Do you ever start writing and just feel silly?

It's why I have 5 or 6 stories started for every one I've finished. Silly might be too strong a word, but I'm the kind of writer that just starts writing from the merest germ of am idea, then see where it goes. Most don't, though a few of them I've come back to with fresh eyes after a year or two and saw something in it I didn't see before. The last story I posted was one of those.

It's why I have 5 or 6 stories started for every one I've finished. Silly might be too strong a word, but I'm the kind of writer that just starts writing from the merest germ of am idea, then see where it goes. Most don't, though a few of them I've come back to with fresh eyes after a year or two and saw something in it I didn't see before. The last story I posted was one of those.
All the time. I have over four dozen stories in my 'Work in Progress' folder. The longest is the story I'm currently working. It's at 24,829 words, the shortest is just a concept blurb and is only 226.
One of my favorites sat for over a year sat on the shelf for over a year before I caught that glimpse of inspiration I needed to finish it. So, yeah. Like I said, all the time.
It's not boring, though. Is It?

My work goes better if I take the time to plot it and attempt to follow the outline. Not that I can always do that.

Saw George R. R. Martin on a pod cast. He referred to this the difference between a gardener and an architect. Of course, there's no right or wrong...
That's a keeper. I'm definitely a gardner. Save the left- braining for my job.

Always. No matter what I'm trying to write. I wonder if good, professional writers feel that way?
Probably most of them do feel that way. It may seem paradoxical, but I think to be a writer you always have to have some doubts about what you are doing. It's a way to push yourself to improve and not become complacent.

I have 49 stories published so far. A fair number have the fun red "H" next to them and I get comments, all that. I know people read my writing, or at least inadvertently click on a story so I'm somehow in front of them. And I know people enjoy what I've written based on most comments and emails.

I feel like I have a dozen stories or so kind of floating around and they all feel silly now. Like, no matter what I'm doing, it's ridiculous and not worth the effort and just 'blah.' It's confusing because I feel like I've gotten better the last two years and I've taken time to write and develop and really bring characters to life with what I've submitted.

Does anyone else ever hit a wall like this? I feel like I should take a break because it all just seems so silly to me right now.
No, I'm having a great time with my erotic scribbles here on Literotica...I feel a bit silly about all the time I spend scribbling, and how I could be more productive elsewhere, but never silly about the actual writing...though I'm not too serious about it either...šŸ˜‰

Back