Help me figure out a problem with this site

Tryharder62

Keep Believing
NO IT'S NOT THAT PROBLEM!!!!!:eek:

I have been having trouble when I go to reply to a post. I know that if it takes you a long time to formulate your reply it will log you out and you need to log back in. I try to prevent that by previewing my post and that helps. I never had trouble logging back in unless I mis-typed my user name or password. When I logged back in what I wrote would still be there. Now every time I have to log back in I lose everything I wrote. The portion that I quoted from the person and my response. It always says that my response is not long enough. (Or worded something like that).
Anyone else having that problem? Suggestions?

I don't want you to miss my words of wisdom. LOL :D

Several things:

Open your word processing program and write your reply there. Copy and paste it into the reply box once you're done with it. DON'T open the reply box on Lit before you're ready or you can get logged off. This cuts down the time the reply box is open to almost nothing, hence no log off.

Log offs can be eliminated by clicking the "stay logged on" button and not using the "ghost" method of browsing the forum in your CP. Of course that also means others will know you're on line so...

The "your reply is not long enough" warning is probably because you typed your response inside the quoted area. You can add any 4 characters outside the quote box and you'll be fine. Like this:

NO IT'S NOT THAT PROBLEM!!!!!

I have been having trouble when I go to reply to a post. I know that if it takes you a long time to formulate your reply it will log you out and you need to log back in. I try to prevent that by previewing my post and that helps. I never had trouble logging back in unless I mis-typed my user name or password. When I logged back in what I wrote would still be there. Now every time I have to log back in I lose everything I wrote. The portion that I quoted from the person and my response. It always says that my response is not long enough. (Or worded something like that).

I don't want you to miss my words of wisdom. LOL

Sure, just ask and we'll try to help

You can use periods instead of numbers or letters, just use 4 of them. ....

BUT usually whenever I insert a discussion regarding different portions of someone's quote I will leave the last response for outside the box. Where the numbers are in the above example.

Or I will just break the quote into manageable parts:

NO IT'S NOT THAT PROBLEM!!!!!

Uh, what problem are you talking about? The flea infestation in Rotodom's helmet? Or something else?

Try a highlight and copy before you hit the reply button. That way if you lose your golden prose, you can just paste it in again.

I don't want you to miss my words of wisdom. LOL

Breathlessly awaiting your enlightenment.

So, there you go, lots of ways to handle the forum software when it gives you issues like this.

There's also a Technical Forum where you can put questions like this. Not that we're against what you asked, it just takes away from the mud-slinging, personal attacks, trolling, and scat fights. It doesn't take away from discussing Rotodom's flea problem because no one wants to talk about that. :)

Last edited:
Go to Stories & Pictures. At the top login, same as your regular login, now you will never be logged out until you manually log out.

When you log in check the box to the right of your username and password boxes.

Thank you all so much! I will try your suggestions, now back to the mud slinging;)

Just out of curiosity, what browser ‘n OS are you using?

Back