Town is overwhelmed by erotic dreams

Brandnewbuddy

Really Really Experienced
when I was young I would sometimes have pretty lucid wet dreams and sometimes they would be about people I know…which could definitely be a bit awkward when I would run into the real life counterpart.

I know I’ve pitched a similar idea before but it was limited to incestous dreams and just one family. What if a town, or at least, a neighborhood found themselves beset by highly lucid wet dreams about other townsfolk (they could also be incestous but I want to make it more open to other possibilities).

For example: Senior girl starts dreaming of her friend’s dad and uncle having his way with her. For several nights in a row she dreams of them stripping and roughly fucking her right in her friend’s living room.

Thing is: her friend’s dad/uncle has never even shown the slightest interest in her. They’re also fairly average in the looks department, definitely not her type, but the dreams are the most erotic experience she’s ever had.

Or: Trophy wife starts having erotic dreams about her step/son’s nerdy classmate. She’s never had any kind of relationship with the boy, her husband is satisfying her, and having a relationship with him would most likely ruin her life…but every time she thinks about how he made her feel in the dream, she wants to risk it.

So effectively that kind of set up. I think that there should never be an explanation: the drama is how the town deals with it and it starts and ends out of nowhere. Do they act on their dreams, does everyone come clean (not necessarily about who their dream partners are but rather that they are having these lucid dreams). Does the other partner share the dream? For example, there’s a confused dad and his brother who are having dreams about dominating their daughter/niece’s friend. Or are they just as unaware.

That's quite an interesting idea.

I think initially all of them would try to ignore their dreams. But they become more vivid in time, and soon 'slips' into real life, when people wake while ejaculating, squirting and screaming. Finally, one or two pairs meets to live them up, and in time, the whole town is living those dreams.

I can imagine such dialogue:
Girl1: Remember when I told you about my dreams?
Girl2: Those when you were absolutely railed by this nerdy guy?
Girl1: Yeah. I couldn't bear it, so I talked with him. It seems he had very similar dreams.
Girl2: And? What happened?
Girl1: I had to see if they're true... And they are! He really has a marathon cock.
Girl2: So, my step-dad and uncle, they... they could want me too?
Girl1: You won't know if you won't try. But I think it's entirely possible.

As for the reason, a succubi/incubbi covern had been formed under the city, influencing their hidden lusts and making them release it to feed sexual energy to those demons.

I think this has quite some potential :) Kind of a carte blanc to bring together unlikely couples.

Other potential reasons:
Secret government activities to increase fertility rates gone wrong (or right)
Alien experiment to understand human sexuality
Fumes from special type of plants that have taken over forest around the town
Side effect from chemical factory leak
Or.. if you want to get recursive.. all just a dream by one of the young guys in town.. (so nobody else actually had dreams etc.)

Happy writing :)

This one is tough for me because I tend to lean toward plausibility. And it's not the idea itself I find implausible, but the idea that we could ignore the fact that there are children in a town. When the town goes sex crazy, how do you ignore that 22% of any given population, are children?

So in my opinion, this scenario would have to be some sort of dream sequence or take place in some sort of adults-only location. A couples retreat in the woods somewhere, or a military training facility, or perhaps on a spacecraft in some sci-fi setting.

Buddy, it's a fun, sexy idea, but I can't help when my left brain kicks in.

I have had shared dreams, even had a thing pretty close to this in real experience.

There was a girl in my class... pretty, but nothing special, a little too chubby and terminally shy (not that I wasn't been so myself, a little previously, but I was working on it right then). My sight might have stopped on her occasionally, but that was the extent of my interest, I was in a committed relationship or maybe even three and a half... And she had own circle; we had barely exchanged a word, if at all. But out of the blue, I had a series of escalating dreams involving her.

At that time, I was just about becoming confident enough with lucid dreaming to start experimenting how far I can abuse those techniques for erotic entertainment, and her character was kinda a fun test case... that to say, it started a little predatory from my part. Like, wishing her clothes away in the middle of the class (that actually failed, with error notices about insufficient information for accurate simulation) and *fun* things like that.

Another day, I feel her gaze on the back of my head. Like, intense and intending, and prolonged. And that's totally new. I turn, she's looking away, of course, and blush. Nothing that far out of ordinary, actually, for me by then. I was on the wave socially, and started becoming noticed. But I'm like, wait, what I'm doing with her. And as soon I closed my eyes for the night, she's there.

Switching hats to my innate priest, I worked with my guilt and her fears, and ended up teaching her to fly. And of course (although there's no technical need, I have done such with no sexual undertones with others later) on the peak of her joy we ended up having mid-clouds, flying, out of body, spiritual sex, the highest kind.

