Pictures of nipple clamps

SimonBrooke

Literotica Guru
Joined
Mar 5, 2005
Posts
1,139
There's an excellent thread running called 'Pictures of collars', and in it I've found some beautiful collars I wasn't aware of before.

Just now I'm looking for a pair of really nice nipple clamps as a present for a friend. I want them nice enough almost to be jewellery - objects of beauty in their own right (but also, of course, practical and effective). But all the ones I can find look cheap and tacky...

Has anyone got some really nice ones? Any pointers to where to get them?
 
Ah, nipple clamps! A subject dear to my, er, heart. ;)

It depends on what your friend's taste in jewelry is. The sort of jewelry whose beauty comes from delicate fillagree is fairly hard to come by, whereas the chunky, shiny look, the brightly colored look, and the whimsical look are all a lot easier to find.

I actually think that Japanese clover clamps, which I'm sure you've seen, are quite pretty (pic for those who haven't)

cloverclamp.jpg



Then there are those kinds of nipple jewelry that can be added to clamps, to make a utilitarian clamp more decorative, such as those snowflake-shaped things (officially called "nipple shields," even though they do nothing of the sort!)

nippleshield.jpg



Also in the "just jewelry, not intended to DO anything" department:

nipplecuffs.jpg



Some places try to make utilitarian clips more attractive by adding a lot of chains: http://www.stockroom.com/The-Triple-Titilizer-P600.aspx.

Or by beading the chain. The clamps themselves are still ugly, though:
beadedchain.jpg


There are people who add pretty and delicate beads to chunky black clothespins, which to my mind is the worst of both worlds, not the best, but some people must like them or they wouldn't sell them:
beadedclothepin.jpg



I usually like jewelry that's more delicate-looking than this, but these are prettier than your average nipple clamp, though not (to my mind, at least) as pretty as clover clamps:

chromepins-1.jpg



I've never seen ones like these in real life before; they look to me sort of like the arms you'd see on a robot in a movie. In spite of the robot-arm look, I think they're kind of pretty:

brassclamps.jpg
 
Last edited:
Nipple clamps tend to make me a little squeamish, but these are really nice.
 
You could also look at making your own with a basic set of clamps?

You have the personal touch then, plus exactly what you want.

I'm now pondering some metallic beads, with her initial in the middle, or similiar.

:)
 
I have Japanese Clover Clamps. As serendipitous2 said, the pleasure/pain can be extremely intense. :)

There are lots of pretty looking clamps out there. I know the majority run to metal - silver with generic chain links, but there is some prettier stuff out there.

I think these are pretty:

PY1011BLK.jpg


Maybe it's the idea of the bell that does it for me *shrugs* :eek:

They are from: http://www.discreet-romance.com/

Not exactly a site specifically geared towards BDSM, but they have some pretty things.
 
I have Japanese Clover Clamps. As serendipitous2 said, the pleasure/pain can be extremely intense. :)

I've never used these, but looking at the photos may try them.

I think these are pretty:

PY1011BLK.jpg


Maybe it's the idea of the bell that does it for me *shrugs* :eek:

Pull the other one, it has bells on ;-)

I can see the attraction. If your body is moved vigorously, the bells will ring, and there are plenty of ways to make a woman's body jerk or shake...
 
I have/wear the Japanese clover clamps that Corylea mentioned.
We've posted this picture in other threads but here you go.
http://forum.literotica.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=947988&d=1250054598

Yes, I've commented on that picture elsewhere. Paul is a very lucky man. But I also like the clamps!

I have Japanese Clover Clamps. As serendipitous2 said, the pleasure/pain can be extremely intense. :)

That sounds like che clover ones are getting quite a lot of votes!

I think these are pretty:

PY1011BLK.jpg


Maybe it's the idea of the bell that does it for me *shrugs* :eek:

Yes, making a woman's body jerk and shudder so that the bells chime has a... a certain charm to it, I think.
 
Clover Clamps

Japanese clover clamps were made for sewing, to hold the fabric firmly in place. Since your average piece of fabric is less bulky than your average nipple, you can guess how tight they are. ;)

Most nipple clamps are adjustable, but clover clamps aren't. Well, you can pull on the chain to make them tighter, but that's not what most people mean by "adjustable." :D This non-adjustability has its good points and bad points:

There isn't a great deal of fiddling involved in putting clover clamps on a person -- squeeze to open, release to close, and it's on. If you're used to fiddling with tiny screws, clover clamps can be quite a breath of fresh air. The problem with the non-adjustability, though, is that even if all bottoms had exactly the same pain tolerance, they don't all have exactly the same size nipples. My nipples were a lot smaller twenty years ago than they are now. Twenty years ago, if I was properly warmed up, clover clamps were deliciously painful. Nowadays, I have to be very, very warmed up for clover clamps to be anything other than "well, I can do this if you really, really want it, but I'm not having a good time."

The bottom can't plead for clover clamps to be loosened, which may be a plus or a minus, depending on how you play. The top can't take pity on the bottom and make them looser, which may be a plus or a minus, depending on if the top has trouble allowing themselves to inflict as much pain as s/he would like.

