I.M. Fauve Gallery

This one ("strand") had to be drawn from memory...a very intense and vivid memory. At the end of drawing a series from life, of a (former) co-worker, in a hotel room (for a work related trade show).

The others, in sequence, are the 2 minute pencil sketches. The last one (in following post) is the pose which preceded the pencil dip...and strand.:)

Last edited:
The situation might have become even more intense, except another (male) coworker was passed out on the other bed! It had been a long day and he drank a bit much at dinner (for which I was glad).:D

(of course he could have been faking, but I am pretty sure he was actually out, and was watching. Though if he saw... not too big a deal)

Last edited:
This one ("strand") had to be drawn from memory...a very intense and vivid memory. At the end of drawing a series from life, of a (former) co-worker, in a hotel room (for a work related trade show).

The others in sequence are the 2 minute pencil sketches. Last one (in following post) is the pose which preceded the pencil dip...and strand.:)

Nice stuff
:):):):):):):)

Nice stuff
:):):):):):):)
Thank you, bone.:)

"Traditional" is good for us not youngsters anymore.
Hey, I'M no youngster. I like to explore.:D

2 minutes? All are nicely done!
Thank you, LadyJS. Many years of training.

I always liked doing what we called "gestures" (quick poses... 1-3 minutes typical)
occasionally there would be some that inspired deeper exploration. I have heaps of sketch books and at some point I plan to go in and develop some of those images.

xxxxxxxx said:
One man's trash... Well really is just garbage still :rolleyes:
... yikes. may not have been directed at me- but there's my signature, and I had been corresponding. oh well, I'm not for everybody, maybe somebody.

Last edited:
I decided to put pencil to paper to record the basic concept, which:cool: came from another of my threads ...

ha! "THREADS"...ropes, cords...nets

"Sea garbage":rolleyes:

Last edited:
a little more color/value blocked in. hmmm...
I had to bust out the tablet, as the mouse does not allow much subtlety, even though this is, obviously crude. (like ME!):D

Last edited:
a little more color/value blocked in. hmmm...
I had to bust out the tablet, as the mouse does not allow much subtlety, even though this is, obviously crude. (like ME!):D

Hello. Just happened by to check out your fine work, and I must say, I find this illustration to be quite arousing! Not sure why, but wow, it is very erotic!

Hello. Just happened by to check out your fine work, and I must say, I find this illustration to be quite arousing! Not sure why, but wow, it is very erotic!

Well, cool!

Thanks for stopping by, and speaking up, spurtman.:)

I like the direction it is going, so might tinker around with it some more — both the original drawing and some digital enhancements after scanning.:)

(as time allows, of course)

Throbbs (love your handle, by the way) -- I'll make a point to stop by here from time to time, and look forward to the next iteration!

Throbbs (love your handle, by the way) -- I'll make a point to stop by here from time to time, and look forward to the next iteration!

Great! Thanks.:)
There are some buried back a ways... pg 183ish? or so.

There used to be 100s posted.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
anyone (besides myself) interested in seeing a bit more development on the netted mermaid?

Of course, I cannot expect folk to be logged on as much as I am! I work on the computer (most of the time) and in an office by myself. Never the less... I was interested it typing with this. Not sure that I can really fuss much/any more.:)

I think this one could be fun to mess around with using actual watercolors.
Maybe do the thing where I print t on watercolor paper then work into THAT.

or not.:)

I imagine her rescuer (down under...heehee) concentrating on the job at hand, but stealing quick glances above.:cool:

Last edited:
Very nice! Will you do a progression here? Once the guy "frees" her goods, will she offer him a "reward?"

Very nice! Will you do a progression here? Once the guy "frees" her goods, will she offer him a "reward?"

hmmm... maybe. :)
I suppose she won't drown this one.;)

I did do another one that did not include a human.:D

Last edited:
Speaking of "TIDE"!
(no, not the detergent!:rolleyes:)

lapping waves

Last edited:
Speaking of "TIDE"!
(no, not the detergent!:rolleyes:)

lapping waves

Literally lapping!

I guess you could call this (going) low tide :D

I can imagine him being the spirit of her lover who drowned at sea, but even death couldn't contain the lust he had for her!

Literally lapping!

I guess you could call this (going) low tide :D

I can imagine him being the spirit of her lover who drowned at sea, but even death couldn't contain the lust he had for her!

I like that interpretation!:D
Thanks, LadyJS

Back