As The Hospital Pervs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember feeling really bad for my ex when he worked in the ER especially, after a 12 hour shift of that he'd come home, strip off his (really nasty) scrubs, take a shower and collapse in bed for about 10 hours after that.

I know he hated it, because it was so emotionally draining, more so I think than taking care of all the old drug addicts and alcoholics in the gastrointestinal ward.
 
It is 0545 LHT (local hospital time) on my way in for a 'emergency cholecystectomy' that has been bothering the patient for about a month. :rolleyes: They called me at 0300am to say that the patient would be cleared for surgery at 0600. *sigh* The juggernaut continues, Tuesday can not come fast enough..no wait I work then too..ammend that to Tuesday 1530 pm can not come fast enough. :eek:
 
:devil: Come to the OR M'Dear...we have hot and cold unisex scrubs, so if you happen to be the same size as your crush you can wear the same clothes that touched him 'all over'...plus we always have cookies....the evil kind...:devil:
It is 0545 LHT (local hospital time) on my way in for a 'emergency cholecystectomy' that has been bothering the patient for about a month. :rolleyes: They called me at 0300am to say that the patient would be cleared for surgery at 0600. *sigh* The juggernaut continues, Tuesday can not come fast enough..no wait I work then too..ammend that to Tuesday 1530 pm can not come fast enough. :eek:
Yum cookies. And scrubs that have touched him all over, all over my body:kiss: mentally hot! Yeah, it is always the middle of the night right? I think I would like the "controlled" environment for a while. I will wait till I run out of energy for chaos. :) Then the "call".... :( Gah, I am going to use my skills to speed the clock to Tuesday 1530 baby. My days of working even 3 in a row are over. I refuse to live at the H anymore.


I remember feeling really bad for my ex when he worked in the ER especially, after a 12 hour shift of that he'd come home, strip off his (really nasty) scrubs, take a shower and collapse in bed for about 10 hours after that.

I know he hated it, because it was so emotionally draining, more so I think than taking care of all the old drug addicts and alcoholics in the gastrointestinal ward.
awww I am sure you took good care of him. Nursing ER, OR, ICU or the floors, it is all emotionally, physically and mentally draining. I know after 12 hours of adrenaline I am flying high, I eventually drop though and then feel a kind of sad feeling, like wow, I was so great. I made everyone happy and better and now what? I saved a life, but here I am nothing. It is weird. It is one of those things though, I can't imagine giving up. I love my job, I even feed off of it. I am at the point though, where I realize I am more than a nurse. I am still cultivating that in myself.
 
No Fresh Flower

ICU-Intensive Care Unit
No Fresh Flowers Allowed.
Respiratory thing. I am not a fresh flower so I will make my way up that clinical ladder shortly. I belong there. They all want me up there too.
I made this drawing. :eek:
attachment.php
 
:rose: I have a secret admirer. Now I am guessing it can only be 1 of 3 people that left me a rose on my car. Who is it?
1. The nursing student I tutored that used to stalk me who now texts "I hate you" messages to my phone?
2. The ex a truck driver, who also texts "I hate you" messages to my phone?
3. The surfer/writer/engineer I just "re-met" on Sunday who does not text anything?

It is not bought. It looks cut from a yard. None of them have rose bushes.
How will I ever know? :confused:
 
:rose: I have a secret admirer. Now I am guessing it can only be 1 of 3 people that left me a rose on my car. Who is it?
1. The nursing student I tutored that used to stalk me who now texts "I hate you" messages to my phone?
2. The ex a truck driver, who also texts "I hate you" messages to my phone?
3. The surfer/writer/engineer I just "re-met" on Sunday who does not text anything?

It is not bought. It looks cut from a yard. None of them have rose bushes.
How will I ever know? :confused:

I am sure there are more than ONE admirers, secret or otherwise. It is 2030 LHT...was due off at 1530 but worked til 30 minutes ago. I think MY secret admirer is the paymaster at work...he seems to want me to be able to pay off my car with one single check...total time worked for this payperiod...108 hours not including hours on call LOL :eek: woo hoo...and the Goverment will take half .... oh well I keep repeating my mantra..I love my job..I love my job...I love my job....
 
