As The Hospital Pervs

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a tablespoon of gas in my car.
The Paramedics are out fast and loud.

And I'm ready to blast my body with adrenalin and coffee.
It's a burning box of tissues.

So will you be wearing thigh his' or pantyhose ?

What's shaking? I am going errand-ing. :)

Waiting for a fricken update to download and it is literally taking hours. Our computer contracted something which is preventing automatic downloading of updates for its antiviral so now son and I spend most of our evening doing it manually. It's tedious.

Thanks for the help with my friend. She's doing better.

I noticed you warfarin note (my dad was on bucket loads of it for years and used to poison rats with his extras). Do you get patients hurling with heparin much? I had is some years ago post surgical and every shot I barfed.

Waiting for a fricken update to download and it is literally taking hours. Our computer contracted something which is preventing automatic downloading of updates for its antiviral so now son and I spend most of our evening doing it manually. It's tedious.

Thanks for the help with my friend. She's doing better.

I noticed you warfarin note (my dad was on bucket loads of it for years and used to poison rats with his extras). Do you get patients hurling with heparin much? I had is some years ago post surgical and every shot I barfed.
Sounds like a computer nightmare.
I am glad your friend is doing better. :heart:

Yes, I used to call myself the 'Princess of Anticoagulation.' and sing: 'I'm gonna thin your blood out, yes I will, yes I will.' So here: have a warm blanket! lol

That is funny about the rats, Warfarin got its start as rat poison. I am not sure what maniac decided to try it on humans.

I have the bridge speech of intravenous heparin to oral warfarin down like an automatic robot. The patient always asks: Why do I need this intravenous heparin and warfarin? It takes a few days for warfarin to reach a therapeutic level and we bridge with heparin which is fast acting and has a very short half life.

I got my start on cardiac telemetry where anticoagulation is the treatment for: atrial fibrillation, stroke, and heart attack, valve replacement or blood clots.

Every patient is on intravenous heparin titrated every four or six hours based on the PTT. I feel like a monkey getting blue top tubes and checking coags and titrating. Titrating: we are going up, and we are going down with the drip drip drip. It becomes very musical when all your patients are thinning.

I am a big fan of blood thinners. We have on hand: heparin, warfarin, plavix, aspirin, eptifibatide, argatroban, lovenox.

And while the side effects can be severe: don't fall down and hit your head, or don't ever forget the big belly bleed (it smells like something ya just can't forget and you are like oh shit!)...... Can I get a type and cross match stat cause I think we just lost at least 2 units!

It can be hard for the outpatient but I like to say: all bleeding can be stopped or replaced but stroke damage is often permanent.

Take your chances world! I don't keep track of my stats but I can't begin to describe the report:

Pt complained of inability to speak, weakness on one side, brought to the ER. MRI reveals acute CVA. ECG: Rapid Atrial Fibrillation. Pt was on Warfarin at home. INR level on admit: SUB-THERAPEUTIC. Dingo there you go. There goes another preventable stroke. The heart mind connection. I see it every day.

I can get cranky inside: take the fucking warfarin, damn it. I don't want to see you here next year with a fucking stroke. *i know it is hard to manage but please with my small voice inside.
---

I have never seen a patient puke from heparin injection subcutaneous or intravenous. Was it the injection or the heparin that caused you to hurl? I have seen platelets tank down to near nothing rapidly, and we call this heparin induced thrombocytopenia, or HIT for short. When this happens we use an alternative thinner such as argatroban.

I could go on and on about this! :heart: I once won a nice pair of trauma shears for a DVT prevention contest featuring the drug: LOVEnox. All patients, especially post operative should be on DVT prophylaxis, they will all get the shot of heparin or lovenox, and that is low dose. For the cardiac and stroke patients: they are getting the heavy duty blood thin job. And I love it. :heart:

Forget the man nurse. Go for the the man with the chainsaw.
arborist_tdi.jpg

Dear Doctor says: what about Motley Crüe? I'm like: Girls Girls Girls, except I'm singing: Pills pills pills at the sick house in blah blah blah blah.

Do you have any potassium iodide left at the hospital? 8)

I've been searching the web for info on it, but I cannot seem to find dosage for adults. How much how many times a day for how long?

Do you have any potassium iodide left at the hospital? 8)

I've been searching the web for info on it, but I cannot seem to find dosage for adults. How much how many times a day for how long?

Hello. We use potassium chloride and the dosage depends on how low the potassium level is. I need more details.
The body requires Kcl 40 meQ/day usually via food.

:)

Hahaha! Man nurse! I love it! Family comes asking complicated questions about his patient. I started answering for him so he could work. He stopped writing and took over.

