I.M. Fauve Gallery

I like the futuristic motorcycle! All great work! Glad I popped in today!

Have fun completing that deck! Sounds like serious work!
 
Speaking of your remarkable body of work, I heard an interview with Lynda Barry, the cartoonist , last night on NPR, regarding the power of images and how to get people to start drawing and stop worrying about if their work is "good".

She told this story about how she had gotten to the point where her imaginary characters seemed to become her main peer group, and one evening she got very sad that she would never actually meet these people in her drawings. But then, she woke up the next morning and realized this was not actually a crisis at all, because she had just been drunk the night before. She laughed and laughed, along with the interviewer.

She also marveled about how worked up people could get about something that she drew on a piece of paper, to the point that they would hate her or want to harm her.

Overall, I got the impression that she drew images to explore her psyche.
 
hmmm... never finished (surprise!) coloring this...

removed, for lack of interest

maybe some day.....:rolleyes:
 
Last edited:
hmmm... never finished (surprise!) coloring this...
attachment.php

attachment.php


maybe some day.....:rolleyes:

You know, I actually prefer the pink one. Great work, as always!
 
Wow, great answer. I have done a few such drawings, and I can name about half of your reasons why as my own. Err, maybe a third. I didn't need much of a reason when it's deep, and human, and fits the pose. By the way, your model makes some very limp poses and the doll thing really works. Pygmalion and Galatea, I will have to look into that. I'm so uncultured! Galatea, the name of the female android in Bicentennial man, so that's where it comes from.

I had one of those wooden sketch artist's pose dolls once and it was fun to use but not very anatomical..

speaking of.... (Pygmalion and Galatea)
I saw this on pfflyerhot's thread : Flyers Fantasies 2.0 and swiped it.:D
A 2D version, becoming 3D

tumblr_nzx56g9RWo1rdsjp2o1_500.jpg


curious, as there SEEMS to be the shadow of a model in the background...
taking a cigarette break?
(if that is the case, I prefer the smoking-hot non-smoking painted version)
 
Last edited:
I prefer the smoking-hot non-smoking painted version

I followed the artistic work of Robert Crumb for many years. It seemed that his own sexual fantasies eventually came off the pages of his drawings and met him in person.

He always drew upon his deep fantasies about large-legged and full-hipped women. He did this so effectively in his comic books that eventually this shy and skinny artist was invited to events that featured dominant "Amazon type" women.

He continued to publish his very provocative comic books for years in northern California, until some of his neighbors in a conservative town of the Sacramento valley found out that their neighbor was a "perv", whose work explored how people's deepest sexual feelings affected their world view.

About that time, he met a woman of his dreams, another cartoonist who had the dominant personality and body type that Crumb preferred. She convinced Crumb to move to France, where people would be less morally judgmental of his work.

If any Lit readers want to learn more about this artist, I recommend seeing the film Crumb (1994).
 
yep. I have read a bit on Crumb.

A sad, sorry world we live in, that sexuality and eroticism and fantasy are "labeled" as perversions, when EVERYONE has fantasies to some degree or another.

ridiculous.:rolleyes:
 
quick rough of a dream...
removed, for lack of interest

started a dud-thread with the back story on the Playground.:rolleyes:
 
Last edited:
hmmm. I thought this was up....?

removed, for lack of interest
 
Last edited:
dug up from the crypt
Braid
removed, for lack of interest
 
Last edited:
So long so good and you have never failed to bring me back to your thread for 'more' ..
 
speaking of a "long time"... I finally, just started a new drawing.....
scanning the rough now. Not sure how much time I can spend on it, but managed to squeeeeeze five minutes between one job and another (which just got a "lower" priority rating):eek: unheard of.
 
Twisted Passion

removed, for lack of interest


some odd things happen when I "just start drawing", without any planning or "blocking":)
 
Last edited:
a few more minutes...

removed, for lack of interest

now, back to work!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top