I am sure there are more than ONE admirers, secret or otherwise. It is 2030 LHT...was due off at 1530 but worked til 30 minutes ago. I think MY secret admirer is the paymaster at work...he seems to want me to be able to pay off my car with one single check...total time worked for this payperiod...108 hours not including hours on call LOL :eek: woo hoo...and the Goverment will take half .... oh well I keep repeating my mantra..I love my job..I love my job...I love my job....
#3! I found out.
woo woo it is 2255 LHT and I just finished, at the H hang out after work place. Yeah after a certain amount of hours, the overtime goes somewhere else! It becomes a labor of love when the supervisor calls for those extra shifts.
That is a lot of hours Lady plus call! Pay off that car! :)
The census is climbing high again, here comes what I call: flu, pneumonia, CHF, COPD, AFIB season, Sepsis season. The revolving door season.
Little septic patient has a positive pneumonia with something we always test for but usually comes back negative....
Janey: You know this patient is positive for this rare pneumonia?
Pulmonary: I am already on it Janey, I suspected it yesterday and started the appropriate antibiotics. Look up the sensitivity. I got this.
Janey: wow, great. <looks up the sensitivity> Fuck Yeah!

i love my job. i love my job. i got your back Lady.
 
Trust

Background: At shift change the nursing station is super loud: double the nurses, double the aides, a few straggling doctors, and a bunch of students. Nurse Janey is speed charting waiting for her night relief, after a long busy shift.

Family member standing at the nurse’s station looking desperate. No one looks up; everyone is trying to sign off. Damn, I can’t help it….I shyly look up.

Nurse Janey: Can I help you Miss?
Family Member: I was looking for eye contact but did not expect those pretty eyes.
Nurse Janey: I wear mascara.
Family Member: It is not the mascara.
Nurse Janey: What can I do for you?
Family Member: My brother has not had dinner yet, is he allowed to have food?
Nurse Janey: Well, who is your brother and I will look it up for you.
Family Member: His name is Mr. Jones in room number two.
Nurse Janey: <looks it up in the computer> Yes, he can eat. Let me find out from his nurse, why he has not received his dinner tray.
Family Member: Oh, thank you.
Nurse Janey: No problem of course.

We are saving lives up in here, but most times it is the little things that count. Develop trust for when the big things count.
Life.
 
Rockstar Cardio MD.
I am standing next to him clarifying super duper orders for Amiodarone and Cardioversion. He says: Let's shock this heart back to a normal rhythm. I say: You are a rockstar. Nurse A says: I bet you never knew you were a rockstar. He says: This is great, I have meaning to my boring life. I say: You are the electrician and I am your apprentice. He says: You glow. I say: You rock.
 
Last edited:
Dear Pharmer

I need the 1800 hours Lasix 80mg intravenous push medication for the heart failure patient.
Standing in the medication room in front of the drug dispensing candy machine, the Lasix is shaded in gray. This means that the drug is not loaded into the machine.
I go to the other machine. It is not loaded there either.
The room is full, all the nurses want access to the drugs.
"What the fuck." I mumble under my breath. "I am sick of this shit."
I get on the phone with my best voice to the pharmacist.
"Hello this is Janey, RN. Where is the Lasix?"
I want to say: "Gimme the fucking Lasix."
The pharm boy replies:"Janey, Janey, there is a shortage of intravenous Lasix, can you call and get it switched to oral medication."
I want to say: "No, I can not fucking do that right now. I am busy, the patient needs it, gimme the fucking drugs."
I say: "Dear Pharmer, that is not possible at this moment. My patient is sick, my patient has swelling everywhere, my patient has rales in the lungs, my patient is short of breath, my patient needs intravenous Lasix as ordered by the cardiologist attending. May I pick it up at your window in five minutes?"
The Pharmer says: "If you stand by the magic bullet, I will send you a few precious vials, but I warn you, I only have Lasix intravenous in 20mg vials, is that ok?"
I say: "I am happy with any way you can dispense it."
I stand by the magic bullet and here comes the drugs. beep beep beep.
There is a little note: please send the magic bullet back to the pharmacy for future use.
I pluck a little flower off an arrangement at the desk, put it in the bullet with a little note that says: PCU Nurses Rock: A flower for you Pharmer and a returned bullet.

Two minutes later, I hear: beep beep beep here comes the bullet!
More drugs and more notes. More and more notes and drug exchanges.
Then the Pharmer calls and wants to know from the unit clerk: who is sending these notes?
Janey RN, of course. :rose:

Those tube systems with magic bullets amaze me. I still can't figure out how they work, but I really like to play with them.
 
I do so love your stories, Nurse. :kiss:

Another delightful tale.
 
The H is full of Perv today. I am busy and I twitch my ass up and down the hallway. It is good exercise.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top