The 2016 Presidential Election Results Thread

I might have been gone a while. What happened to vette? :confused:
 
The odds of a popular vote/electoral vote split are looking much larger all of a sudden.
 
I hope Florida decides the winner.....after several recounts and a Supreme Court decision lol.
 
The odds of a Trump White House with a Republican Senate AND House are even more likely.

HOLY SHIT!


Why do you care so much about another country's election? I think I've mentioned Stephen Harper's name once in 15 years at Lit, including this one.
 
The song Better Man by Pearl Jam, know how Eddie Vedder smooshes the syllables together when he sings the "better man" part?

Well, sometimes when I see someone here type vetteman that song plays in my head.

"She dreams in color, she dreams in red, can't find a vetteman"
 
I was surprised in the days leading up to this that I started to experience genuine emotional distress. I don't mean it to be as histrionic as it sounds and I imagine there are a number of contributing factors, but this election has been long, weird, and upsetting. It is difficult to reconcile my belief that most people are generally good and want the best for each other with the knowledge that tens of millions of people are going to walk into a voting booth today and darken the circle next to Donald Trump's name (or not vote at all - lookin @ you brogressives) and feel they are making the right decision with all of their hearts, their brains similarly stumbling over the calculations about how anyone might feel otherwise.

Aware of this, I made a conscious decision to insulate myself in from breathless media coverage and incessant media chatter because knowing the most or knowing first isn't going to change anything at the end of the day. I made an attempt to keep my day busy and spent downtime deliberately with beautiful music in the background. I refused to lose a day to the madness.

That said. It's 8:30pm. I (mostly) lasted all day, and I'm drinking now. Time to watch this baby go down in flames and hope I don't hate myself (or everyone else) in the morning.

Dearest past self: wrong call.
 
Why do you care so much about another country's election? I think I've mentioned Stephen Harper's name once in 15 years at Lit, including this one.

The same reason Australia is playing the US election live for the first time ever...when you're a mouse next to a sleeping elephant you know every time it rolls over.
 
It looks like Clinton is probably going to pull out Virginia. Her problem is the states that weren't supposed to be close which are.

If the Dems lose, there are going to be a lot of recriminations about the amount of time that they spent in Ohio (which doesn't look like it's going to be all that close, sadly) and the almost total ignoring of Minnesota and Wisconsin.

Those are just the recriminations re campaign strategy.
 
CwyYvorXcAEi6V5.jpg


Spotted on stage in NYC...no doubt has a future in the Trump Presidential Library.
 
Dearest past self: wrong call.



Trump getting this far was already proof that a whole lot more people than I realized are nuttier than Grandma's fruitcake.

I usually don't care if marks get taken to the cleaners, which would clearly happen in a Trump presidency, but I'm along for the ride, unfortunately.
 
Well Ohio is a constant disappointment in these things. So we are counting on Florida to do the right thing.
 
4 in the morning here and the fat lady don't seem to sing for quite a bit yet.

I'm out. Enjoy the clusterfuck.
 
Back
Top