Barebacking?

3rdwhee

Experienced
Joined
Apr 23, 2002
Posts
42
For some reason, I am failing at Googling up anything to satisfy me. So. . . I came here to ask. STD's aside, what are the dangers of barebacking? How serious are they? I'm thinking along the lines of bacterial infections and such.
 
if you are not fluid bonded, barebacking = AIDS (at least play that way to be safe)

if you are fluid bonded barebacking is great if you take the time to keep everything nice and clean. ass to mouth or ass to pussy can be a problem if everything is not kept clean

much longer answers are around - butt this is short and to the point....
 
STEDs are nasty

But HIV and Hep B & C are even nastier...

Putting on my sexuality educator hat now...

STEDs - Sexually Transmitted Enteric Diseases - bacteria from the bowel - somewhat avoidable through hygeine as Shankara suggests

Get vaccinated for Hep A & B, please!!! While most people are not greatly impacted by these infections, many are and you cannot know ahead of time how you will be effected...

Hep C - harder to get but even nastier, causing serious damage to the vast majority of people who contract it and currently there is no vaccine

HIV - is not the easily treatable disease that the drug companies and many folks out there would have you believe... It's still worth protecting oneself against.

Are you a top or bottom or switch? Being on the receiving end of either anal or vaginal sex is much riskier...

Other STD's - they often travel in twos or threes and having one increases your risk of getting another, like HIV. Having HIV can make relatively benign STI's like HSV less so...

And I know the pull - I understand it at the deepest level - there is something we give up - something almost sacred - when we don't exchange body fluids. I also understand grief and survival guilt and the fear that, if gay or a bi man, one will eventually get it anyway so why not just get it over with.

But is it worth the risk? You haven't said what type of relationship you are wanting to bareback within... And therein lies the heart of the matter.

A last thought, you are worthy of love and protection and long life and none of the people I've known in my life who have had HIV (and there have been too many to count on my hands and feet together) has ever felt that what they gained from unprotected sex was worth what they got for it...

WIth great love & concern,
~ Justine
 
Someone once explained that HIV in a human body was like a cup of paint in a swimming pool. Not a lot of course, but still something you don't want to get. Whereas Hep (any type) can be more like a 5 gallon bucket in a swimming pool -- much more of it in the body. So it is MUCH MORE easily contracted from an infected person. (Note also that some people are carriers -- not sick, but can spread it.)

Personally, there is no excuse for anybody not to get Hep A & B vaccinations. At least in America you can get it cheeply at a county health clinic. Also note that Hep contamination isn't limited to anal sex. For instance you can get Hep A from undercooked shell fish.
(I know I was paranoid that someone would find out I was gay if I took these shots. One way I got past that was there was a warning for Hep A & eating shell fish in travel to parts of Italy.) I had travel plans for Italy, so I used that as an excuse when I asked for the shots. However, that was MY own paranoia at the time. They really don't ask questions.

Note that you can get either type A or B of Hep from people who have it who didn't wash their hands when preparing food. Nevertheless, it is something for which there IS a vaccination. So why NOT take vaccination?

As for barebacking, the fact of the matter is any kind of close contact with others humans involves being at risk for something. Even kissing can help pass germs as the mouth is a place with a lot of germs. Even mutual masturbation has its risks. Think of the times you realize later that you had a paper cut you forgot about and you don't realize it until after you feel the sting of his cum -- or the times the guy shot in your eye. (At least I could do that when I was younger.) Or with oral, sure they say saliva kills HIV, but if you bleed after flossing or are prone to that.

What I'm saying is there is risks for just about everything. You have to set what is prudent for you. Most people don't want to live in a glass bubble, so they set the rules that they can feel comfortable with. For me, I took a lot of risks since I started sex some 25 years ago.
My limits were that I stopped bottoming not too long after I started sex, and I never did it that much anyway. Almost all the times I went down on someone it was because it was someone I knew and cared about -- it wasn't something I personally enjoyed. In general, I just never was that much into penises. My main thing was to play with a guy's ass. When I started sex, it was before AIDS, so condoms weren't emphasized. Then with AIDS I got really good at using them. Then I had a regular f-buddy and it took just one time without to remind me just how much better it feels without a condom. After that condom usage was more sporatic.

I did get Ghonorrea twice in the early years before the AIDS scare. Both were definately after going to a bathhouse 1981 or 82 when AIDS really wasn't much thought about in the midwest. (That is why I have said that in another thread that you have to be extra careful in a bathhouse.) I also got a case of scabies again around the same time. It most likely was also from a bathhouse, but I cannot swear to that.
I would just say that these were all before AIDS was in the limlight for this part of the country.

I also had crabs maybe a handfull of times over the years. I could have gotten them anywhere. Condoms won't protect you against crabs. You just have to always make sure to check yourself over. They are more of an embarassment than anything else. Finally, I probably had Nonspecific Urethritis two or three times over the years. This is something you can get from getting bacteria in your tube. It doesnt' have to be due to anal sex, but that is probably the eastiest way to get if you don't clean up and urinate right after sex.

For 20 plus years of LOTS of sex, I'm just glad I never got HIV. I assume that the main reason was because: 1)bottoming really wasn't my thing; 2) giving BJ's really wasn't my thing; & 3)I seldom got BJ's and when I did I made sure they stopped as soon as they started giving a hickey or using their teeth which can lead to broken skin. I would also add that whenever I suspect something, i got it checked out at a county health clinic. Any kind of infection in your tube can make it easier to get another infection (including HIV) -- as well as infect others.

