The Official Author's Hangout Valentine's Day 2013 Contest Support Thread

Welcome to The Official Author's Hangout Valentine's Day 2013 Contest Support Thread.

Beware of fake contests.

Contest analysis - Valentine's Day Contest 2013

Good evening. The cards tell me that there are 32 stories in the competition to date, with an average score of 4.19 from an average of 282 votes. Stories had an average of 16,354 views, an average of 6 favorites, and an average of 10 comments. The average ratio of votes to views is 1.72%. The average number of pages is 3.1, with the longest story being 7 pages.

So far there have been a total of 8,477 votes, 523,331 views, 217 favorites and 348 comments.

The standard deviation of scores (from the average of 4.19) is 0.57 and the standard deviation of votes (from the average of 282) is 297. The median score is 4.33, the median number of votes is 137 and the median number of pages is 3. The top 25% of scores are 4.55 or above and the bottom 25% of scores are 3.90 or below.

Categories entered (alphabetic order)

• Anal (2 stories)
  • BDSM (1 story)
  • Erotic Couplings (3 stories)
  • Fetish (1 story)
  • First Time (2 stories)
  • Gay Male (2 stories)
  • Incest/Taboo (5 stories)
  • Loving Wives (4 stories)
  • NonHuman (1 story)
  • Novels and Novellas (2 stories)
  • Romance (8 stories)
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy (1 story)

New stories today

Authors entered so far are:

BenLong, BrettJ, carlieplum, DG Hear (2), geronimo_appleby (2), glynndah, HeyAll, Ironiclaconic, JagFarlane, luvthedesserts (2), msgrant67, MSTarot, nicerack, OctavianEarth, qingming, RedHairedandFriendly, RjThoughts, sexnovella, silkstockingslover, sirhugs, sr71plt (2), SusanJillParker, sweet_lusciousdesire, Totzman, Transverse, Tx Tall Tales, xelliebabex, YDB95

Disclaimer

Because of the way this site works these figures will not be totally up-to-date. For a given story the score shown on the category page, the author's page, and the toplists page, can all be different. Also it appears that various pages update at different times of the day, sometimes quite infrequently.

Please do not PM me asking for more detailed information. I do not wish to skew contest results by giving a target for voting manipulation.

Contest page: Valentine's Day Contest 2013

aussie alt math - talk about some meaningless numbers!

[size=+2]ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.)[/size]

right-lingerie.jpg

For information and support of the A.I.R.

2013 :heart: Valentines Day :heart: Contest

[size=+2](recently voted #1 erotic story contest) please go here:[/size]

the Authors’ Hangout LITEROTICA/A.I.R. 2012-2015 Themed Contests Support Thread…

Still the Number 1 Support Thread…

or you can go into the archives and access its predecessor:

Congrats to the ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS “Special Contest” AWARD WINNERS

Thank you…

Talk about a fake contest and you are talking meaningless numbers that you pull out of your ass. :D

Beware of fake contests like the crap above.

Let's get this thread back on top

Nice, sun_sea_sky. I like the list of stories just added.

Hi Transverse
Didn't realize your new story was part of the Valentine's Day Contest until I saw sun_sea_sky's posting with the New Stories list. I agree that's a great feature. Anyway, I liked the story, and I'll be back to leave a comment (already voted). Welcome back and I hope this means more stories from you.

Oh and neat work on the Contest analysis as always, Sun. We should all be grateful that you do this for us.

Hi Transverse
Didn't realize your new story was part of the Valentine's Day Contest until I saw sun_sea_sky's posting with the New Stories list. I agree that's a great feature. Anyway, I liked the story, and I'll be back to leave a comment (already voted). Welcome back and I hope this means more stories from you.

Oh and neat work on the Contest analysis as always, Sun. We should all be grateful that you do this for us.

I know I am, look forwards to it each afternoon. Just kind of fun to see the breakdown.

I'm pretty much out of this one. I did have a bunny-a brother/sister romance-but the muse kicked it to the side and I'm blazing through a lesbian story about a witch and her coven. Oh, well maybe I can bank that one for Halloween. :rolleyes:

I could use a few more reads and comments on my story. That one little comment is getting a bit lonely. It's quite short, just one page and an additional paragraph.

