How do i quote multiple people

Skankstar

Really Really Experienced
In a post? I've seen others do it when they thank people on compliments but I can work out how to do it.
Thanks. Its probably been asked a few times before but my brief search (2 pages yes I'm lazy). Happy to be forwarded to the link :)

In a post? I've seen others do it when they thank people on compliments but I can work out how to do it.
Thanks. Its probably been asked a few times before but my brief search (2 pages yes I'm lazy). Happy to be forwarded to the link :)
Look for this in the bottom right corner of each post:
multiquote_off.gif

That is the "Multi-quote" button to tag a post for quoting in a single reply. (when you click it, it turns red.)

Once you've tagged everything you're going to reply to, quote the last post, or click the
reply.gif
button to quote everything you've tagged.

multiquote_off.gif

That is the "Multi-quote" button to tag a post for quoting in a single reply. (when you click it, it turns red.)

Once you've tagged everything you're going to reply to, quote the last post, or click the
reply.gif

In addition something that was years before I realized could be done:

If you want to quote something from another thread or multiple threads it works there too. Just hit the muti-quote there before hitting the quote button in the thread you wish to post your comment in.

In fine print at the bottom, it will say that you have unrelated quotes available and do you want include them, or deselect them.

I clipped and pasted for years not knowing that.

multiquote_off.gif

reply.gif

Thankyou for the tips :)

If you want to quote something from another thread or multiple threads it works there too. Just hit the muti-quote there before hitting the quote button in the thread you wish to post your comment in.

In fine print at the bottom, it will say that you have unrelated quotes available and do you want include them, or deselect them.

This sounds helpful as well :) thanks for taking the time to reply.

:)

well, fuck me...

learn something new every day!

i did not know that. thanks, i gotta try it out now. :D

I was playing around with this and some other features and decided they are shrouded in mystery because we never hover long. Every feature seem to have a pop-up description of what the button does, but I almost never see that, because I have already clicked on it, or moved past the button before the symbol is explained.

It looks like the hover time is set at about 1.5 seconds. It's curious how that feels like a long wait.

testing.

I have never used the "quick reply to THIS message" button. I assume it is just a quick reply unrelated to any message, since otherwise you would click the quote button.

ETA: As I suspected it is not as advertised. Simply means, "jump to quick reply box."

Interesting, I never use it, when I want to add to a thread, but don't wish to quote anyone specific, I will scroll all the way down and hit the "reply" button which makes a whole 'nother page pop up. I assume that the "reply", as opposed to "quick reply" has advantages. (formatting options maybe?) but I don't see any.

Last edited:
Quick reply....

How about that. I tried this once before and it didn't work.

Quick reply....

How about that. I tried this once before and it didn't work.
I think it is a little quicker to use that button, but you cannot see the post your are quoting. It just shows up if you click the box. Makes it hard to bifurcate or mess with someones post.

Back