Decadents and Dropouts IC

Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss got closer and now saw the shells and the seaweed on the womans body. Although she had never seen such a creature, she knew enough to have an idea what this creature was. She tried to pull Zaehn back into the river, but let him go and slided into the water. Phyliss moved fast now, she had to save the halfelf. While she kept alert if the seamaid (or what it was) should approach suddenly, she focused on Zaehl. He was still alive, but badly injured and unconscious. She saw the injuries from the bolts. She pulled them out and released a healing spell on him. She saw and felt that it worked, what probably saved his life. But still, he was senseless yet. She was sure he would recover, but she would not be able to carry him back to the boat. Where were the others? Sureley Gryph or Tronfur should follow her? She looked around.
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor flinched at Phyliss`s shout, but before he could explain, Phyliss ran off. He sighed, wonderng when all this running and crazyness would end. He followed her to her distination on the shore. He prepared himself to cast a spell should any threat present itself.
 
Phyliss Ovida

No doubt, Zaehn was to heavy for her, so she just rested him in her arms and wait. Finally she saw Tronfur approaching.
"Take care, there is a naiad somewhere in the water. But Zaehl is alive - i helaed him so far as I could. But you must help me carry him back."
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor smiled then walked over to Zaehl. Trunfor bent down, nodded at the sea creature, and picked Zaehl up.
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss was relieved as Tronfur picked the haldeld up. "Better take him back quick. We get sailing right away, until Skandölf finds a safe place to stay." Phyliss turned back to the water, not sure what to make of the naiad. "Thank you." she said, and quickly caught up with Tronfur.
 
Naunet

The Sea Ghost slinked back further into the water, but the view of those on shore were well within her sights. Now there was two of them and that posed a bigger problem. There was no way to claim what was rightfully hers, even if they were showing no signs of wanting to harm the humanoid Naunet had saved. A part of her wanted to trek back onto shore and with a heated glare, pull him back into the waters with her. 'That's mine!' She almost screamed out loud but covered her mouth with both of her glacial hands and kept as silent and still as she could muster.

Naunet glared at the mention of her hiding spot, she was not a naiad! Those women were an evil bunch of thieves who sung songs to lure sailors to their deaths. She grimaced at the thought, there were a few she had met in her lifetime and they were not as nice as they appeared, no manners at all. It wasn't the serpent haired woman's fault for not knowing what she was as Sea Ghosts were rare especially after the poisoning of their home. It was then that Naunet realized that this is truly where the humanoid belonged. They were taking care of him, going to carry him somewhere safe, quite possibly the boat that the two came from. They couldn't be ALL bad.... But just to be on the safe side, she was going to follow along, stick closely to the bottom of the ship while still in earshot of the people on board. They did thank her, for what, she had not yet discovered....
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor followed Phyliss back to the boat while still carrying Zaehl over his shoulder. Trunfor hope that he would be able to finally get some sleep and time to read his spellbook and update his journal about all that had happened.
 
Phyliss Ovida
Phyliss went on board after Tronfur. "Skandölf, we will leave. Drive until you find a place that looks safe to stay for the night. And someone gets dry clothes for Zaehn... He will be hungry when he wakes up, but I guess we all are, after this evil interruption..." She went ove rto the improvised table, where the food and wine still stood. She lit the candles again. "Nobody spoils my party."
 
-Z-

Phyliss' healing spell managed to stop most of the bleeding, but any spot that had enough of the poison melt off from the bolt head on to it was unaffected by the magic. At least now Z would not quickly bleed to death. The bolt that went in his chest had gone under his ribcage and angled up to puncture his lung. The muscle and rear ribs kept that shot from going through, but that was not a good thing. The bolt heads the hunters used were designed to do more damage when they were removed than going in. The shot that ripped his knee apart had penetrated both sides, and stuck out in the back almost as much as the front.

It wouldn't take a master healer or herbalist to tell he had some form of poison, as his skin was going white and every vein in his body was turning black, spreading out from the two wounds. The veins on his neck were slowly turning black and spreading up to his head. Whatever had poisoned him, it was obviously some form of powerful and very specific paralyzing agent. It had a caustic acid effect on the wounds it caused as well, since there was damage spreading out from the spot the bolts had hit, almost like the poison had dissolved pieces of his insides around the wound. It didn't seem to be spreading, and the wounds were clearly cauterized.

By now, a white and milky film had formed over his eyes and every breath he took was a slow and struggled wheeze. Z's lips were moving ever so slightly, but there was nothing audible coming out.

Z's crossbow was a little banged up, but not broken aside from the snapped draw string, and his bandoleer and belt pouch, although drenched, had every pocket still sealed tight. The backpack he had would be extremely heavy by now. The linen, wool and leather clothes he had for Zaeel were stuffed in there and completely soaked. Two leather books were ruined, as every page's ink had run completely off. The other thing in his backpack seemed to be completely fine. A decent sized satchel made out of a smooth and springy gray material was wet, but the water just rolled right off of the surface. It was secured with several straps made of the same material, and there was another satchel right inside it made of the same material, then a third identical one. Whatever Z kept inside the third satchel, he wanted it protected from the elements.
 
