I hate it when . . .

IHIW being "nice" means finishing out of the race. Maybe I just need to be a dickhead or a tortured artist or something. But then a "faux me" goes against my nature, and makes me pissed at myself for not just being "me", so I guess I'll just settle for being "nice".

IHIW I think too much.

(I got a two-fer in one post. Yay me.)

[snip]

Bottom line, as I read your initial post and the subsequent back and forth bickering between you and others I have to wonder...at what point does this all become a waste of YOUR time?

Answer: Never. I only cruise through here when I have nothing better to do, so it's not like I'm missing out on doing something important.

This is why I have less than one post per day after seven years on Lit and some other people have over 20,000 posts in a few months. (I'm exaggerating, but I do see some post counts that are so high I can only believe they are on Lit 25 hours a day.)

I wish men would stop complaining about how being nice gets them nowhere. Being self depreciating gets them nowhere.

I know plenty of nice guys who have had their share of chicks (my husband included) - they just have a little confidence and perseverance (which funnily enough, is what the assholes have too).

I wish men would stop complaining about how being nice gets them nowhere. Being self depreciating gets them nowhere.

I know plenty of nice guys who have had their share of chicks (my husband included) - they just have a little confidence and perseverance (which funnily enough, is what the assholes have too).

I've thought about what I posted earlier and a clarification might be in order. I wasn't grousing about something as mundane as being rejected as a cyber/fuck buddy; it was in reference to a situation in which I had invested 5+ years. I think 5 years pretty much covers the "perseverance" issue. As far as "confidence" is concerned, I don't think I would have spent that much time and energy if I wasn't reasonably confident the relationship would continue to grow and develop. In all candor, I feel a bit foolish by being a little too trusting on a couple of things and her lack of honesty is somewhat disheartening, but hindsight is 20/20, as they say. I'll move on. :)

I appreciate your comments, Firebrain, and agree with what you said. I wasn't trying to pick up chicks by a "woe is me" post, just trying for a bit of catharsis by venting in a public forum. Was just looking at things from a slightly different perspective than it may have appeared on the surface. :rose:

Last edited:
I hate it when...

You are with three women in bed and the worst looking one says "Save it for me!"

Yeah okay a very old line from Jim Carrey...

My actual IHIW is... IHIW your partner has a sexual indescression (read affair) and rather than admit it, hides it first, denies it second, then blames it on you when you find out!...

I've thought about what I posted earlier and a clarification might be in order. I wasn't grousing about something as mundane as being rejected as a cyber/fuck buddy; it was in reference to a situation in which I had invested 5+ years. I think 5 years pretty much covers the "perseverance" issue. As far as "confidence" is concerned, I don't think I would have spent that much time and energy if I wasn't reasonably confident the relationship would continue to grow and develop. In all candor, I feel a bit foolish by being a little too trusting on a couple of things and her lack of honesty is somewhat disheartening, but hindsight is 20/20, as they say. I'll move on. :)

I appreciate your comments, Firebrain, and agree with what you said. I wasn't trying to pick up chicks by a "woe is me" post, just trying for a bit of catharsis by venting in a public forum. Was just looking at things from a slightly different perspective than it may have appeared on the surface. :rose:

Please please tell me you have learned that five years is way too long to hang around for someone!

Please please tell me you have learned that five years is way too long to hang around for someone!

Wasn't exactly hanging around waiting on her... Things were nice and relaxed and fun. Not a waste of time by any stretch of imagination. Just had some expectations for some changes at a certain point and when that point came, the changes didn't. It's complicated, as most of these things tend to be so I won't get into it all. I learned a few things from it, yes, but I don't regret the time I spent. Only that it didn''t work out the way I had hoped. I didn't win the Super Bowl, but I got to play in the big game and that's more than some people can say. She's a hell of a woman. :rose:

My little rant the other night helped me focus and did prove to be cathartic. I'm good. She's a hell of a woman, but I ain't exactly chopped liver, IMHO. :D

Life is all about the journey, right? Learning and loving along the way. (hmmm.... maybe I need to use that as my sig....)

IHIW the last few people to message me 'coincidentally' post on the Currently Masturbating thread at the same time.

I feel so cheap [sob]

IHIW the last few people to message me 'coincidentally' post on the Currently Masturbating thread at the same time.

I feel so cheap [sob]

IHIW when some guy who is a loser makes a lady sad. :rose:

My actual IHIW is... IHIW your partner has a sexual indescression (read affair) and rather than admit it, hides it first, denies it second, then blames it on you when you find out!...[/QUOTE]

I second that!

this is for the bullshitters in the world...
I fucking hate it when I catch someone telling a lie, and they don't understand my disappointment or get shitty after they get caught. Its not like Im going to give someone kudos for creative embellishment... I just cannot stand fucking liars, I would rather read a book.

I hate it when the dish guy says they will be there between 12 and 5

Back