Another nice thing about clover clamps is that the part that actually contacts the skin is a round surface about the size of a pencil eraser. Lots of other nipple clamps -- those made for the purpose and those repurposed from other activities, such as clothespins -- have a small or irregularly-shaped contact area, which makes it a lot more difficult for the top to know exactly where the pressing is taking place. I'm not saying this is dangerous or anything, but if you want to play your bottom like a violin, it helps to have a precision bow and not just a stick of wood. ;)

As with all nipple clamps, clover clamps hurt more if they're on the very tip of the nipple than they do if they're more or less behind the nipple, more on the areola. If you're a pure top and have never experienced clamps for yourself, you wouldn't believe how much difference a millimeter makes! Seriously. (Actually, I think no top should use a nipple clamp that s/he hasn't tried out, even if for only ten seconds. Experiencing other things that you intend to do to someone else can sometimes be difficult, but your nipples are pretty darned handy, and testing a clamp on them doesn't require the cooperation or assistance of another person.)

The enormous difference in sensation produced by even tiny differences in placement is especially important to bear in mind when using non-adjustable clamps, like clovers. If your bottom seems as if s/he can't handle clover clamps, move them back, in the direction of the chest wall. If they seem like they're whistling and twiddling their thumbs, well, there's pulling on the chain or hanging weights from them and all that, but there's also just moving them forward, towards the tip of the nipple. Of course, this advice is handier if your bottom is a woman than if he's a man, since most men have a lot less room for moving clamps around.

Most people find that nipple clamps hurt a lot more if their nipples are pointed towards the floor -- such as by being on hands and knees -- than if their nipples are horizontal. This is true for any kind of nipple clamp, but since clover clamps tend to be tighter and more painful than other clamps, it takes on special significance when using them. Similarly, the fact that clamps tend to hurt the most when they come off is something that applies to any clamp that's been applied tightly enough to block a portion of blood flow to the nipple, but the super tightness of clover clamps makes this especially relevant to them.

Most clover clamps are sold in the silver color that the metal is, but you can find them spray-painted black, too, for those who don't want any toy that isn't black. :D

*sigh* Damn. Now I wish my wonderful girlfriend and her wonderful hurt-them-enough-and-she-comes nipples were coming over tonight and not two weeks from now!
 
You can find interesting and inexpensive things to pass for nipple clamps at a place like Home Depot. Or Dom Depot as it is sometimes called.
 
You can find interesting and inexpensive things to pass for nipple clamps at a place like Home Depot. Or Dom Depot as it is sometimes called.

You can indeed. The OP wanted something lovely enough to be jewelry, though, and in my experience, items from Home Depot tend to be far more functional than decorative. ;) Have you found anything resembling pretty nipple clamps there? If so, please share the particulars!
 
For the absolute beginner/scaredy-cat, clip-on earrings like my Great Aunt Dora used to wear back in the 60s and 70s might fit the bill ;)

Me, I think clover clamps looks stupendous on the ends of my norks. Just wish I could tolerate them for more than a millisecond.
 
Ah, nipple clamps! .....

I've never seen ones like these in real life before; they look to me sort of like the arms you'd see on a robot in a movie. In spite of the robot-arm look, I think they're kind of pretty:

brassclamps.jpg

I actually have seen those in real life. You can precisely control the exact amount of pressure (unlike the clover clamps) since the black barrel is a finely threaded brass tube. Turn the black barrel to change the pressure Very well made with some noticeable weight to them from the brass construction. Tugging does not directly change the pressure on this style.

We were shopping for a replacement because "the most popular alligator-style" clamps kept falling off. Nuts.

Because we were buying several toys within a couple of days the clover clamps fit in the shopping budget, so that's what she wears now.

These brass ones might find their way into a gift box at some point as a nice upgrade/alternative. $57.

Saw them in the showroom here:
http://www.stockroom.com/Deluxe-Adj-Nipple-Clamps-P582.aspx
 
I actually have seen those in real life. You can precisely control the exact amount of pressure (unlike the clover clamps) since the black barrel is a finely threaded brass tube. Turn the black barrel to change the pressure Very well made with some noticeable weight to them from the brass construction. Tugging does not directly change the pressure on this style.

Saw them in the showroom here:
http://www.stockroom.com/Deluxe-Adj-Nipple-Clamps-P582.aspx

Now those are nice. We might have a winner.
 
.... They look very nice, but at three times the cost of clover clamps, they'd better be!

I'd say the all-brass construction quality is at least three times higher than the clover lamps. Rather jewel like in the feel of the fine adjustment.
 
I'd say the all-brass construction quality is at least three times higher than the clover lamps. Rather jewel like in the feel of the fine adjustment.

How far open do they go? My most frequent playmate has nice, fat nipples, and while they're gorgeous and juicy and delicious, they also defeat many clamps made for the smaller-nippled crowd.
 
How far open do they go? My most frequent playmate has nice, fat nipples, and while they're gorgeous and juicy and delicious, they also defeat many clamps made for the smaller-nippled crowd.

Nuts. I didn't think to check that. They open wide enough to take care of my pets lovely fat nipples. I was even there today to pick up a new toy for serendipitous2. (She's going to be SO VERY happy tomorrow)

Quite wide, but if you call the store they can measure the span for you. The display sample is in the glass case to the right of the cash register.
 
Last edited:
Just wanted to share.
It's not my body, but it does resonate with my ethnic background.


View attachment 951353

My Dom just gave me my first set of nipple clamps and I love them. Hadn't used them before, me being new to real life submission as opposed to online only, but oh god....they are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Think I could become a clamp addict!! Thank you Master xx
 
In the "everyone's different" category, I have found clover clamps tolerable to a point and the tweezer clamps that most people find less painful to be intolerable completely.

I guess I need diffuse pressure. I've yet to encounter a bottom who agreed with me on this, but if someone did I'd get it, where a lot of people respond to my assertion that I'm just trying to play tough or something.
 
Back
Top