Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saved $40 at the Target between coupons, and sales combined. And I got two $5 gift cards back. . . and the stuff was even things that we need and will use. I had to do the "I'm an awesome shopper" dance of joy. :cool:

It takes so little to make me happy.

That definitely warrants a booty shake. :D

I LOVE a bargain - 'specially when it's on stuff I actually want or need.
 
After a really crappy week, I'm so ready for. . .

wait for it. . .

Spring. Fucking. Break.

I'm not even going anywhere, and I still have to get up early to get my kidlets off to school, but I don't have to go to work. w00t! :cool:
 
Catch-22

Well, not the book. It's a good book, though. And a good movie.

So when someone tells you this:

I deleted your email without reading it
Seriously, grow up. You don't always get to have the last word, no matter how pompous you are.

...and the email mentioned includes an apology for upsetting the person inside of 3 individual exchanges (almost a record for me)... *shrug*

It turned a philosophical train of thought for written communication in my mind.

Would you give up the last word if there was a chance it were an apology? Would it occur to you it might be?

You'd have to be willing to read the last word instead of sticking the figurative fingers in your ears, and face the unpleasant fact that it would potentially continue the back-and-forth longer. And maybe you'd read something you wish you hadn't.

It's a conundrum.
 
"My mother hadn't had a hot meal for herself in 15 years."


Yeah - it's been that kind of week.
 
Good movie, though. :) Hope your frenzied week ends with some nice, relaxing, you-time. And a hot meal....delicious and cooked by someone other than you.

Thanks, J. Spring break starts this week, so no slow down there. But we go out to lunch on Sundays, so at least that's one meal I won't have to cook. And with any luck, I'll actually get to finish it while it's still hot! :D
 
Sorry for everyone's bad week. This was spring break week for us so wife was happy.

My week was wonderful for one. Sent the wife off to St. Louis to spend a couple of days with her cousin. The doctors took away one of my medications and it seems to have solved a very painful and massive foot, ankle, and leg swelling condition I've been dealing with for six months. *fingers crossed*

Let my wife go shopping with a friend Friday, took her to dinner, and was surprised with "dessert" in bed.:D

I decree we need more spring breaks every year, since my wife is a teacher and we are empty nesters this year and from now on. *again fingers crossed*
 
Ok I give up Im going to whine.. I'm hungry, my legs hurt.. I'm bored.. THIS SUCKS!!!!
 
Spring break is almost over.

Whatcha talkin' 'bout, Willis? It's just getting started over here. ;)

I've been out in the shop all afternoon and my back and legs are feeling it!

I haven't been in the shop, but I did marathon cleaning all day. That way, I can play hooky from the housework while the kids are on break and not feel guilty about it. :rolleyes::eek:

And yeah - my back is yelling at me right about now.
 
Whatcha talkin' 'bout, Willis? It's just getting started over here. ;)
:p

My girls are off from April 2-6. I wish our spring breaks could have been the same.

ETA: I did the marathon cleaning today, too, but it's because I'm hosting my book group tomorrow. It'll be nice for the presentable areas of the house to look presentable when I go back to work on Monday. :)
 
I wish I could go back to mother school, because I have no idea what to do.

You're doing it, professor, all professional parents worry.


:p

My girls are off from April 2-6. I wish our spring breaks could have been the same.

ETA: I did the marathon cleaning today, too, but it's because I'm hosting my book group tomorrow. It'll be nice for the presentable areas of the house to look presentable when I go back to work on Monday. :)

That's what we need, more book group stories.:devil:
 
Last edited:
Must not whine....Must not whine...

I found this today and I couldn't resist!;):D:rose:
demotivational-posters-untitled.png
 
While nothing is ever perfect, today came pretty damn close. There was minimal squabbling, we took in a movie and I *even* had time to sit in the sunshine and read!:eek:

I'd like a few more days like today, please.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top