Gryph

He had decided to guard the boat until Phyliis and Trunfor returned, he was withing ear shot and would not take too much time to go help them if trouble did pop up. He heard something about a naiad and frownde, he had thought that they were just salt water creatures, but stranger things have happened before.

When Phyliss and Trunfor returned with the doppelganger it was clear that there was something wrong. He could remember that he had seen symptoms like this before, not exactly the same but something like it.

"Phyliss we need to get him help, he have been poisoned and if we don't get it out of his system he will not be able to move or talk until the poison have worn off."
 
Phyliss Ovida

Skandölf had steered the cog into the river again, but was sailing very slow. Maybe it was really tricky to go on in the darkness. Phyliss had met many captains in the merchant houses, and listened to their tales. One said tat it was really dangerous to drive during night, but Skandölf should take care of that. She was more concerned about Zaehn. Her healing spell had worked, but he was still senseless. She could figure out that he was poisoned; baldie was responsible. The day started so good, and then some intolerant, brutish idiots did spoil it. She was not sure what to do about it. No one was a medic here. She had some healing potions between her flasks and clothes, but what could they do if here magic didn't help. "Does anyone know anything about treatment of poisoning?" she asked rather helpless.
"I do." said Skandölf. He steered the cog to the shore know, probably happy to stop now. "Colin, you do the mooring. Get one of the men to help you." The old sailor walked forward, while the gorgon held the halfelf in her arms. He took a look at Zahn, then he started to check his pockets. "I need a candle. Maybe he has something with him to help." Phyliss got up and fetched the candleholder. While Skandölf checked the bottles, she tried to suckle the poison out. But despite her efforts, the posion was already spread over his body.
"It is a paralytic poison, for sure, but not a common one, I think. Maybe mixed up extra for him." Skandölf smelled and even tasted carefully some of the bottles. He could not make that much of them, but one looked promising, or at least he guessed it would do him no harm. He gave him a little of it.
 
Last edited:
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor watched helplessly as the evets unfolded before him. It was a good thing that the sailor, Skandolf had been able to take care of the problem.

Trunfor sighed and walked over to the railing, wanting to be alone with his thought. A lot had appened today and it waas almost too much for him to process. Suddenly he felt like they were being watched and followed.

Trunfor looked out at the water, but didn`t see anything. It was probably nothing.
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss had stopped sucking on Zaehn. It was no help. She looked to Skandölf.
"All we can do now is wait. This substance here looks, smells and tastes like an antidot we used to treat injuries from poisoned darts that one infamous tribe used. I think it might have a llittle effect already."
Phyliss hoped that the sailor was right. She had healed the open wounds of the halfel - or doppelgaenger - so far. She stood up and put the candle back. So much for the nice supper she had planned. She suddenly had the urge to cry, but pulled herself together. Nobody else did cry here, and she was the captain. She looked around. Colin was busy doing some work with the ropes and the sail, Gryph close to him, maybe he already had learned something to help; maybe he was just curious or it was coincidence. She saw Tronfur standing alone on the railing. Now she renembered she yelled at him and felt sorry. Maybe she was to harsh, but sometimes she got impulsive. She moved over to him silently, and touched his arm carefully.
 
Trunfor looked over at Phyliss when she touched his arm.. He smiled at her, "Hey Phyliss, how are you?"
 
Gryph

Of course learning how to work on a boat would come in handy later on, so Gryph took the time to watch Collin. He thought about what a weird combination it would be to see them together, a dwarf and towering half-dragon. He smiled to himself and continued to watch and learn, he smelled her before he could see her and he straightened up.

"Relic and Haerdon, what are you two up to?"

What intrigued him was that it seemed that Haerdon was all tied up and in his underwear, this brought a grin to his face, but of course it could also be a trap. He took hold of the hilt of his sword and drew it, the sound made Collin look at him and then in the direction that Gryph was looking in. All he saw was two distant figures.
 
Phyliss Ovida

"Ohh, I am sad. The day started fin and I thought we would have a little party, and then these.. filthy, mean bastards turn up and spell everything. I although feel sorry for Zaehn, who got into all this."
 
Trunfor Blackhear

Trunfor`s smile vanished as Phyliss spoke. He felt sad at her words. He looked into her eyes and spoke, "I know. It`s been a crazy day. All this fighting and betrayal and confusion I.. I feel so stressed from it."

He grabbed her hand and held it in his, "At least your here. You and Gryph are the only friends I have left."
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor smiled at her, "You don`t need to be sorry. I was just a tense and stressful moment for all of us." He caressed her arm in a comforting and reassuring manner.
 
Phylis Ovida

Phyliss looked aroun, nobody was watching them. Then she bent over and gave Tronfur a quick kiss on the mouth.
 
Trunfor felt happiness and pride swell within him as Phyliss kissed him. As she ended, Trunfor looked into her eyes with eagerness and joy. He wanted nothing more tan to continue, but didn`t want to push her too far and not in front of everyone.
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss grinned. She knew that Gryph said he would not care, and she believed that he would never interfer, but she was never sure if it would upset him. But - they had to live all togther, didn't they? She decided one more could do no harm, and returned the treatment.
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor smiled as Phyliss continued. He felt pride swell within him along with a strange feeling. He quickly broke the kiss and spoke, "Umm... are you... wanting to... uhh... where..." Trunfor was unsure if she was thinking what he was thinking.
 
Back
Top