I'm in a very safe position now -- I have someone I love and am committed to. I back that up with sticking to him only. He does the same. (Monogamy isn't as unnatural as a lot of men would like you to believe.) Nevertheless, he's negative; I'm negative. So I don't wear a condom. I would add a couple of things about anal even in a monogamous relationship:

You should make sure the bottom guy is clean anybody, but just to important things to emphasize about that:

1) If you are into rimming -- make sure the guy cleans out before you engage in that. You might not get anything deadly (excluding hepatitus), but I've been told that you can get some annoying germs. I would compare it to drinking water in Mexico perhaps.

2) Always wash your dick off after ANY kind of sex (oral, anal, vaginal) even if you think it is absolute clean. Also, if you can make yourself urinate after you wash your dick, do so. Urine flow will help clear out any bacteria that might have gone up your tube. This isn't about you being at risk for getting something bad. It is just that you CAN get Nonspecific Urethritis if you get any bacteria up your tube. The symptoms are a tiny bit of tingling or burning sensation when you start to urinate. If you have that symptom, get it checked out.
 
I've done bareback before. Just once, though. I loved it when my guy came inside me. It was hot. Risky, but hot.
 
It's only dangerous if your partner has an STD. We both got tested at the beginning of the year. He didn't have it. Neither did I. I'm the only girl in his life. He's the only guy in my life. Exclusivity has its rewards. Can't spread a disease that you don't have. That being said, bareback has become one of our favorite things to do. There's something raw, almost primal/sexual about it. It's not for everyone but I like it. A lot.
 
3rdwhee said:
For some reason, I am failing at Googling up anything to satisfy me. So. . . I came here to ask. STD's aside, what are the dangers of barebacking? How serious are they? I'm thinking along the lines of bacterial infections and such.

I suppose there's a possibility of getting some sort of infection if you're putting your dick in someone's body and never going to wash it again. But if you both keep your parts cleanish, I doubt there's anything major that's going to happen frequently...but I just pulled that answer out of my hat.
 
My BF and I only do bareback. We are monogomous.

We used rubbers for the first few months and then only started barebacking after we were blood and urine tested for EVERYTHING.

We both top and bottom sometimes in the same session...I pull out and slam my ass down on his cock...ride him for a while and then pull out, flip him over and plunge back inside him...*sigh*...and sometimes do ass to mouth.

If you want to get technical, we always 'clean out' with plain water enemas before sex.
 
Like to try

I would love to try anal bareback and feel a guy cum in me. I am a virgin when it comes to anal, at least taking. I have giving anal to my wife alot and always bareback.
 
None of the 2006 posters are around any more, that's what barebacking does for you.
 
None of the 2006 posters are around any more, that's what barebacking does for you.

PredatorSmile returns from time to time thankfully, she is a very bright, open minded and entertaining individual...and gorgeous as well.
 
I would love to try anal bareback and feel a guy cum in me. I am a virgin when it comes to anal, at least taking. I have giving anal to my wife alot and always bareback.

Make sure you KNOW the guy who will bareback you. Remember, there is no cure for HIV only costly meds.
 
Of course it is crazy and irresponsible...but like drinking and driving..you don't set out to it but by the end of the night you might drive when maybe you should not.

Unfortunately, this decision to do it or not is tied to a mood where excitement is peaking and proper decisions are not made. I have in the past, stupid yes, but at least they were with men I know and trust. The regret is there in the morning and I swear I will never do that again..but damn..I do not think straight in that situation.
 
barebacking

I love to bare back. I've been having sex with select men (tops) for years and have always let them bareback me. I enjoy the flesh to flesh feel and when he is approaching an orgasm his cock will swell, his rhythm becomes more intense, the slap, slap of his thighs against me, and his exclamations is like a drug to my senses. Then the warm wet feeling of his cum load inside of me is so exciting I can orgasm myself with out even touching me. I love to be bred like a slut and I have the same experience when I am performing orally on a man. The taste of a cum load is so exciting I will cum all over myself. MMMMMMM I luv it!!!!!:kiss::rose:
 
For some reason, I am failing at Googling up anything to satisfy me. So. . . I came here to ask. STD's aside, what are the dangers of barebacking? How serious are they? I'm thinking along the lines of bacterial infections and such.


rectal issue...cancer is one.

or the long low slow AIDS related Death. Positives for HIV in San Francisco has risen 36% in 2013, up 12% from 2012.*

*This is also in conjunction with 'Party n Play' the massive increase usage of methamphetamine...

Is it really worth taking that chance...if your just out playing the game. Be safe..
 
Last edited:
rectal issue...cancer is one.

or the long low slow AIDS related Death. Positives for HIV in San Francisco has risen 36% in 2013, up 12% from 2012.*

*This is also in conjunction with 'Party n Play' the massive increase usage of methamphetamine...

Is it really worth taking that chance...if your just out playing the game. Be safe..

+1 good advise
 
For some reason, I am failing at Googling up anything to satisfy me. So. . . I came here to ask. STD's aside, what are the dangers of barebacking? How serious are they? I'm thinking along the lines of bacterial infections and such.

keep everything clean and enjoy .
 
For some reason, I am failing at Googling up anything to satisfy me. So. . . I came here to ask. STD's aside, what are the dangers of barebacking? How serious are they? I'm thinking along the lines of bacterial infections and such.

what about being instantly addicted to it, or perhaps to the person that made you feel so good? that could be pretty serious.
 
I love to bare back. I've been having sex with select men (tops) for years and have always let them bareback me. I enjoy the flesh to flesh feel and when he is approaching an orgasm his cock will swell, his rhythm becomes more intense, the slap, slap of his thighs against me, and his exclamations is like a drug to my senses. Then the warm wet feeling of his cum load inside of me is so exciting I can orgasm myself with out even touching me. I love to be bred like a slut and I have the same experience when I am performing orally on a man. The taste of a cum load is so exciting I will cum all over myself. MMMMMMM I luv it!!!!!:kiss::rose:

that is just very hot
 
Back
Top