The NHRA is facing a string of defeats....

Comshaw

VAGITARIAN
Joined
Nov 9, 2000
Posts
11,354
Pro Stock
Funny Cars
Top Fuelers
Motorcylces

OH HELL YES!!! ALCOHOL FUMES AND TIRE SMOKE!!!


Highlights from the 2016 Lucas Oil NHRA Nationals in Brainerd!

Brown_W.jpg



Comshaw
 
Does this mean people will be racing to the pumps to fill up w/moonshine?

I tried that once when I ran out of gas in an old Mopar. Got me home and that old car did not want to stop. Took some time for it to run out of moonshine after filling it with leaded regular, only about a 1/2 gallon or so of moonshine at the time.
 
I'll give you a decent parody thread title, but the followup was somewhat banal.
 
Top Fuel is way loud.


Hell, that and the smells and smoke are the fun in going.
 
Shit even the Honda's will rattle your teeth at the level they are pushing them....

chris-miller.png
 
I recall the very 1st time I went to my 1st official drag car race. I wuz hooked from that day on. Actually, I think I had more fun behind the stands checking out all the kewl cars and merchant stands.

Then I ran afoul of the booze stand. Of which I became a well known patron. *sticks out chest*. I think cigs were $2 a pack. <<<<It was legal to do such things back then in a "free" USA.

Did I mention the odd scent of Mary Jane that glided through the air? It was vaguely detected as it faded at the edge of the track.
 
Pro stocks are running what funnies were running when I first started being aware of the drags.


I named the cat for one of them . . . .


160977_Front_3-4_Web.jpg
 
Back
Top