The Abduction (Closed for RedDeeDee

ADmiral3

Really Experienced
Joined
Feb 19, 2016
Posts
232
Orders were orders. And just now I had recieved my latest set. At the moment I was resting in stasis, my consciousnous one of many millions around me, floating in a sea of empty space. The commands came telepathically, and when I heard them, I could immediately feel my consciousnous getting pulled out of the vast space.

Suddenly I was back. They had put me into another body, and had put many others in bodies as well. Looking around I saw a vast assortment of my fellow Psycorpori, each in a new form. Every time we were needed we were placed in a new form, suited specifically to our needs. I saw towering creatures, covered in scales and spines, and smaller creatures with wings flying among their heads. Looking down at myself, I saw fur. I was about two meters tall, with slick brown fur, and several tubes came out of my lower half, holding me aloft. Flexing gently, I found I had complete control over them, and several of them seemed to have more uses than standing. I would explore later.

Looking up, I was shuffled into a line that eventualy sorted me into a ship. An exploration ship. This must be why so many of us were mobilized, we were performing another great expansion. Many years ago we commenced the first great expansion, and discovered over 30 new worlds with life. Half of them became new spawning grounds for Psycorpori, and the rest were welcomed into the Galactic Horde.

After I got on board, I looked at my destination. It was far out, farther than anyone had ever traveled before. And the review of the planet, Earth, said that the satelites predicted that their race was primitive and hostile, especially towards unkown entities, but could be befriended fairly easily if approached correctly. I noted this all rapidly, then took off, setting course for the new location, before going to the sleep pod in the back of the ship. I curled up my flexible body and let the lid shut on top, as the temperature dropped. All unnecesary systems were to be shut off until I reached my destination. I let my body shut down, confident in the ship's ability to navigate and awake me when I had arrived.

Many years later, my ship was near the planet. Too near, in fact. My calculations must have been wrong, but I was still asleep, unabe to assess the situation. The computer was programmed to wake me up, but only after a time had passed, and we had gotten here early. I stayed, frozen and inert, as my ship plummetted through the atmosphere, eventually crashing in the woods, coming to rest in a small clearing, a good distance away from any human life... Except one.
 
3ab75b1493dab5158530be331ca3744c.jpg


Yeah, I know. The truck's not just older than me. It's probably older than my grandfather.

But I still love it.

That's me there in the picture, after I had the truck hauled out to my little parcel of land in the few thousand acres my family owns in southern Missouri. Normally I don't wear that much jewelry. In fact, unless I'm going into town, I don't wear any jewelry. Too easy for something to get caught in something, and that means you lose something. And I like all my fingers, thankyouverymuch.

Like I was saying, my grandfather gave me a couple of acres to put my workshop in our family acreage about a year ago, when I turned eighteen. The only way to get to my workshop is down a private packed dirt road that goes by/through four other relatives homes. And all of them firm and avid believers of the US's second amendment. So yeah, strangers don't come back to my workshop, because I believe in the second amendment too. Like the saying goes, Susan B. Anthony got me the vote, and Horace Smith and Daniel B. Wesson made sure no one tells me how to cast it.

Okay, I'm getting all redneck girl on you and getting away from the story.

So who am I? Adeline Sarah Johnson, but everyone calls me Sarah. I just turned nineteen. My grandmother calls me five foot seven worth of Missouri Wildcat, while my grandfather says I'm just a young lady who knows what she wants in life and has the confidence to pursue it.

I like my grandfather's description better.

And I like building things and blowing them up. That doesn't make me a tomboy. I mean, if I'm out in the woods or working on something, I'm wearing blue jeans and a work shirt of some kind, and definitely work boots, but that's because if you're working on something, that's the kind of stuff you wear. I don't try to dress down my femininity. I like being a woman. But I'm not going to wear something frilly, or something stupid like pink camo shit. If I'm working, I dress for working. If I'm playing, I dress for playing. Simple as that.

So when I turned fifteen, I started transforming into a hottie. Hey, I'm not going to engage in false modesty. I am hot. And I'm active, so it keeps me hot.

But I also like building and rebuilding stuff. I've love math and science ever I was a little girl. It's one of the reasons I have my own parcel of land, so no one has to worry about me burning down the barn.

So, when I turned fifteen, I noticed guys and they noticed me. But guys don't like women who are smarter than them or know more about traditional "guy" stuff than them. And I never felt either the need to dumb myself down, or to do something when I wasn't ready. And not only can I swing my elbows and knees to make sure nothing happens if I don't want it to happen, but I got tons of male relatives who will back me up, and everyone notices it.

So here I am, today, age nineteen, on spring break from freshman year at the local university. I'm going there to get a degree in mechanical engineering, and I'm acing all my classes. But I'm spending my spring break in my workshop, instead of down in the beaches of Florida and Texas, but I'm that girl who is going to do what she's going to do, and not bend her will to some guy.

Some I'm spending spring break rebuilding a truck from the 1940s because I'm a 19 year old virgin who hasn't even let some guy feel her up above her clothes.

Not that I'm complaining. Just telling you who I am.

So I rode out to my shop on my ATV on a fine spring morning. Just me and the shop and the surrounding wildlife. Except in October and November, nobody ever heads out to where I am, and even then, it's family and/or invitation only. I was wearing my uniform of the day, a gray sleeveless shirt, jeans, work boots, and probably the most boring bra and panties alive underneath it all.

And that's when I saw the meteor.

Well, I call it a meteor, even though I'm not sure what it was. I didn't even see it until I saw something sort of silvery and white appear against the treeline. And it didn't crash so much as make a slow uncontrolled descent.

Yeah, I know, none of that makes sense.

I really wasn't sure what it was, but I thought I'd go take a look. I checked my phone, and saw I was out of range. No surprise there. I usually had to ride a quarter mile down the drive toward my folks' house to even get one bar. So I got on my ATV, made sure my shotgun was secure, and went to investigate.

Just on the other side of the tree line was a pond fed by one full time stream and a couple of intermittent ones. And sitting on the far shore, halfway in and halfway out of the pond was a...was a...

Well, it wasn't a meteor, that's for sure. Or an airplane. My first thought was that it was some type of drone, thought I didn't see any visible means of propulsion or for remote control. Which didn't mean anything. I mean, we weren't close to the air force base that had the stealth bombers, but we weren't that far either. No telling what you could find on that base. Maybe this was one of their experiments.

I know, I know, the first thing I should have done is ride back to where I had reception and call it in, so someone official could come find their lost toy. But I'm a girl who likes to know how things work. So naturally my first instinct was to drive around the pond and get a closer look.
 
Back
Top