Next day, she's absolutely electrified, gloving as freshly well fucked virgin should, and totally unable to even look in my direction. Well, I'm a little out of myself in her presence either. After the class, she navigated to walk by me, took a deep breath, and said, "thanks!"

"What for?" I whispered.

"For the dreams."

And that's first she says to me in weeks or months, if not ever, and certainly most personal. So I sat back gaping, so flabbergasted she had to giggle, speeding away. Next day she slipped me a letter, a long one, and of the stranger love letters read, as besides describing our shared dreams in great detail (maybe not quite exactly how I would put those to words, but close enough; surfing the collective subconscioness isn't precise science) she said thanks for what we had, but didn't seek more either, and rather begged me to let her go. I responded in kind. In growing intervals we exchanged maybe a dozen letters on a deliberate wind down and separation.

I never touched her skin for real.

Last edited:
I quite like this idea, although if I were to write a story like this, I think there's a couple of things I would change.

Firstly, I'd introduce some sort of supernatural force or being that is causing the whole town to have these kind of dreams. I think that would make it more interesting, and is one 'plausible explanation' (within the realm of fantasy, obviously) for it all happening. Maybe a Succubi or Incubi? A demon of lust?

Secondly, I think I'd add another clause, like.. Masturbation no longer feeling satisfying at all. So everyone in town is extremely horny all the time, and there's no outlet for it to be dealt with on your own, making all the single people go a little crazy after a while - and then we see people start to hook up with those that they have dreamt about, because they can no longer control their urges. Could even take it one step further and make all sexual things feel unsatisfying EXCEPT what they are dreaming about, making people engage in fetishes and such that they otherwise never would have considered. (And loving it, of course.)

Of course, the supernatural entity would NOT affect anyone below the age of 18.

You could replace the entity with something like a pharmaceutical company doing some kind of weird experiment on the townspeople, but then you'd have to come up with some reason it wouldn't affect the young ones. Maybe it's only in the alcohol? I don't know. I like the supernatural option more. Could even make for an interesting plot of the characters trying to find this creature, and attempt to defeat it somehow. Suddenly you have a scenario that can be spiced up by otherwordly monster sex! Hah.

Let me know if this version sounds appealing to you, and you want me to make it into a proper story.

I quite like this idea, although if I were to write a story like this, I think there's a couple of things I would change.

Firstly, I'd introduce some sort of supernatural force or being that is causing the whole town to have these kind of dreams. I think that would make it more interesting, and is one 'plausible explanation' (within the realm of fantasy, obviously) for it all happening. Maybe a Succubi or Incubi? A demon of lust?

Secondly, I think I'd add another clause, like.. Masturbation no longer feeling satisfying at all. So everyone in town is extremely horny all the time, and there's no outlet for it to be dealt with on your own, making all the single people go a little crazy after a while - and then we see people start to hook up with those that they have dreamt about, because they can no longer control their urges. Could even take it one step further and make all sexual things feel unsatisfying EXCEPT what they are dreaming about, making people engage in fetishes and such that they otherwise never would have considered. (And loving it, of course.)

Of course, the supernatural entity would NOT affect anyone below the age of 18.

You could replace the entity with something like a pharmaceutical company doing some kind of weird experiment on the townspeople, but then you'd have to come up with some reason it wouldn't affect the young ones. Maybe it's only in the alcohol? I don't know. I like the supernatural option more. Could even make for an interesting plot of the characters trying to find this creature, and attempt to defeat it somehow. Suddenly you have a scenario that can be spiced up by otherwordly monster sex! Hah.

Let me know if this version sounds appealing to you, and you want me to make it into a proper story.
I like it! And I’d always love to see a story come from an idea. I think the idea of masturbation no longer satisfying is a great one as it further incentivizes the townsfolk living out their fantasies.

I’d prefer there not to be an explanation because again I feel the drama is more how the people deal with their new feelings and the dreams vs fighting an external threat but I would say if there had to be one it should be supernatural since, as you pointed out, pharmaceutical or psyop wouldn’t really care about if kids got involved whereas a supernatural element could either have a conscience or have limitations placed on it that would limit it to adults.

I like it! And I’d always love to see a story come from an idea. I think the idea of masturbation no longer satisfying is a great one as it further incentivizes the townsfolk living out their fantasies.

I’d prefer there not to be an explanation because again I feel the drama is more how the people deal with their new feelings and the dreams vs fighting an external threat but I would say if there had to be one it should be supernatural since, as you pointed out, pharmaceutical or psyop wouldn’t really care about if kids got involved whereas a supernatural element could either have a conscience or have limitations placed on it that would limit it to adults.

PM me your primary fetishes, and which type of character relationships you'd most like to see explored in the story (student and teacher, parent and child, etc.) and I'll see if I can whip something up. :cool: It might not turn out exactly like you have in mind but hopefully it'd still be a fun read.

