manic phase. Coming down now slowly but surely. Hopefully I’ll know better than to come in here when I’m in the dumps.
I understand, my older daughter struggles with that and when she decides she doesn't want to take her meds, she goes off the rails a bit in different ways

At least meds work for her, I hope.
For the most part. Let's put it this way, even talking to her on the phone I can tell within a couple minutes of she's off them or not, she's a different person, very scattered, goes on weird diatribes and gets exceedingly angry at the drop of a hat/

Okay, last trait could have come from me...

When it comes to writing kink, where are the lines between too far and not enough, as you have drawn them? Or even if you don't write kink, what do you think goes too hard? Do you ever worry you're being boring? (Consent is assumed, obviously r*pe is too far. I know someone will nitpick this and change the subject anyway, but whatever).

I mostly write to get stuff out of my head, but I think it's hard to cross lines when it comes to kinks. People have their kinks that I don't need to understand or approve of. And they will like it to varying degrees. There will always be someone appreciating the intensity you went for. For me, there is only one situation where it could cross a line: When it becomes fantastical to comply with LIt's rules. If you reach that point, maybe - MAYBE - you shouldn't write it at all.

Like, if you're into ballbusting, that's fine with me. But lizard people aren't real, so, if your story actually pops those testies, they're not growing back overnight for a repeat performance the following day.

Or if you're into BDSM, I'm not gonna tell you off. But understand that, if you fuck a woman with a pizza slicer, that's gonna do a lot more than just cause her pain.

Or, if you're into Cuckolding, I might worry for you, but you do you. However, if you hit the cuck with a taser and he passes out, that's because the electricity messed with his heart rhythm. So, if you then proceed to tie him to a chair instead of calling for an ambulance, you're gonna wait a long time for him to wake up so you can fuck his wife in front of him.

Or, if you're into breath play... good for you? But, everyone with a high school degree should know that unconscious people can't hold their breath. So, if you hold them underwater until they pass out, their lungs will be filled with water and they die.

This whole "suspension of disbelief" thing isn't for me. As far as I'm concerned, those fantasies go too far.

Last edited:
Thank you for the links...? o_O

Yeah, sorry about that. I just thought the whole thing would be easier to understand if it didn't seem like I pulled those examples out of my ass.

I originally wanted to include another example for that old trope of people waking up gagged and tied to a bed after being drugged, and how, in the real world, that usually ends up with a blocked wind-pipe... but I couldn't find the story anymore. Been a few years since I last saw it.

Yeah, sorry about that. I just thought the whole thing would be easier to understand if it didn't seem like I pulled those examples out of my ass.
Sorry I keep forgetting how tone doesn't come across in text. I'm glad you provided the links. As you say, your point was better made with concrete examples.

My decision to click those links... Much more questionable.

Back