On the interpretation of dreams

Man_in_Chester

Really Experienced
Joined
May 31, 2010
Posts
122
I looked up at the slight sound and saw a vaguely familiar figure. Her face was so well hidden under the long blond hair that I could not even say which skin color she was. All I could make out was the prominent red lips, so very red, even redder than my blood, that the color gripped my balls.
She was definately a grown woman in the fertile stage of life and my heart speeded up.
I knew whose legs they were as they strode towards me, but I could not remember exactly how she fitted in to my life. Rising to face her I could see I had a slight advantage in height but she had a little more weight in her limbs. Her smell was lust.
We touched each other, chest to chest, and I called, "Hannah!"
"Yes. Who else? You told me we would meet again when we were forty, when you wrote me that last letter in 1968."

Well, could it become someone's story on Lit?
 
What's the rest of the context?
Or is this just a teaser, like giving us an opening sentence and letting us fill in the details and back story as we see fit?
 
Dream on

What's the rest of the context?
Or is this just a teaser, like giving us an opening sentence and letting us fill in the details and back story as we see fit?

Everything is as you see fit, but I just don't know why that came to me last night. Enjoy your thoughts.
 
Dreams as stories don't really interest me (though I have been inspired by dreams to write stories, they are usually a little more vivid to base a story on than what you provided). Dreams in and of themselves do interest me.

As stories, they in fact just describe self love. You aren't hooked up to a world dream internet where we share dreams, it is simply a world of your own making which means you are sexing yourself when the "woman of your dreams" has an encounter with you. In affect, it is simply mental masturbation; you are alone with yourself.

Interpretation of dreams is an entirely different thing. However, you don't really give a lot about the dream to be able to get a feel for where it comes from. It could be a half remembered promise to keep in touch with someone you cared for, or it could be a memory from a movie or TV show. It could be from a story you read. It could also just be that a living embodiment of your subconscious telling you you don't follow up on promises to people that matter/you are failing to keep up to your own expectations.
 
What if the person you are with in the dream turns out to be real? They know who you are as both frequent the same places. Yet real world interactions are minor accidents like a fenderbender or triping over her purse at the library. Despite the fact you had the dreams and are friendly to one another, nothing may seemingly happen in the real world between the two. Yet; once asleep, they know they are to be together. He thinks to dream is one sided until one day, somewhere, after running in to each other, she tells him; "see you tonight, lover." Is it a dream or is itreality?

reading the title before clicking the thread gave me this idea.
 
Back
Top