Go science fiction.

Town is set in a northern tier state (or EU country) and they can't explain why it happens and there is no overt pattern as to when. Who will figure out that it coincides with Northern Lights?

Go science fiction.

Town is set in a northern tier state (or EU country) and they can't explain why it happens and there is no overt pattern as to when. Who will figure out that it coincides with Northern Lights?

I live in Sweden, and see the Northern Lights quite frequently, so that could certainly work. I've gotten a few requests by PM already but nothing from @Brandnewbuddy yet, so waiting on that before I lock myself in to anything. It's their idea, after all! If you've got other suggestions or requests, then you are very welcome to send them my way! I'll take it all into consideration.

In the TNG episode Night Terrors,

'Dr. Crusher realizes that everyone but Troi has failed to achieve R.E.M. sleep since entering the rift, leading to their current state.'

The aurora borealis is caused my magnetic storms on the Sun. For this story, let those storms interfere with the sleep cycles of the town and induce the dreams.

For the kid angle, the magnetic disruption only affects those over a certain age and all of it happens at night. Or let's take it further and say the storms enable those under a certain age to sleep deeper and they are not awakened. Almost hypnotic on both kids and adults, but in different directions.

Can't we just ignore existemce of kids here? Or in the first scene, they all goes off to the vacation, leaving the town kids-less.

Can't we just ignore existemce of kids here? Or in the first scene, they all goes off to the vacation, leaving the town kids-less.
Easier to just focus on a handful of young adult characters than explain the absence of kids. For Plausibility sake, sending the kids off to summer camp gives about a 2 week window, tops for this to rip through town.

Spice it up so that if someone brushes up against someone that dreamt about them, they get a glimpse of the dream and are compelled to act on it.

This could work as a Supernatural episode as well. Spin it so Sam is the target of the women's dreams and Dean is pretty much ignored leaving him to find the coven.

I think the concept is entirely plausible because there's limited number of dreams out there that just do the rounds. For example, you've probably had the one where a tiger walks by your side down a street , obviously you want to escape and knock on a few doors but everyone pretends their not at home.

So given there's a finite number of dreams circling it's only logical several get the same one at the same time so why can't they be in the same place?

I've worked hard on this all day, and I've got a rough draft complete already. However, I feel like I need to lean in to the dream aspect a little bit more. The story turned out more like a "I can't resist you anymore because I dreamt about you" sort of ordeal, and focuses on three different pairings - the town going ballistic with urges being more of a background noise. I'll see if I can improve that slightly, because right now it feels more like a Chapter 1 in what could be an ongoing story. It might also be a little too.. Perverted. Would anyone be willing to proof-read it for me and give me some input? It's around 11,000 words long, and by my estimation, about half of that is pure smut. :oops:

I've edited it but unfortunately I think I got really carried away when writing the sexual bits, because it's about 70% kinky sex and 30% story. Must have been horny when I wrote it or something. I don't know. I feel like the ratio's are off and that the original idea and concept didn't really hit the mark the way @Brandnewbuddy would have likely preferred, but I've just upload it as-is and hope that it's pleasing for someone out there at least..

Perhaps a second chapter will be needed later on to fully reach the depth and potential of this plotline. We'll see if people enjoy it. If they do, then it might get a second part eventually. I want to thank everyone who contributed with ideas, and I apologize if the story didn't turn out the way you wanted it. It ended up in the Fetish category, and for good reason. Should be published in a day or three.

Kinda reminds me of a current DC storyline where a villain has everybody in a perpetual dream while he looks for the nightmare stone.

I've edited it but unfortunately I think I got really carried away when writing the sexual bits, because it's about 70% kinky sex and 30% story. Must have been horny when I wrote it or something. I don't know. I feel like the ratio's are off and that the original idea and concept didn't really hit the mark the way @Brandnewbuddy would have likely preferred, but I've just upload it as-is and hope that it's pleasing for someone out there at least..

Perhaps a second chapter will be needed later on to fully reach the depth and potential of this plotline. We'll see if people enjoy it. If they do, then it might get a second part eventually. I want to thank everyone who contributed with ideas, and I apologize if the story didn't turn out the way you wanted it. It ended up in the Fetish category, and for good reason. Should be published in a day or three.

Update: It's now uploaded. It's here if you wish to take a look: Brand New Pleasure

It's 100% a 'stroker' though, so be aware of that.

Update: It's now uploaded. It's here if you wish to take a look: Brand New Pleasure

It's 100% a 'stroker' though, so be aware of that.
This must be the first time I see an idea from this forum to be turned into a full story ;)

I enjoyed the read. It's certainly interesting and well written, and every segment is kinky in it's own unique way.

My only criticism is Eleanor, who never appeared as someone much into what happened to her.

7/10

Back