bfg's hideout

Thank you for the birthday wishes! xx

Over our holiday weekend it was 80f and I was loving it! Where else can you have Thanksgiving in bare feet and a sleeveless dress? I also used it as an excuse to drink wine. Wayyyyy to much wine. But, hey... it's not like it happens all the time!

What else have you been doing while you wait for the temps to go down? If they are unseasonably high, I wonder how bad it will be two months from now. As a matter of fact, that sounds good to me. I need to book a ticket! :rose:

Hey twinkle toes :kiss:

Nope that hot humid stuff normally comes our way in Jan and Feb so getting it in Spring and in Nov was not normal in fact we broke all previous records for temps in Nov. Thankfully it has cooled off back to the normal stuff. We had lots of rain on the weekend. Basically rained for three days but not as heavy as predicted but did still cause flooding in the northern part of the state. Was still wet on Monday but now it's just cool in the low 20's C.

I was basically trying not to move too much during the hot spell. The cricket was on so watched that. I won't try to explain cricket, except to say it's a game that uses a bat and ball.

Melbourne can get into the 40's C during Summer not good if you're sitting outside at the tennis. The Aus Open in mid Jan usually gets a week of very warm temps, but Feb is usually the hotter month.

Our Christmas is usually a warm one. BBQ's and beer. In some places Santa comes in on a surf board. We still have a hot Christmas lunch, which at times seems silly considering the weather.

As for our drinking age it's like the UK, legal at 18 that doesn't mean it makes people more responsible. We have rather strict drink driving laws, no drinking whilst on your initial license or you lose it. Here in Victoria it's three years on your initial license then you get a proper one.

Any time you want to come down to Aussie land let me know and I'll show you around Melbourne. If you like to eat and shop this is the city for you. We are also the sporting capital of the country. We love our sport here.

Stopping in to say Hi to the Barefoot Princess and wish you an exciting and fun Weekend :kiss::rose:

Stopping in to say Hi to the Barefoot Princess and wish you an exciting and fun Weekend :kiss::rose:

brought some Chocolates for you;)
uh, but it looks like your busy with Xmas shopping ;)
attachment.php

You do realise that if the snow comes down we could be stranded in here for weeks :rolleyes:

Hey twinkle toes :kiss:

<snip>
Any time you want to come down to Aussie land let me know and I'll show you around Melbourne. If you like to eat and shop this is the city for you. We are also the sporting capital of the country. We love our sport here.

I hope you've been able to get most of your Christmas shopping done,. I have to admit, I'm enjoying the idea of a warm Christmas...no snow, no ice!

If I ever get my wish to visit Australia, I'll make sure to tell you so we can make plans. I want to experience it without looking like a tourist, if that makes sense. :rose:

afternoon! :D

Morning! I know... you're always ahead of me! Just have to rub it in, don't you?! :eek:

How you been? Laying on the beach or watching from a distance?

Afternoon? GA,
how's it going?

This water is ge-ge-getting cold....

I hope you've been able to get most of your Christmas shopping done,. I have to admit, I'm enjoying the idea of a warm Christmas...no snow, no ice!

If I ever get my wish to visit Australia, I'll make sure to tell you so we can make plans. I want to experience it without looking like a tourist, if that makes sense. :rose:

Hey twinkle toes,

Yep got all my Christmas shopping done earlier in the month. Didn't leave it to doing the normal big shopping days, but picked up things as I saw them on sale so less time required at the big shopping centres. Been busy with other stuff though.

I'm the opposite. I'd like to spend a cold Christmas one year.

I usually take visitors to Melbourne to the places tourists don't know about. I've lived on both sides of the city so I know places outside of the city centre that a lot of people don't know about, even people living in Melbourne. Eventually I will be moving out of Melbourne to live down the coast but that is several years away yet.

Since we are now officially in Summer bush fires and high temps are the norm. Going to be 33C (92F) today and 36C (96F) tomorrow here in Melbourne then a storm hopefully to cool things down.

Hey twinkle toes,

Yep got all my Christmas shopping done earlier in the month. Didn't leave it to doing the normal big shopping days, but picked up things as I saw them on sale so less time required at the big shopping centres. Been busy with other stuff though.

I'm the opposite. I'd like to spend a cold Christmas one year.

I usually take visitors to Melbourne to the places tourists don't know about. I've lived on both sides of the city so I know places outside of the city centre that a lot of people don't know about, even people living in Melbourne. Eventually I will be moving out of Melbourne to live down the coast but that is several years away yet.

Since we are now officially in Summer bush fires and high temps are the norm. Going to be 33C (92F) today and 36C (96F) tomorrow here in Melbourne then a storm hopefully to cool things down.

hanging rock? ;)

Back