bfg's hideout

Yep been there and remember the movie and read the book in school. Climbed all over it and couldn't get lost.

Prefer Arthur's Seat since you get a good view of the bay.

did you take a picnic? :D

the chant of jimmy blacksmith was another great film back in the day.

and i hear pentridge has gone! :eek:

did you take a picnic? :D

the chant of jimmy blacksmith was another great film back in the day.

and i hear pentridge has gone! :eek:

Funny you say that but they do have picnic days at the rock, generated from the movie. None of that stuff when I went there.

Nope it's still there but hasn't been used in over 20 yrs. But too big a tourist attraction to get rid of it. More likely turn it into a bunch of shops, cafes and restaurants. There is a café come restaurant in Bourke St that was a jail. You can have lunch in a prison cell. The cell doors are still there. Then there is the Old Melbourne Gaol where Ned Kelly was hanged. Funny enough not many people know how to get there even though it's right in the city.

Funny you say that but they do have picnic days at the rock, generated from the movie. None of that stuff when I went there.

Nope it's still there but hasn't been used in over 20 yrs. But too big a tourist attraction to get rid of it. More likely turn it into a bunch of shops, cafes and restaurants. There is a café come restaurant in Bourke St that was a jail. You can have lunch in a prison cell. The cell doors are still there. Then there is the Old Melbourne Gaol where Ned Kelly was hanged. Funny enough not many people know how to get there even though it's right in the city.

i lived in Northcote back in the 70s. went to the high school when it was all boys. i wonder, is the Croc still around? Croxton Park Hotel. it was on the tram route from Northcote to the city. i can recall AC/DC gigging there - not hat i was old enough to go and see them! this was in Bon Scott's day, too.

it's a bit windy for the beach. and i've had a cold! *boo-hoo*

Whisky cures every thing *giggles *
Bourbon too
Hope you're feeling better. .. im feeling pretty good
Hey twinkle toes,

Yep got all my Christmas shopping done earlier in the month. Didn't leave it to doing the normal big shopping days, but picked up things as I saw them on sale so less time required at the big shopping centres. Been busy with other stuff though.

I'm the opposite. I'd like to spend a cold Christmas one year.

I usually take visitors to Melbourne to the places tourists don't know about. I've lived on both sides of the city so I know places outside of the city centre that a lot of people don't know about, even people living in Melbourne. Eventually I will be moving out of Melbourne to live down the coast but that is several years away yet.

Since we are now officially in Summer bush fires and high temps are the norm. Going to be 33C (92F) today and 36C (96F) tomorrow here in Melbourne then a storm hopefully to cool things down.

Those 'non tourist' places are usually best.

I've been drinking, so this will be short! :D

i lived in Northcote back in the 70s. went to the high school when it was all boys. i wonder, is the Croc still around? Croxton Park Hotel. it was on the tram route from Northcote to the city. i can recall AC/DC gigging there - not hat i was old enough to go and see them! this was in Bon Scott's day, too.

link to https://www.croxtonparkhotel.com.au/

So yep it's still there, however probably not as you knew it.

Ah yes Akka Dakka when they first started out. That iconic video of them on the back of a flat bed travelling down I think Swanston St. Remember that image from my high school days.

link to https://www.croxtonparkhotel.com.au/

So yep it's still there, however probably not as you knew it.

Ah yes Akka Dakka when they first started out. That iconic video of them on the back of a flat bed travelling down I think Swanston St. Remember that image from my high school days.

only went past the croc on the tram. wasn't old enough to venture inside.

and i'd have been scared! :D

Good Evening Barefoot Princess thought I stop in and wish you a Merry Xmas just in case I get to busy and dont have a chance to come back again :kiss: :rose:

Good Evening Barefoot Princess thought I stop in and wish you a Merry Xmas just in case I get to busy and dont have a chance to come back again :kiss: :rose:

Hi, Papa Joe! I know many people will be busy this coming weekend, last minute shopping and parties.
I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Hi BFG how you doing, popped in to say hi and wish you a merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Look after yourself, and have a good one.

the usual, although a different venue. just watching Thais at breakfast. They eat some disgustingly sweet shit. well, not shit, per se...

bread and condensed milk? wtf?

Really? That doesn't sound very appetizing. But, I guess it would be considered a sweet bread, right?

:rolleyes:

only went past the croc on the tram. wasn't old enough to venture inside.

and i'd have been scared! :D

Not many of the old style pubs left, most have changed into more family friendly places. Can still find some of the tough ones around Melbourne. Places you go to if you want a fight.

the usual, although a different venue. just watching Thais at breakfast. They eat some disgustingly sweet shit. well, not shit, per se...

bread and condensed milk? wtf?

You are kidding right...condensed milk on a slice of bread...remember that from my childhood.

In some poor areas that was considered a Christmas treat.

Back