What little kindness did you today?

So you did a kindness and were an accomplice to a kindness. Very cool. :cool: Doing a kindness for your spouse gets you the gold star for the day.

He failed to mention that it was 30 minutes - one way. He went an hour out of his way then worked a hectic 2-10 shift in a restaurant - during the busiest week of the year.

This doesn't count for the thread, but he did something kind for all of us nurses for Halloween. He loves carving pumpkins and does very intricate carvings every Halloween. This year, he designed and carved a pumpkin just for us to display at work.

Nurses have to work every holiday. We don't get days off. It was worth it to go to work when we had such a cool expression of gratitude and appreciation for the jobs we do. Here's the pumpkin he carved - that had a place of honor on the nurses' station counter all day and night.

522269_460860507290097_1372166406_n.jpg


Word of that pumpkin spread through the hospital like wildfire. People paraded through our department all day and all night to see it. Administration even came to see it and sent somebody to take a picture of it.

Yeah, he's one of the good guys. :)
 
This doesn't count for the thread, but he did something kind for all of us nurses for Halloween. He loves carving pumpkins and does very intricate carvings every Halloween. This year, he designed and carved a pumpkin just for us to display at work.

Sure it counts. Every kindness deserves recognition. He did a great job.



I woke up at 5am this morning (a day off for me) to ride along with my wife to take her parents to the airport so she wouldn't have to make the drive alone.

She reciprocated by helping me sort out choir music (we stopped at my office on the way back). Ordinarily that wouldn't be a big task, but we're playing in 3 choirs because my son has decided he would like to play in a 3rd one (so we're a little disorganized).

As a bonus we got to do a little light grocery shopping together and dropped a few bucks in the Salvation Army bucket.
 
Sometimes the universe repays you

I mentioned previously that my kids and I made a commitment to play a children's Christmas Eve service, even though we had already committed to playing on Christmas day. Children's mass is for young children and their families, but there's a lot of people there. When we arrived we realized that we were "it" as far as choir goes and decided on the spur of the moment to just ask kids if they wanted to come sing with us. 15 or 16 little voices happily joined us.

I owe my wife a big kiss. Being the brains of the outfit, when she realized what I had just done she took the music and ran to the office to make enough copies. I had only brought copies for my kids and me. After a quick once-through "rehearsal" (with proud parents snapping pictures) we had what might just be one of the most beautiful and inspiring choirs that I've ever had the priveledge of being a part of. The kids were perfect. It brought tears to my eyes. I wish I had recorded it.

Today's choir was also truly outstanding. I managed to record it on my phone to share with a friend.
 
Last edited:
It was not today but yesterday I got something off the top shelf at the supermarket for a little old lady. She laughed at me when I asked if I could help her, then she said "What can you do your not taller than I am." Which is true I was not but I was able to stretch and reach the object and get it down for her. Lol.
 
Encouraged and comforted a friend who was depressed that she didn't get a promotion she deserved and was the most qualified for.
 
Stopped to get coffee this morning, the lady in front of me was rummaging around for her money, then says "ah! i forgot my wallet in my other bag at home" i'll be back-and they said they'd hold her coffee, i'm like, seriously, it's monday morning, manic for some..so i said i'll take a chai latte and here, put hers on this and i handed over my gift card.

They handed the coffee to her and i said "have a good day"..and she hugged me saying she would play this kindness forward.

I'm not very huggy huggy, but it felt nice, she was nice..ha, guess i'm nice too LoL :eek:

:)
 
Happy New Year everyone! I'm glad to see you've been busy :)

I got something off the top shelf at the supermarket for a little old lady.

That was a nice story to read. Sometimes something so simple can avoid so much frustration. :)

well, yesterday i made dinner after a late night last night. :>

If you did it to "get some" (or because you got some) it doesn't count :D Otherwise, well done. :)

Encouraged and comforted a friend who was depressed that she didn't get a promotion she deserved and was the most qualified for.

You sound like a good friend :). Sometimes all we need is someone to commiserate with to make us feel better.

