The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 03: Come On In

Ah, coffee; what a pleasant effect that is.
I've managed to loose a decent screwdriver under the cabinet that supports my computer.
Getting it out will rival the effort made for those Tai schoolkids, I fear.

Getting down and crawling under my computer desk isn't a real problem. The problems start when I try to get back up. That is a whole other can of worms.

Getting down and crawling under my computer desk isn't a real problem. The problems start when I try to get back up. That is a whole other can of worms.

I know exactly that problem, as I also suffer it (that said, the process of kneeling is not easy !). Getting back up requires a crane or similar.
Tea, I think. Shall play Mum ?

It is always later than I think somewhere. Where does the time go?

Fresh coffee for the midnight crew.

#

Ah; coffee; what more could a man ask at this time of the morning ?

Not to be awake in my case. It's way too early but... I have places to do and people to be. Uh, something like that.

Fresh coffee for the rest of the morning people.

Last edited:
Glad to see you seem to have recovered, Tex. Black for me, please.

MP, how are you feeling today?

And has anybody seen Chloe these days?

Glad to see you seem to have recovered, Tex. Black for me, please.

MP, how are you feeling today?

And has anybody seen Chloe these days?

I'm here but the last couple of weeks have been really busy. Doing a few extra shifts at work with summer vacations kicking in, writing frantically coz I committed myself rather heavily off of LIT (which is great but now I have to deliver) and seeing as I started the Australian story event I figured I better write one of my own too. So I've popped in and out but not as often as usual. Another couple of weeks and life will be a bit more relaxed. I hope.

The coffee is always welcome tho

I'm here but the last couple of weeks have been really busy. Doing a few extra shifts at work with summer vacations kicking in, writing frantically coz I committed myself rather heavily off of LIT (which is great but now I have to deliver) and seeing as I started the Australian story event I figured I better write one of my own too. So I've popped in and out but not as often as usual. Another couple of weeks and life will be a bit more relaxed. I hope.

The coffee is always welcome tho

So are your visits :rose:

TP, I'm as good as I'm going to get at my age.

Chloe, good to see you again. I had an idea for your Australian thing but after some research I don't think I can do it justice. My last time downunder was back in the 80's. Things have changed a lot.

Someone mentioned the Battle of Brisbane and that made me smile. I made two R&R's in Sydney back during my time in Vietnam. If memory serves, there were several Battles of Kings Crossing. It seems a lot of the local wives loved Americans, especially Texans.

Okay, fresh coffee for the late morning crowd before I head out to mow the lawn. With the rain we've had, I can hear the grass growing. During a normal summer, I mow once a month. Lately it has been twice a month. Sometimes, it's been three times. Maybe I should just pave the whole yard.

TP, I'm as good as I'm going to get at my age.

Chloe, good to see you again. I had an idea for your Australian thing but after some research I don't think I can do it justice. My last time downunder was back in the 80's. Things have changed a lot.

Someone mentioned the Battle of Brisbane and that made me smile. I made two R&R's in Sydney back during my time in Vietnam. If memory serves, there were several Battles of Kings Crossing. It seems a lot of the local wives loved Americans, especially Texans.

Okay, fresh coffee for the late morning crowd before I head out to mow the lawn. With the rain we've had, I can hear the grass growing. During a normal summer, I mow once a month. Lately it has been twice a month. Sometimes, it's been three times. Maybe I should just pave the whole yard.

Erm. . . I think it's 'Kings Cross'
The coffee's good, thanks.
My back garden hasn't been mowed in a long time. No gardening ! Wonderful.

Erm. . . I think it's 'Kings Cross'
The coffee's good, thanks.
My back garden hasn't been mowed in a long time. No gardening ! Wonderful.

I thought that Kings Cross was Sydney's red light district? Suspect it wasn't wives the battle was over.

I thought that Kings Cross was Sydney's red light district? Suspect it wasn't wives the battle was over.

Kings Cross is correct and yes it was the red light district back in the day. It might still be for all I know. As for the wife thing, you might be surprised. Quite a few of the ladies I saw there had tan line wedding rings on. The sun marks a lot of interesting things.

Okay, fresh coffee for the afternooner crowd. If you've never had an afternooner, you should really give it a try.

From Wiki:-
"Colloquially known as The Cross, the area is known as Sydney's red-light district, and is reputed to be home to organised crime groups. Once known for its music halls and grand theatres, it was rapidly transformed after World War II by the influx of troops returning and visiting from the nearby Garden Island naval base. Today, it is a mixed locality offering both services (railway, gyms, supermarket, bakeries) to nearby residents and entertainment venues including bars, restaurants, nightclubs, brothels and strip clubs to visitors. "

And with that happy thought, I'll have a mug o' Tea.

My first job in Oz required me to run a department which employed more than 150 young women - great workers and could those girls party. There were representatives from every race and religion on the planet and when they went partying, usually on a Friday night, the married women were never left behind. Tx is pretty right.:)

The Cross is pretty tame these days and now the professional ladies work is legal there are small establishments, R & T shops and the like all over the city.

We seem to be enjoying a bit more summer (the real thing; bright sunshine, etc.).
Coffee, on the lawn, I think.

Morning all, Happy Thighsday.

Up early for some reason but it's always a good time to write. I might even dust off a few old stories just for the fun of it.

Fresh coffee for anyone in need.

Morning all, Happy Thighsday.

Up early for some reason but it's always a good time to write. I might even dust off a few old stories just for the fun of it.

Fresh coffee for anyone in need.

More coffee? - Oh Goody.
:)

Back, please.

How are you feeling now, Tex?

Hopefully up to pouring coffee into Chloe. I'm the one there looking frazzled after a long night shift and thinking yeah, gimme a coffee, it'll help me relax. A nice big mug and then bed. I rewrote the first chapter of Shanghai Candy last night before I went to work and it's so much better now. And worked on my Aussie story. Same again tonight. Another chapter of Shanghai Candy planned....

I'm mostly done with "Love is Enough," after only four months. I posted in the Editor's Forum for beta readers, but since I pestered all of you about it for months, and some of you helped with things like where to watch Wings (thanks again Tex), I thought I'd offer it here too.

It's a little over 29k words divided internally into eleven chapters. It's an erotic romance about an aspiring playwright and two dead whores, and almost all of the story takes place inside an old theater.

I asked the beta readers for specific input. Here, if you'd like to read it, all I ask is for your impression. PM me. I use LibreOffice and can provide copy in any common format.

'Ere we go, then.
A peaceful evening, with sunshine and no wind.
Coffee on the Lawn, I think.

TP, I'm fine.

I was planning a little trip north but some fool laid a tank truck over on its side and there are "Hazardous Materials" leaking, whatever they may be all over the Interstate. It has been closed for a while and it seems it will be closed a while longer.

No trip but some writing and of course, fresh coffee for the afternooners.

Back