I expect this thread to die quickly. Who is into quantum physics

Explain my particle.

Your particle is made of everything. Star dust from eons a go. Atoms that contain energy. The atomic mass that makes everything seem solid but in reality it's just energy fields. Given the right situation they would simply dissolve.

I see you are lacking a sense of humor as well as knowledge.

Not everone can get by with veiled references to vast stores of undisclosed knowledge. But hey if that place in the continuum is working for you, play on, playah!

I never expected this thread would involve personal battles. Should have known this is lit. Science is hard. Bloviating ignorance is not a good look. However if you have a question that is fine. I will try to answer.

I never expected this thread would involve personal battles. Should have known this is lit. Science is hard. Bloviating ignorance is not a good look. However if you have a question that is fine. I will try to answer.
Fine:

When the cesium second was defined in 1967, it was based on a measurement of the number of cycles of the radiation from a particular cesium-133 transition with reference to the second commonly used in civilian timekeeping, which at that time was based on astronomical observations. The objective was to improve the stability of timekeeping in a manner that would be invisible to the general population. The decision to redefine the second was ultimately that of the International Committee of Weights and Measures, an organization that works to standardize and coordinate measurements. At its 13th official meeting in 1967, the committee adopted the following definition: “The second is the duration of 9,192,631,770 periods of the radiation corresponding to the transition between the two hyperfine levels of the ground state of the caesium-133 atom.”

That is the definition of a second. Any questions?

Fine:

When the cesium second was defined in 1967, it was based on a measurement of the number of cycles of the radiation from a particular cesium-133 transition with reference to the second commonly used in civilian timekeeping, which at that time was based on astronomical observations. The objective was to improve the stability of timekeeping in a manner that would be invisible to the general population. The decision to redefine the second was ultimately that of the International Committee of Weights and Measures, an organization that works to standardize and coordinate measurements. At its 13th official meeting in 1967, the committee adopted the following definition: “The second is the duration of 9,192,631,770 periods of the radiation corresponding to the transition between the two hyperfine levels of the ground state of the caesium-133 atom.”

That is the definition of a second. Any questions?

That is very good definition of how clocks work but I don't understand how that relates to quantum physics.

Honestly it took me five years to begin to grasp it. Begin to grasp it.

All I know is that if you are in a time zone ahead of me..you are in the future...
Future...
Future...
Future...
Like that echo?

All I know is that if you are in a time zone ahead of me..you are in the future...
Future...
Future...
Future...
Like that echo?

Time keeps on slippin', slippin' ....into the future. .

Future...
Future...
Future...
Like that echo?

Love the echo. Let me know if you want to know what will happen l hour in your future. That guy you are thinking about banging will be a mistake. :D

Dimensions not of the ordinary space which we're all familiar, but dimensions of the abstract "Hilbert space," which is the space of quantum states. 'Alternate' Hilbert space dimensions are thought to be inaccessible unless quantum theory is a nonlinear theory, and there's good reason to think quantum theory is a linear theory.

Okay, but what about those "other" dimensions? The ones the LHC might possibly be able to confirm. If the multiple worlds theory is correct, couldn't a brane be that other world and a dimension be a passage to those other worlds?

In other words, cut a hole into a brane via a dimension.

If the multiple worlds theory is correct, couldn't a brane be that other world and a dimension be a passage to those other worlds?

Membranes are dimensions and dimensions are membranes. The crossover between them is unpredictable and random as the membranes 'waver' like sheets in a breeze on a clothesline.

Membranes are dimensions and dimensions are membranes. The crossover between them is unpredictable and random as the membranes 'waver' like sheets in a breeze on a clothesline.

Wait....what? I just washed my sheets.i am presently surrounded by membranes, some with flowers.

The Standard Model Theory is practically moving out of the theory realm with three major discoveries.

Divine Poetic Justice!

Okay, but what about those "other" dimensions? The ones the LHC might possibly be able to confirm. If the multiple worlds theory is correct, couldn't a brane be that other world and a dimension be a passage to those other worlds?

Disclaimer that I'm probably the wrong person to ask about string, superstring, and membrane theory. That said, the dimensions LHC might detect the signatures of (which seems unlikely at this point) are of the ordinary spatial type. In most cases, these conjectured dimensions are thought to be highly "compactedified," which means rolled up tightly so that they're unobserved at low (terrestrial) energies.

There are several distinct multiverse theories floating about. And in the case of many worlds, it's disputable whether it's proper to call it a theory, since there's yet no conceivable experiment that could validate it. It's usually called an interpretation of quantum theory.

Different multiverse theories can be mutually compatible. One can have many universes through many worlds, brane theory, and eternal inflation. But each account of multiple universes makes use of different assumptions and theoretical apparatus.

Back