Is it common to not remember what happened while in a submissive head-space?

Archiert

Virgin
Joined
Dec 22, 2016
Posts
4
I've been a submissive for quite a while now (years on and off), but recently I've met someone online who I really trust and connect with. Emotions run quite high when we play, and it's made me realize how poor the standard of dominants I've spoken to in the past has been.

Anyway, sometimes I'll get into an extremely submissive head-space with her to the point where I feel like I'll do whatever they want and have no real regard for the consequences. She couldn't be better at dealing with me like this, and even if I'm begging to do something for her, if it's not something I've previously discussed with her, she won't allow it.

I've not had feelings this intense before, and it's all a little confusing. There's been at least 2 occasions I can name off the top of my head where I had absolutely no memory of what happened a while after I was like this. Once I was prompted, I could remember the main events of what happened, but still can't recall some of the things she told me happened, or things she told me I said.

I was wondering how common this kind of thing is, or if it's something I should be concerned about
 
Not sure if i am the right person to comment on this .
Sounds like you have found someone that you connect with and sounds like she is a good dom.

May i ask how long these blank periods are?
The mind is a funny thing and likes itself a lot. Sometimes it does not like to be fooled and rejects things. Mine will do this is some instances but only for very short periods of about a minute, no more.

Does this sound like your problem?
 
Subspace affects everyone differently and I've heard of people who almost go into a trance like state. In my case I tend to remember most of what happens but if I'm deep in subspace then I'm unable to talk for a little while. It is for those reasons why it's so important to have a Dom/Domme that you trust and cares for you to keep you safe.

If losing track of things is something that concerns you then make sure you talk to your partner to make sure that She knows what is going on in your mind as you dip into that blissful space. Good luck exploring what appears to be a beautiful relationship.
 
I've has submissives who were often fuzzy about what happened while they were under. Few who forgot completely though. It's not unheard of, but definitely something to be aware of, and something that you MUST tell your partners about.
 
May i ask how long these blank periods are?

I couldn't give you an exact time, but I know the first time was at least an hour or two. Fairly big chunks of memory. I'm sure there I have smaller blank periods, but I just put those down as me having quite a bad memory sometimes.

I'm glad to hear helpful responses from people. Thanks so much. I have let her know about these kind of blackouts, and I think she knows when I get into a really deep subspace like that. Next time we decide to have a scene, I think I'll just ask her to remind me what happened soon after if I go really deep. It's very obvious afterwards, because I turn into a bit of an emotional wreck
 
Last edited:
Some would say you have reached the apex of a Dom/sub encounter...

I struggle to imagine how I could have a more intense experience than I was at one of these times.

Got to the point I had no real regard for repercussions of what I was doing, or what I wanted. I was saying I'd get tattoos, piercings, even nearly asked a friend let me service them, all of which I have very little / no inclination to do, just because I knew they were things she'd want from me.
 
Last edited:
Just looking out for you as a person, not to post baseless aspersions on your Dom..Are you sure you did and said what they said you did? Can you look back maybe some way and confirm it, or try to do so the next time it happens?
What you say about doing things you normally wouldn't (*semi serious things I'd say), and how you're an emotional "wreck" afterwards makes me wonder if perhaps.. You're dipping into a part of your psyche that is affecting an aspect of your mental health--not too different a response that you would get with drudgung up past events for someone with ptsd or disassociative disorder?
 
For me, it's not like I lose time exactly, it's more like the details get fuzzy. I would not want to be held responsible to recall precise conversation or even the sequence of an encounter once I enter sub space. It's not exactly a trance, more like my brain gets so overwhelmed with sensation that the experience is not able to convert from short to long term memory. Once prompted to recall, some things do come back, but it is not that *crystal* memory that I have all the rest of the time if that makes any sense.
 
What you say about doing things you normally wouldn't (*semi serious things I'd say), and how you're an emotional "wreck" afterwards makes me wonder if perhaps.. You're dipping into a part of your psyche that is affecting an aspect of your mental health--not too different a response that you would get with drudgung up past events for someone with ptsd or disassociative disorder?

I feel like you're probably right with at least the emotions side. I didn't quite realise how much time I was consuming with aftercare until just now when they told me.

I've had a lot of awful dominants in the past and from a number of years ago, and I feel like some of what happened is causing that. Without knowing exactly why I'm getting in these states, I don't really see how I can fix it.
 
For me, it's not like I lose time exactly, it's more like the details get fuzzy. I would not want to be held responsible to recall precise conversation or even the sequence of an encounter once I enter sub space. It's not exactly a trance, more like my brain gets so overwhelmed with sensation that the experience is not able to convert from short to long term memory. Once prompted to recall, some things do come back, but it is not that *crystal* memory that I have all the rest of the time if that makes any sense.

This is exactly what my submissives have described to me - although, if anything, phrased much more elegantly. Total amnesia is probably a rare thing, but it's common enough to be fuzzy about what exactly happened in what order after coming back out of subspace.
 
Back
Top