🎂🍪I like Big Sweets and Cannot Lie: The Index of Sweet Culinary Temptations🍩🍫

JustAnotherFlower

In The Garden
🎂🍪I like Big Sweets and Cannot Lie: The Index of Sweet Culinary Temptations🍩🍫

The title says it all- here's the thread for sharing your most treasured sweet recipes!

For those wishing a more savory recipe, visit the Weeknight Dinner Thread.

In honor of October....

Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing

Ingredients:

Dough:
4 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1 tbsp pumpkin spice
2/3 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup butter
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1 tbsp Rapid Rise Instant Yeast
3/4 cup half & half, warmed to 110-115F (or substitute with milk)

Filling:
1 1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup butter, (melted)
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp pumpkin spice
1/4 tsp of nutmeg

Frosting:
8 oz cream cheese, (softened (left out on the counter))
1 cup powdered sugar, (more or less to your sweet tooth taste)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2-3 tbsp half & half, (or milk)

Instructions:
In a glass measuring cup, combine instant yeast with warmed half-n-half (or milk). Make sure the liquid is between 110-115 degrees F. Check the directions on the back of the yeast package to see the exact temperature for that yeast product, to be mixed with liquids.

To a mixer or bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, pumpkin spice, pumpkin puree, butter, salt, and eggs. (Make sure your mixer can handle a big load.. *rimshot* 😏 My aging Kitchen Aid mixer could barely handle this recipe.)

Combine the milk and yeast mixture with the rest of the dough ingredients and run mixer (or hand mix) for 5-7 minutes to form a ball of dough.

Cover the mixing bowl with plastic wrap. Leave dough to rise for 1 hour or until it is approximately twice it's size. (Make sure leave the bowl in a warm spot. Have a cold kitchen? Warm water in the microwave- presto! You have a warm, dark hideyhole for the yeast to work their magic.)

When ready, preheat oven to 400 degrees F and spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick spray. Lightly flour your countertop to roll.
Roll the dough out into a 16" x 22" rectangle that is approximately 1/4" thick (if you have a pastry mat it'll make this step much easier.)

Coat with the melted butter from edge to edge, covering completely. Sprinkle with brown sugar, cinnamon, and pumpkin spice all over, from edge to edge.

Carefully roll the longer bottom edge to the top edge, so that the roll is approximately 22" long. Start by slicing down the center, creating two halves. Then slice down the center of those halves, and so forth. I find it's easier to get more consistently even slices this way. You should have 12 rolls total. (I always end up with 15...)

Place each roll into the prepared baking dish and bake 15-20 minutes. I found they were perfect at 15 minutes, but I like mine a teensy bit gooey. Check at 15 minutes. (At 15 minutes the centers to be a bit too gooey- I would shoot for 17 minutes.)

While the cinnamon rolls are cooling, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and half-n-half into a mixing bowl. Add the half-n-half 1 tablespoon at a time. Some may like their frosting thick, while some may like it more thinned out.

Spread the frosting over the top of the rolls, making sure to cover each one thoroughly.

No Spread Sugar Cookies

Ingredients

1 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature (226g)
1 cup sugar (200g)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 large egg
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (315g)
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt

Instructions

Combine butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer (or in a large bowl and use an electric hand mixer) and beat until creamy and well-combined.

Add egg and vanilla extract and beat until completely combined.

In a separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.

Gradually add dry ingredients into wet until completely combined.

Lay out a large piece of plastic wrap and transfer approximately half of the dough onto the wrap (dough will be quite sticky at this point, that's OK!).

Cover with clear wrap and mold into a disk. Repeat with remaining cookie dough in another piece of cling wrap. Transfer dough to refrigerator and chill for at least 2-3 hours

Once dough has finished chilling, preheat oven to 350F (175C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.

Generously dust a clean surface with flour and deposit one chilled cookie dough disk onto the surface. Lightly flour the dough and roll out to 1/8" (for thinner, crispier cookies) or 1/4" (for thicker, softer cookies). Continue to add flour as needed both on top of and beneath the dough so that it doesn't stick.
Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes and use a spatula to transfer shapes to prepared baking sheet.

Bake on 350F (175C) for 9-10 minutes, or until edges just begin to turn lightly golden brown.

Allow cookies to cool completely on cookie sheet before moving and frosting.

Back