The Thoughts of Chawoman Mog

butters

High on a Hill
a bloggish thread for my own amusement, a place to stick those random thoughts that occur to me and may not interest anyone else. feel free to add your own; trolls, expect to be ignored.

'I know"

People often say this, but just as often it comes as a statement made about a belief, a feeling, not an example of solid evidence or experience. It doesn't matter how much I/you/we "know" something in our guts or our hearts, the act of knowing comes from a place of informed intellect. Political, scientific & religious beliefs, bias and prejudices, are loaded with the former when it's the latter that's required to truly be able to say "I know."

The World is a Tower of Babel

Words have meanings. Of course, the variety of languages and even nuances/dialects would seem to make the title thought par for the course. However, when a specific language (let's take English just as an example) is spoken in another country (let's assume North America here), the room for confusion is ample because the meanings of words has been altered so much. Wouldn't it be nice if all countries speaking the same language were—actually—speaking the same language?

Incredulous Acts lacking Self-awareness
(or just bullshitting as per)

“Whether I'm speaker or not ... I can lead in any position I’m in,” McCarthy, R-Calif.,

Last edited:
Divine Intervention

Why do people claim "God saved me from x/y/z" (disaster) when others have died?

Why? Do they somehow feel more worthy than the person who wasn't saved? Do they ask themselves why an omnipotent God couldn't save everyone else but chose to save just them? Do they blame the acts? Why do they feel their all-powerful god let little kids die but saved their arses? I don't understand and it always bugs me when i hear them saying "Thank you, Thankyou, Jesus/fill-in-name-of-god-in-question"

Truth, the Whole Truth and nothing But the Truth

Prosecution and Defense are supposedly meant to adhere to the 'rules' of their positions when it comes to speaking to the jury and judges in court. But they don't swear that oath witnesses are called upon to swear. If you've ever served on a jury, you might have expected prosecutor and defense to give you the facts, the "truths" on which you are then expected to make an informed decision. You may well have been sadly disillusioned.

It has devolved to a game for some of the attorneys, where Truth is a malleable (sometimes ignored) tool used to play mind games with the jury, and people can be accused outright of the foulest crimes as if they were actually guilty just on the game-play of a case-win-hungry court official. It would be so much better to stick to asking the right questions to elicit the right responses instead of flat-out stating "this man murdered his wife (yada yada yada)" when it is down to the jury to decide guilt or innocence.

A Bee-shaped Hole

To my first friend in America, my co-conspirator, sounding board, confidante and sister-in-law:

R.I.P Bee
your s-i-l
Sassy

I'm glad you left us all peacefully, but it was way sooner than expected and you are deeply missed.
Thankyou for all you've been to us, and I will keep this 'Sassy' avatar now since you were the one who gifted me the actual board picture it's taken from, just out of the blue this year in March. It hangs above my computer desk and is a constant reminder of you. :heart:

p.s I've always forgotten to say something i meant to when we've called or emailed, and this wouldn't be the same without one: i've already subbed my Halloween av, so apart from that this will be my regular one. x

Last edited:
thanks, neci. it'll take some time for it to really sink in. I fully expected her to be around years yet.
those are always the hardest. let harry know we are thinking of him and your MIL as well.

The Greatest Art

it is often the case that the greatest art is a creation of the most tormented minds or souls.
that truth covers the span between acting and poetry, dance, music and painting.

there's only so much suicide-inducing music i can listen to; i don't want to only read the words of those tortured minds; everyone needs a break from the soul-wrecking performances of actors who frequently die way too young.

Paintings, though, paintings that hold the terrors, the fervent unease, passions and illnesses? they haunt the walls of the houses where they're hung.
as much as they can be appreciated for technique, for their abilities to touch our cores, I don't want to live in a house whose rooms host such ghosts... they trouble me too much and I want to enjoy the spaces i live in.
perhaps if i were less susceptible to the traces of troubled essence the artists imbued them with it wouldn't be an issue.
having lived through darkness, though, i feel its echoes, sad cries, discordant ghostings as they fill the spaces with their sorrows. they take from me, reduce me, enjoy company in their distress—reliant on it, in fact, to exist in any meaningful way beyond their canvas skins.

it is my belief that some of the most underrated art is made by those who have the ability to make us feel easier, lighter, happier, and more content with our lot... gives us something that makes us feel better rather than gift us miseries to shrink us.
it may not be 'the greatest art', but i welcome its presence and don't need to avoid it
yes, i may still choose to view the darker hauntings from time to time, but i don't want to live with them—i've had more than my fill of such potent unhappiness—a burden i am incapable of lightening.

Stupid Tall Burgers
I love a burger. I do! Especially with melted cheese, pickled cucumber, fresh onion, toms and lettuce... but i find those huge towers of food some put out there as monstrous, difficult to eat, and totally unappealing.

I want to be able to hold a soft, seeded, lightly toasted bun in my hand and be able to get my mouth around a bite of the meat/veg/toppings. I don't want to have to take time contemplating it in concern rather than admiration, wondering if i need to get out a step ladder and use a knife and fork on it. It puts me right off. I just can't wrap my head around the 'why?' of them!

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=tall+burgers&form=HDRSC3&first=1

1698538402432.png

1698538462574.png

1698538519002.png

With you on stupid tall burgers! Just what is the point, are we supposed to admire the skills of the person who impaled a dumb pile of meat and trimmings in such a way as to make it nigh-impossible to eat?

Back