Favorite Alcoholic Beverages.

Black_Bird

Not Innocent
Okay - The bar is open and we've got EVERY kind of booze imaginable! So, what's your poison and what's in it?

My favorite drink is Bacardi Black & Coke - really tasty little drink. If I'm in the mood for something sweeter, Bacardi Spiced or Captian Morgan Private Stock does the trick. Recently I've tried something called a French Martini - rasberry flavored Martini! Knocked me on my ass, but it was damn good! :)

My favorite drink is cognac... but if I'm in the mood for something mixed I like daquiris and a drink of my own devising, 2 parts kaluah, 1 part milk, 2 parts vodka, and 1 part rum. Dunno if someone else has already come up with it, but I made it once in a time of desperation and I loved it *shrug*

Plus I like to start off Sunday with an Irish Coffee

Oh, and my favorite beer is Long Trail Ale (bottled up here in Vermont, you ever had any of that Mouse?)

Last edited:
I patake of beer and Scotch fairly regularly. My beer of choice is Export Gold, which few of you will have heard of. And my Scotch is The Macallan, or Glenfiddich.

I've been known to knock back a few Mikes Hard Lemonade on occasion too.

Juspar Emvan said:
I've been known to knock back a few Mikes Hard Lemonade on occasion too.

I've had Smirnoff Ice - heard that Mikes wasn't as smooth. I really don't drink beer, can't stand the taste.

I don't drink a lot, but a do enjoy a Gin, Lime and Lemonade when I do :)

Black_Bird said:

Uhg... Let me guess - you drink to get drunk.

Hey, sometimes drinking to get drunk is a necessity. Normally I drink because I enjoy the flavor of what I'm drinking and I enjoy getting buzzed...

However, if I've decided it's time for me to get hammered I drink some of the following:
whiskey (preferrably canadian club)
barkeeper's call (I drank a quarter of a bottle of this stuff in one chug, it goes down like lighter fluid but it does the job)
151 ( Does the job and does it well)

Make mine a ....

A dirty martini ...

but then again I could go for an icy cold Shiner Bock. :)

Hmm, let's see...I like Capt Morgan Spiced and coke, Alabama Slammers are also good. Mostly a beer girl though, Molson Canadian Light goes down nice and smooth, as does Keith's Pale Ale.

Moridin187 said:

However, if I've decided it's time for me to get hammered I drink some of the following:
whiskey (preferrably canadian club)
barkeeper's call (I drank a quarter of a bottle of this stuff in one chug, it goes down like lighter fluid but it does the job)
151 ( Does the job and does it well)

Do you have a cast iron stomach?? One of the bartenders I work with made Jello shooters with Lambs 151...one shot and I was ready to throw up....ick ick ick.

Might be easier to list what i don't like... :D

Mike's Hard Lemonade
Smirnoff Ice
Anything with vodka in it, or all by itself is good too
My flask has Glenmorrangie scotch in it
Killians
Rolling Rock
Blackberry Merlot
Cosmo's

Of course I've got a cast iron stomach, I'm an irishman!
I could drink pure ethanol and not puke

:D

Re: Make mine a ....

Aphrodisiac said:
A dirty martini ...

What's in a Dirty Martini? What does it taste like...

You see, people, unlike the majority of my friends and aquaintances, I actually waited until I was 21 to start drinking - so... I really don't know everything that's out there...

Moridin187 said:
Hey, sometimes drinking to get drunk is a necessity. Normally I drink because I enjoy the flavor of what I'm drinking and I enjoy getting buzzed...

Drinking to get drunk is never necessary. I think it's a waste of good booze, money, and time. I admit - I do like a good buzz, but I've always stopped short of stumbling drunk.

I also refuse to drink when I'm depressed! If I'm in a bad mood, the last thing I want is a drink.

SunnyGirl said:
Hmm, let's see...I like Capt Morgan Spiced and coke, Alabama Slammers are also good. Mostly a beer girl though, Molson Canadian Light goes down nice and smooth, as does Keith's Pale Ale.

Have you ever tried Capt Morgan Private Stock? Expensive, but much better then their usual rum. For the most part, Bacardi has Morgan beat, in my book - except for when it comes to private stock! That stuff just makes me sooo horney!

Black_Bird said:

Drinking to get drunk is never necessary. I think it's a waste of good booze, money, and time. I admit - I do like a good buzz, but I've always stopped short of stumbling drunk.

I also refuse to drink when I'm depressed! If I'm in a bad mood, the last thing I want is a drink.

I get totally fucking plastered once a year. Sometimes twice. Totally knock down, drag out FUCKING TOASTED.

Other than that I'm not a huge drinker.

I'll have a beer or two at the family picnic, a strawberry daiquiri at the beach party, or a martini (DRY DAMNIT VERY DRY!) at a wedding.

My favorites are Mikes, Ice and Labatts for bottled booze.

I like Aftershock, Goldschlogger (sp?) and Rumpleminz for shots.

One of the clubs Alina drags me to once in a great while has some awesome tube shots - I have no idea whats in them but they're awesome citrusy stuff.

Holidays at my house usually produce Coquito instead of Egg Nog. That shit fucking rocks my world. We make it and shove it in the fridge in Milk gallon jugs.

Daiquri's rock me hardcore as well.

Whiskey Sour is my favorite.

Champagne has to be Brut. Fuck the fruity shit.

White wine too. No blushy or red crap for me.

I'm only a social drinker......I don't drink to get drunk
off my ass.....

My faves:

chocolate martini
tequila sunrise
strawberry margarita (frozen!)
rum n' Coke
white russian
fuzzy navel

in terms of wine...i prefer red wine (Merlot!)
and white zinfadel (blush--Sutter Home or Beringer)

TJ

Black_Bird said:

You see, people, unlike the majority of my friends and aquaintances, I actually waited until I was 21 to start drinking - so... I really don't know everything that's out there...

Normally I drink on average about 10-15 times a year, and I've been drinking since I was 10 (bad upbringing, deal) And maybe there aren't times when you feel the need to get roaring drunk, but I do. When life has just stacked too much shit on me at once, or things have just become entirely too stressful and I've hit my breaking point, nothing helps like a bender.

Yeah, maybe I'm what you'd call a "problem drinker", but if I need a break from reality, and I commit one friday night and one saturday of my time to taking that break, that's my problem. If you don't like it, you can kiss my big white ass ;)

Moridin187 said:
Normally I drink on average about 10-15 times a year, and I've been drinking since I was 10 (bad upbringing, deal) And maybe there aren't times when you feel the need to get roaring drunk, but I do. When life has just stacked too much shit on me at once, or things have just become entirely too stressful and I've hit my breaking point, nothing helps like a bender.

Yeah, maybe I'm what you'd call a "problem drinker", but if I need a break from reality, and I commit one friday night and one saturday of my time to taking that break, that's my problem. If you don't like it, you can kiss my big white ass ;)

LOL... Fine, I get your point. I didn't mean to come off offensive - it's just my opinion. Then again, the people I know who drink to get drunk do it on a weekly basis, so perhaps I'm bias.

Last edited:
Black_Bird said:

LOL... Fine, I get your point. I didn't mean to come off offensive - it's just my opinion. Then again, the people I know who drink to get drunk do it on a weekly basis, so perhaps I'm bias.

That's when it's changed from a break from reality to an escape from reality and it's time to stop drinking. Same with anything else, cigs, television, coffee...

Back