Kissing the Ghost

Silly, goofy me nearly missed remembering it was time for the first contest submission of the new year! After considering an incest or fetish story, I opted for a transsexual story. Hopefully, if I have any fans, it will appeal to them. Otherwise, good luck everyone!

Silly, goofy me nearly missed remembering it was time for the first contest submission of the new year! After considering an incest or fetish story, I opted for a transsexual story. Hopefully, if I have any fans, it will appeal to them. Otherwise, good luck everyone!

can't help but wonder what would happen if the Duckman wrote the same tale just modified for three genres....

Contest analysis - Valentine's Day Contest 2013

Good evening. Another reality tells me that there are 32 stories in the competition to date, with an average score of 4.21 from an average of 293 votes. Stories had an average of 18,105 views, an average of 7 favorites, and an average of 11 comments. The average ratio of votes to views is 1.75%. The average number of pages is 3.1, with the longest story being 7 pages.

So far there have been a total of 9,394 votes, 579,375 views, 231 favorites and 370 comments.

The standard deviation of scores (from the average of 4.21) is 0.56 and the standard deviation of votes (from the average of 293) is 297. The median score is 4.41, the median number of votes is 145 and the median number of pages is 3. The top 25% of scores are 4.55 or above and the bottom 25% of scores are 3.98 or below.

Categories entered (alphabetic order)

• Anal (2 stories)
  • BDSM (1 story)
  • Erotic Couplings (3 stories)
  • Fetish (1 story)
  • First Time (2 stories)
  • Gay Male (2 stories)
  • Incest/Taboo (5 stories)
  • Loving Wives (4 stories)
  • NonHuman (1 story)
  • Novels and Novellas (2 stories)
  • Romance (8 stories)
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy (1 story)

New stories today: None

Authors entered so far are:

BenLong, BrettJ, carlieplum, DG Hear (2), geronimo_appleby (2), glynndah, HeyAll, Ironiclaconic, JagFarlane, luvthedesserts (2), msgrant67, MSTarot, nicerack, OctavianEarth, qingming, RedHairedandFriendly, RjThoughts, sexnovella, silkstockingslover, sirhugs, sr71plt (2), SusanJillParker, sweet_lusciousdesire, Totzman, Transverse, Tx Tall Tales, xelliebabex, YDB95

Disclaimer

Because of the way this site works these figures will not be totally up-to-date. For a given story the score shown on the category page, the author's page, and the toplists page, can all be different. Also it appears that various pages update at different times of the day, sometimes quite infrequently.

Please do not PM me asking for more detailed information. I do not wish to skew contest results by giving a target for voting manipulation.

Contest page: Valentine's Day Contest 2013

can't help but wonder what would happen if the Duckman wrote the same tale just modified for three genres....

Probably not much. All my stories read the same. :(

That said, the pending approval story does include a "kitchen sink" approach. A beautiful woman who meets a cumslut, receives her first anal and has a threeway with her cumslut boyfriend and his tranny girlfriend. Now, if only I had the common sense to make two of the characters brother and sister. DAMN! :D

Probably not much. All my stories read the same. :(

That said, the pending approval story does include a "kitchen sink" approach. A beautiful woman who meets a cumslut, receives her first anal and has a threeway with her cumslut boyfriend and his tranny girlfriend. Now, if only I had the common sense to make two of the characters brother and sister. DAMN! :D

say it on three...

one...
two....
three....... SEQUEL!!!!!

Hi Transverse

Thanks. I might do a second entry into the contest; something short, like one-scene. This entry was written a while back, and I want to write something new, lol.

Random grumble bump

New stories today: None

WTF - no new stories ?!
Come on you guys and gals, get writing ;)
Or is Laurel taking a day off?

Nah, only joking - I couldn't do a Valentine's Day Contest story myself, so I'm suitably impressed with anyone who makes the effort. And I'm sure we'll have lots more stories soon.

Greetings from a snow covered Denmark

WTF - no new stories ?!
Come on you guys and gals, get writing ;)
Or is Laurel taking a day off?

Nah, only joking - I couldn't do a Valentine's Day Contest story myself, so I'm suitably impressed with anyone who makes the effort. And I'm sure we'll have lots more stories soon.

Greetings from a snow covered Denmark

Don't expect much from me. My fickle Muse is all over the place as of late but not much of it hits my Valentine Day stories. :rolleyes:

Back