bourbon balls

neci

flagged
i want your favorite recipes. this is one of my favorites. it comes via southern living (the best place for recipes other than grandma‘s cookbook.)

• 1 (11-oz.) package vanilla wafers, finely crushed
  • 1 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
  • 3/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
  • 1/2 cup bourbon
  • 2 1/2 Tbsp. light corn syrup
  • Powdered sugar

combine wafers, pecans, powdered sugar and cocoa.

mix bourbon (or rum or whatever) with corn syrup. combine with dry ingredients.

roll into balls. roll balls in powdered sugar.

makes about 3 dozen.

*i have made this with walnuts as well. extra wafers could be substituted for nut allergies.

*do not try to add more bourbon. this is like baking. ratios are important. drink it or double the recipe.

oh my word, i can feel the pounds piling on just reading this thread... :eek:

btw, sounds fab-U-lous! 'specially with the nuts.

made the cheeseball today but i can't tell the actual amounts... it was by eye:

one pack of room temp cream cheese
maybe 3-4 ozs queso velveeta
a bit more 4-5 ozs reg velveeta
a few handfuls (or more to taste preferences) of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
3 thinly sliced green onions (spring onions, to brits)
a small jar of drained chopped pimentos
3/4 of a hot green chili from a can (about an inch and a half?), chopped
enough toasted sliced almonds to cover the entire ball

mix everything except the almonds, till a uniform colour and flavour with bits of veggies in

form into roughly a ball shape in bowl

turn out onto a pastry sheet (or whatever) with a layer of almonds on

continue to form into ball, adding more almonds and rolling it about to cover entire surface. You can use chopped walnuts, they're just as good imo.

wrap with cling film (saran wrap) and set in fridge to chill up.

I love a good cheese ball! the world needs more cheese balls. truth be told, i’ve never made a cheese ball. i remember my mom making them with cream cheese and shredded cheddar. i should call her for her recipe.

I love a good cheese ball! the world needs more cheese balls. truth be told, i’ve never made a cheese ball. i remember my mom making them with cream cheese and shredded cheddar. i should call her for her recipe.
can't go wrong with a big cheeseball :D they're good with bacon bits (inside or out), pineapple, and anything you really enjoy that pairs well with cheese, even ham!

I like single ingredient bourbon balls molded in a shot glass. 😉

(I like the kind you're talking about, too, but I have no recipes to share. Only a love of bourbon.)

can't go wrong with a big cheeseball :D they're good with bacon bits (inside or out), pineapple, and anything you really enjoy that pairs well with cheese, even ham!
pineapple?! i could go for a smoked salmon, dill, cream cheese and cracker ball right about now.

i’ll be back tomorrow for more recipes. this dish is just about done.

pineapple?! i could go for a smoked salmon, dill, cream cheese and cracker ball right about now.

i’ll be back tomorrow for more recipes. this dish is just about done.
I happen to have a can (half flat size) of smoked salmon that's going to be made into a chip dip on Thursday. No dill, but both cream cheese and sour cream will be used. Depending on the fish, a little garlic and onion powder will go into the dip. And salt, if the fish isn't salty.

I happen to have a can (half flat size) of smoked salmon that's going to be made into a chip dip on Thursday. No dill, but both cream cheese and sour cream will be used. Depending on the fish, a little garlic and onion powder will go into the dip. And salt, if the fish isn't salty.
That sounds delightful. I have a hankering for more dips. I’m about to run to the grocery store and I just need to commit before my list is a mile long.

i want your favorite recipes. this is one of my favorites. it comes via southern living (the best place for recipes other than grandma‘s cookbook.)

• 1 (11-oz.) package vanilla wafers, finely crushed
  • 1 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
  • 3/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
  • 1/2 cup bourbon
  • 2 1/2 Tbsp. light corn syrup
  • Powdered sugar

combine wafers, pecans, powdered sugar and cocoa.

mix bourbon (or rum or whatever) with corn syrup. combine with dry ingredients.

roll into balls. roll balls in powdered sugar.

makes about 3 dozen.

*i have made this with walnuts as well. extra wafers could be substituted for nut allergies.

*do not try to add more bourbon. this is like baking. ratios are important. drink it or double the recipe.
I have the same recipe!

I know you have some good meat rub recipes. Share, cowboy! Share!
It depends on the meat that's being rubbed.
And my mood.
Sometimes savory.
Sometimes sweet
Sometimes spicy.
Sometimes all three.

Back