That's always tough, when you know you could do it better. :heart:

Isn't it though? It's always hard to look back and say "What on earth did I do wrong in that interview?"


i said i'll take a chai latte and here, put hers on this and i handed over my gift card. I'm not very huggy huggy, but it felt nice, she was nice..ha, guess i'm nice too LoL :eek:

I know it's only a couple of bucks on a gift card, but that's real money and you did great saving her the trouble, not to mention embarassment.

I have been a very busy boy. I have spent time chatting with a depressed friend, who can be quite cantankerous when she's in a bad mood. She usually apologizes later, but it can be grating at the time. I took some spontaneous time off from work to do something nice for my kids the other day (they were on break). I took a day off from work and looked after the kids so my wife could have a day to herself.

Edited to add that I went to a mortuary today for a viewing for someone I don't really know, to help make his son feel better.

Keep up the good deeds everyone!
 
Last edited:
The girlfriend asked tonight if I could take her cat to the vet. I told her I would. No, that's not the kindness part . . . :rolleyes::D

Turns out, the cat, who has limped for some time, had a couple ingrown nails. After a bit of conversation about it, I asked why she didn't just nip the nails herself because that's what the vet is going to do. I offered to help her if she wanted to try it first.

She held the cat while I assessed the two problem nails. Sure enough, two nails were curved around and growing back into the toes. I couldn't tell if they had penetrated the pads or were just pushing into them hard. She was ok with proceeding, so I snipped the nails and removed the pieces. Thankfully, the nails hadn't pierced the toe pads, so there was no blood or pain or mess to deal with.

Lo and behold, with the ingrown nails removed, the cat no longer limps, something that he'd done for months, and something that he's been to the vet for already, and not once were the nails checked, they just chalked it up to him being old and arthritic.

While I was there and had the opportunity, I snipped all the cat's nails to prevent it from happening again. And lest you be worried about the cat's safety with shortened, blunt nails, he's an inside cat with no enemies, so no need for claws.
 
She held the cat while I assessed the two problem nails

Brave man! Helping a wounded animal can be quite a trick sometimes. Your girlfriend should find another vet, because this one was clearly negligent. You can tell her I said she can keep the boyfriend though.


Great idea! I may even have to sign up for a FaceBook account. Give something you've made to a random stranger in need, and I'll give you two gold stars ;)

I paid for someone's medication today, because job problems plus a big car repair bill hitting at the same time drained the piggy bank. I just have to figure out how to tell my wife why the joint account is a little lighter.
 
Helped someone figure out what to wear (and not to wear) on her first date in 5 yrs.
I offered to help her press it too. Its Saturday, I am hoping it goes well.
 
Helped someone figure out what to wear (and not to wear) on her first date in 5 yrs. I offered to help her press it too. Its Saturday, I am hoping it goes well.

Very nice! How did the date go?


I stopped to help a truck with a U-Haul in tow who had run out of gas on an icy turn. I waited until he had started moving again to be sure a gallon was enough to get him to the gas station.
 
I curved my student's exams. They need all the help they can get.
 
I just went winter camping up on a mountain, in a tent in the snow so a group of kids could go (without a chaperone they would have had to cancel). I had more fun than I thought I'd have below freezing without a female to keep me warm.

I caught an elderly lady that was about to fall. And helped her to a chair.

Good catch!

I curved my student's exams. They need all the help they can get.

I used to love teachers who'd curve grades, and hate the curve-killer know-it-alls who obviously had far too much time to study on their hands. I'm sure you're in the "favorite teacher" category now ;)
 
Made a point of seeking out a manager at a restaurant to compliment a clearly overworked, but nonetheless upbeat and efficient waitress.
 
I've stopped posting in a particular thread - kindness for all, including myself :)
 
Stopped to thank the man handing out the paper poppies at the store for his service.
 
I told the Director of my daughter's swimming school what an amazing job they do.
 
I'm taking both my younger brothers shopping with me. :eek:
Trust me that's kind and testing hehe
 
i'm gonna see about helping a former high school classmate find (better?) employment.

ed
 
Back
Top