Who do you trust?

Shankara20

Well, that is lovely
Joined
Sep 20, 2005
Posts
58,464
attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • post copy.jpg
    post copy.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 126
I read the first one right. The second one though-- I read it wrong. The third line, I'm still not sure about... :D
 
Aww, and here I thought this was something about Crusade.

"Who do you serve and who do you trust?"

****

I sincerely doubt that.

I No didn't.

No I didn't.
 
You're just down right scary, sometimes. Where do you find these things?

But, I read an article a couple of years ago that said the human mind doesn't need the words in the correct order to be able to understand the sentence. They even had several examples where you could read the sentence, even though the words were out of order. They said that in most cases the mind just scans all of the words and then forms the sentence. That is why we read the second sentence correctly, even though it's not organized correctly.

Now, when you see something like the first sentence, it has to be something different. Of course, part of it is a play on words, and some is just our kinky minds playing tricks on us. We kinky folks would more likely know about a wet pussy than a pet wussy. Is there really such a thing as a wussy?

Wussy - 1982, from wussy (1960s), probably an alteration of pussy (2). wuss(y) definition. a wimp; a weak person. : Don't be such a wuss.

Obviously, this is a generic and vanilla limit. Also, it's a bit on the chauvinistic side, too.:rolleyes:
 
Can't remember where I found this:

Olny srmat poelpe can raed tihs. I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs psas it on.
 
Can't remember where I found this:

Olny srmat poelpe can raed tihs. I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs psas it on.

While I recognize that phenomenon, I think it still slows me down to read it, and stopped me on a couple words (iprmoatnt & wouthit) until I figured them out. However I can't imagine someone saying they didn't notice the words are jumbled, but then again, I can't see how you wouldn't realize words are out of place in the OP's post. Maybe I'm just a weird duck...
 
The explanation I've heard for this phenomenon is, that as soon as your reading skills get beyond spelling the words, you see the words as a whole, more like a complete picture than a string of letters.
That will let you recognize the words, disregarding errors, as long as the general picture looks reasonably correct.
 
Back
Top