Is there anything better than finding this at your door in a brown box when you get home from work?
tiffany-blue-box.jpg

hhmmm
was there a blowjob in there? cuz otherwise i'm not seeing the greatness of a little blue box...

Sounds like a computer nightmare.
I am glad your friend is doing better. :heart:

Yes, I used to call myself the 'Princess of Anticoagulation.' and sing: 'I'm gonna thin your blood out, yes I will, yes I will.' So here: have a warm blanket! lol

That is funny about the rats, Warfarin got its start as rat poison. I am not sure what maniac decided to try it on humans.

I have the bridge speech of intravenous heparin to oral warfarin down like an automatic robot. The patient always asks: Why do I need this intravenous heparin and warfarin? It takes a few days for warfarin to reach a therapeutic level and we bridge with heparin which is fast acting and has a very short half life.

I got my start on cardiac telemetry where anticoagulation is the treatment for: atrial fibrillation, stroke, and heart attack, valve replacement or blood clots.

Every patient is on intravenous heparin titrated every four or six hours based on the PTT. I feel like a monkey getting blue top tubes and checking coags and titrating. Titrating: we are going up, and we are going down with the drip drip drip. It becomes very musical when all your patients are thinning.

I am a big fan of blood thinners. We have on hand: heparin, warfarin, plavix, aspirin, eptifibatide, argatroban, lovenox.

And while the side effects can be severe: don't fall down and hit your head, or don't ever forget the big belly bleed (it smells like something ya just can't forget and you are like oh shit!)...... Can I get a type and cross match stat cause I think we just lost at least 2 units!

It can be hard for the outpatient but I like to say: all bleeding can be stopped or replaced but stroke damage is often permanent.

Take your chances world! I don't keep track of my stats but I can't begin to describe the report:

Pt complained of inability to speak, weakness on one side, brought to the ER. MRI reveals acute CVA. ECG: Rapid Atrial Fibrillation. Pt was on Warfarin at home. INR level on admit: SUB-THERAPEUTIC. Dingo there you go. There goes another preventable stroke. The heart mind connection. I see it every day.

I can get cranky inside: take the fucking warfarin, damn it. I don't want to see you here next year with a fucking stroke. *i know it is hard to manage but please with my small voice inside.
---

I have never seen a patient puke from heparin injection subcutaneous or intravenous. Was it the injection or the heparin that caused you to hurl? I have seen platelets tank down to near nothing rapidly, and we call this heparin induced thrombocytopenia, or HIT for short. When this happens we use an alternative thinner such as argatroban.

I could go on and on about this! :heart: I once won a nice pair of trauma shears for a DVT prevention contest featuring the drug: LOVEnox. All patients, especially post operative should be on DVT prophylaxis, they will all get the shot of heparin or lovenox, and that is low dose. For the cardiac and stroke patients: they are getting the heavy duty blood thin job. And I love it. :heart:

I was having a lapbanding done and given my size they were worried about clotting because they couldn't move me. I am not afraid of shots and the only time I hurl was when the shot was given (nurses looking after me couldn't figure it either). I ended up with a weird looking scar at one of the injection sites so I suspect allergy. I am glad I didn't bleed. I have rare blood type (ab+) and there are less Aussies with that group than in the US. It is always a pain when they suspect I'll need blood.

I was having a lapbanding done and given my size they were worried about clotting because they couldn't move me. I am not afraid of shots and the only time I hurl was when the shot was given (nurses looking after me couldn't figure it either). I ended up with a weird looking scar at one of the injection sites so I suspect allergy. I am glad I didn't bleed. I have rare blood type (ab+) and there are less Aussies with that group than in the US. It is always a pain when they suspect I'll need blood.
Yes! The crusade against deep vein thrombosis is fierce.

That is real bizarre about the heparin injections, but as we know: every body is a different body.

I am glad you didn't bleed too! :heart:

Looks like another idiot in a tree to me. I'll hang around for a while I haven't had a good trauma in a few weeks. Chainsaw accident/hanging/fall sounds interesting.
Oh no! :eek:
Dream crusher! You know the dream: monkey sex, swinging in the tree, ropes.

Yes! The crusade against deep vein thrombosis is fierce.

That is real bizarre about the heparin injections, but as we know: every body is a different body.

I am glad you didn't bleed too! :heart:

Weird allergies are common in my family. My nephew has aquagenic urticaria. I have spent the last three weeks trying to track down an allergen which is giving me dermatitis somewhere uncomfortable...

Weird allergies are common in my family. My nephew has aquagenic urticaria. I have spent the last three weeks trying to track down an allergen which is giving me dermatitis somewhere uncomfortable...

Awwwa! I think I'm allergic to myself! I feel it under my skin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back