The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That i know the feeling of, i one time got lost in a tV show online for over two months,\. i am ashamed to admit it was buffy and Angel, I had never watched them before and i was glued in horror and fascination.

Tonight is early to bed night. Had troubles sleeping the last two nights. Lo and Behold! Tonight, I am sleepy!

Sweet Dreams!:kiss::kiss:

I have a question that I hope others can answer.
What's the best way of showing the elapse of time in a story?.

My character starts in hospital and I can show his visitors no problem. But when home (sick-leave), it's not so easy.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Then the Dragon can fly again . . . . .

I have a question that I hope others can answer.
What's the best way of showing the elapse of time in a story?.

My character starts in hospital and I can show his visitors no problem. But when home (sick-leave), it's not so easy.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Then the Dragon can fly again . . . . .
There isn't any definitive way of dealing with the passage of time; I think it's one of the things that offers a most interesting challenge to authors and cinematographers (remember that innovation or Orson Wells and used in Alistair Sims' A Christmas Carol - the pages flying off the calendar as the seasons change in a barely-focused background).

You might try working in an allusion to some natural or anthropogenic phenomena to show it, picking one that reflects the amount of time you need to have elapse.

He lay in his bed, watching the moon's transit every night; it had waxed from new crescent to gibbous before he was able to sit up on his own.

Is that the kind of thing you had in mind?

There isn't any definitive way of dealing with the passage of time; I think it's one of the things that offers a most interesting challenge to authors and cinematographers (remember that innovation or Orson Wells and used in Alistair Sims' A Christmas Carol - the pages flying off the calendar as the seasons change in a barely-focused background).

You might try working in an allusion to some natural or anthropogenic phenomena to show it, picking one that reflects the amount of time you need to have elapse.

He lay in his bed, watching the moon's transit every night; it had waxed from new crescent to gibbous before he was able to sit up on his own.

Is that the kind of thing you had in mind?

MAybe not quite, but it does give me a few ideas, thanks

MAybe not quite, but it does give me a few ideas, thanks
good...

Time ebbed and flowed as he slowly recovered, the hours and days slipping in and out like the languid thrusting of an aged lover's manhood.

(Now, that, I think may be over the top for a juncture of cliched metaphor and inane simile).

How about just going simple, hours flowed into days and into weeks like (insert simile or metaphor) And before he knew it summer had come and gone...what i use but i usually suck at any time lapse LOl i like short and concise, No encounter should take more then a few hours...LOL

So I get to drift into sleep with the thought that a continent away you are stripping off and slipping into a nice hot foamy tub, sighing as the water relaxes you, your breasts bobbing on the surface. Then the sponge sliding along your bare leg as you wash yourself.

Nice. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back