who's your current celebrity/famous person crush?

Not so much a celebrity, but she's on this season of Survivor. Fuck. Her name is Morgan McLeod.

I can think of two good reasons she should win.

survivor-2014-morgan-mcleod-05.jpg

survivor-2014-morgan-mcleod-01.jpg

Morgan-McLeod.jpg

today i've completely flipped direction & am obsessing about gwyneth paltrow, who i swear has never looked hotter than in the iron man films.

ed

You know, I'm usually man enough to look past their personality straight to their outer beauty. I'm typically not shallow enough to judge a book by its insides when it comes to entertainer monkeys. For instance, I think Kim Kardashian is hotter than Satan's taint. However, Gwyneth is so fucking annoying, I can't see past it. I see her and I know she is pretty. But I've read things she writes and says and she's so awful, I can't even see any beauty. That's how annoying she is.

With that said, to each their own. I'm totally not pissing on your choice. I just wanted to say, she's interesting to me because she gets my goat so badly.

pmann: you know, i know people who are annoyed by paltrow, like a good friend's wife. i don't get it, but hey, it's all good, different strokes & all that.

october46: not knocking, but while i can objectively appreciate that ms simpson is a very fine-looking woman, the rest makes me wanna run the other way in terror.

ed

pmann: you know, i know people who are annoyed by paltrow, like a good friend's wife. i don't get it, but hey, it's all good, different strokes & all that.

It's her general lack if self awareness. I remember seeing this blog she wrote. It was a bit of fashion advice. It was showing working mothers on a budget how they can dress like Hollywood women. So she showed what her outfit cost, let's say $600 for the shirt, $800 for the pants and $1200 for the shoes. And she would then show the prices for the everyday, working mother on a budget. The prices would be something like $300 for the shirt, $500 for the pants and $600 for the shoes. Bwhahaha. Fuck. That's what she thinks everyday mothers can afford to spend in clothes?

So, that's where my annoyance comes from. Not that she's rich. That's awesome. But that she isn't aware how rich she is and that she has no idea how people really live.

But as I said, in my head & know she's pretty. I just can't get past that. And again, I'm not trying to sway you. Just pointing out an observation. Cheers.

yeah...paltrow has no idea about what things cost for the typical person. considering the life she grew up in, i think that's unfortunately unavoidable but i can certainly see how that's gonna rub people the absolute wrong way.

ed

I don't generally crush on the womenfolk, but Ming-Na totally caught my attention as May when she kicked Ward's ass in the last episode of Agents of Shield. I was all "Damn - you go, girl!"

today i've completely flipped direction & am obsessing about gwyneth paltrow, who i swear has never looked hotter than in the iron man films.

ed

You know, I'm usually man enough to look past their personality straight to their outer beauty. I'm typically not shallow enough to judge a book by its insides when it comes to entertainer monkeys. For instance, I think Kim Kardashian is hotter than Satan's taint. However, Gwyneth is so fucking annoying, I can't see past it. I see her and I know she is pretty. But I've read things she writes and says and she's so awful, I can't even see any beauty. That's how annoying she is.

With that said, to each their own. I'm totally not pissing on your choice. I just wanted to say, she's interesting to me because she gets my goat so badly.

ed

It's her general lack if self awareness. I remember seeing this blog she wrote. It was a bit of fashion advice. It was showing working mothers on a budget how they can dress like Hollywood women. So she showed what her outfit cost, let's say $600 for the shirt, $800 for the pants and $1200 for the shoes. And she would then show the prices for the everyday, working mother on a budget. The prices would be something like $300 for the shirt, $500 for the pants and $600 for the shoes. Bwhahaha. Fuck. That's what she thinks everyday mothers can afford to spend in clothes?

So, that's where my annoyance comes from. Not that she's rich. That's awesome. But that she isn't aware how rich she is and that she has no idea how people really live.

But as I said, in my head & know she's pretty. I just can't get past that. And again, I'm not trying to sway you. Just pointing out an observation. Cheers.

45 Hilariously Ridiculous Gwyneth Paltrow Quotes That Will Make You Want To Punch Something

i gotta say em, what i get from that link more than anything else is "i hate famous people!"

[shrugs]

ed

i gotta say em, what i get from that link more than anything else is "i hate famous people!"

[shrugs]

ed

Meh, the link was something for you and pmann - I have no horse in this race.

She does nothing for me, whether she opens her mouth or not.

FYI - her and the Coldplay frontman have just announced their "conscious uncoupling".
Pretentious twat or not, she could be looking for some filthy rebound sex, if you want to be her ironman.

well, as a happily-married man who's getting his needs met, i'm OK with not being involved.

this will not in any way stop me from thinking what ms paltrow's version of rebound sex may be, though. :D

ed

I've been watching House of Cards on Netflix, and Robin Wright is blowing my mind. Holy hell that woman is fucking HOT!

I don't know how I've missed him all this time. I only really noticed him with that Jimmy Fallon lip sync battle and now I am hooked. He is one funny fucker.

Check out that movie, but really check out Role Models. You will squee the whole time.

I WAS crushing on Don Drapers wife until, well...., events portrayed hit a little close to home.

She, clearly, is a fantastic actress because I now feel a visceral distaste for her every expression, and I once loved her like beauty and light.

Seems sad that I can't think of one of the moment.

Back