Ask a MtF TG a question

Does anyone know how I can get tricare(military health insurance) to cover my wife's hormone treatment? PM if you do know what we have to do or what kind of referrals we have to get to get this done.
StickyGirl's from the UK so I doubt she'll be able to help you, though some others here might know something about it. From what little I know about the US healthcare system, I'm going to guess that your insurer (the military, I suppose) provides you with a list of things that are covered and excluded. I suggest checking their website for the policy details first.
 
The Secret Life of Bees

Here's a book
The Secret Life of Bees - Sue Monk Kidd
never wanted it to finish
You may know it as a best seller from ... 2001. I found a thread in BDSM of all places where there have been some recommended LGBT reads for kids. The thing about those niche? books is that they're often about being cis and looking in on the small world of transgender and trying to make sense of it. Books like TSLoB is like me looking into the cis world and finding I'm not so different, that I feel the same as the girl in the book felt, right down to the shudders and 'heart-thumping in your chest' or the heat of someone's hand or the buzz of bees singing in your heart, and knowing that I am who I am. So LGBT books are great - I've read loads and often I associate with the characters, with their experiences and things that happen to them, but they seldom express how it is to be a woman or in this case, a girl of fourteen.

Trans women often go through a second childhood, a second puberty - we have to back-track and try to catch up those missing years. So reading this story, which is of a fourteen year old girl growing up in a dysfunctional world where nothing quite gels and where there she is confounded by unanswered questions about her past... well I suppose that resonated more with me than any number of well-written LGBT books.
One day I hope I can put all the questions behind me.

Anyways - that's enough heart-bleeding for one night! A good read though
 
Secret Life

I don't have time to read that book right now, but I so appreciate your post about why it resonated with you.
 
Do M t Fs ever go to the bathroom in large groups for mutual safety, especially in light of these dumbass new laws?
 
Do M t Fs ever go to the bathroom in large groups for mutual safety, especially in light of these dumbass new laws?
Like all women, we'll go with another girl friend and talk about men. I don't want to get into the safety of restrooms here as it is being well discussed eleswhere at the moment. :rose:
 
Like all women, we'll go with another girl friend and talk about men. I don't want to get into the safety of restrooms here as it is being well discussed eleswhere at the moment. :rose:

There is a group of people there to protect you - The Bathroom Police. Here is a training video. Bathroom Police
 
Careful Brad - some folks will think that was genuine *rolleyes*

I went to a christening today, which was nice but weird on two counts. Firstly, there was lot of talk about god and some songs which I knew. There was also a reading from the NT I think where some disciples got picked on by a bunch of townfolks and called names then arrested and put in jail; but there was an earthquake and the prison walls fell down and the jailer was about to fall on his sword for dereliction of duty, when Paul or someone pipes up with "we're still here, mate" and the jailer was so impressed he became a christian too. I kept thinking there was a connection with stuff going on today... maybe a bathroom cop could arrest some trans women for taking a pee, then some muslims blow up the sherriffs office but the trans women stay put anf the sherriff comes out as trans too? It was just a thought.
Second weird thing of course was all the frigging babies... pfft... we don't let 'those thoughts' take root do we? No. Best just to marvel at the oh-so-perfect skin and deepest blue eyes and snotty fingers.

Then oh, the third weird thing was one of the girls in the house has moved out. Long story, but it's like a cloud of tension has lifted and I swear even the birds are singing harder in the garden.
 
Does anyone know how I can get tricare(military health insurance) to cover my wife's hormone treatment? PM if you do know what we have to do or what kind of referrals we have to get to get this done.

Hey Nobilist! I'm new to this forum but I think I can help you. I'm a mtf TG serving right now, currently tricare is complicated with HRT, but very very soon (this month) new regulations will be rolled out to fully cover the hormone therapy from what I understand. The first step would likely be to have her see her primary care at the military hospital/clinic. From there she can get a referral for the endocrinology department.
 
Do M t Fs ever go to the bathroom in large groups for mutual safety, especially in light of these dumbass new laws?

Yes, especially those of us still early in transition. Back in college, I'd only use the restroom with a few people from my pride group (trans and cisgender too) there with me. Nowadays I go straight in no problem, but I still avoid locker rooms unless I have a friend with me, I'd probably be fine but I'm worried some roided out jerk at the gym would storm in there after me.
 
Target...right on target!

Target Corp. will stick with its policy of allowing transgender customers to choose the bathroom they wish to use as part of the company’s long history of supporting diversity and inclusion, chief executive Brian Cornell said Wednesday.

At the same time, he offered an olive branch to those who have been upset by the policy and said the company will add family restrooms to all of its stores, an option for people who worry about the mixing of sexes in bathrooms.

Cornell made the remarks during an appearance on CNBC’s “Squawk Box” program. He noted that more than 1,400 of the company’s 1,800 stores already have family restrooms. In the next few months, Target will put them in the rest of its stores.

ows_142568879743636.jpg


The whole article
 
Target have done themselves zero harm and they know it - good publicity. Who wants a bunch of redneck bible-ranters in your store anyway - they're always buying up lengths of timber to make crosses?
 
Target have done themselves zero harm and they know it - good publicity. Who wants a bunch of redneck bible-ranters in your store anyway - they're always buying up lengths of timber to make crosses?

A little history: A number of years ago, Target took a big hit economically for not being inclusive regarding their employees' political orientations. They quickly lost market share to fellow department stores Walmart and Costco. That caused a shift in corporate policy.

Despite the insanity of Trump's current divide and conquer campaign, it is still encouraging to note that bullying minority groups does not pay in the large-scale retail market in America.
 
Last edited:
Here's something you need to see, but before you get there, let me give you an update on what is going on in the GB and in a couple of threads in particular.
The majority of the people posting in the GB do it because they are bored and they enjoy the game. The game is see how mean and foul spoken you can be about each other because.. well obviously that's fun, right?:confused: Into that pit of vipers has been thrown a couple of threads about the current hysteria over bathroom laws so they're having a field day.
We've got 'experts' in GID; experts in civil law; citations from hate groups, pertaining to be legitimate medical authorities....jfc.

Ok, that's the background now here's the link https://youtu.be/el6vxQwtWXI

:rose::rose::rose:

She made my week
 
Last edited:
At the same time, he offered an olive branch to those who have been upset by the policy and said the company will add family restrooms to all of its stores, an option for people who worry about the mixing of sexes in bathrooms.

...aren't "family restrooms" mixed-sex by design?

I mean, it seems like a good idea, but it'd be hilarious if this was what pacified the fundies.
 
A warning to any trans person who stops by.
Lit is anti trans and is full of embittered old white men, fetishists and haters. I tried to bring some information and reason but actually no one gives a shit and if I could be bothered, I'd go through and delete everything in this thread.


Apologies to the few decent people - much in the minority :rose:
 
Last edited:
As you may know, I'm pretty angry about what has been going on the GB over the last few weeks. Alts pop up to peddle pedophilia stories and get banned in couple of hours, but not before they've made light of pedophilia and comparing it to being transgender. As if any kind of 'humour' about pedophilia could be snickered about. So called 'family values', religion, paranoia, racism all get paraded through the hall of hatred. Throwing in the endemic transphobia amongst the dozen loud-mouth Beavis and Buttheads of the GB has turned Lit toxic for me.

My tolerance for what goes on in Lit has changed, because I've changed. The same old fetishistic posts get made, just as they've always done, but now I find them increasingly insulting and degrading. Maybe I'm growing up? Maybe post-op, in a heterosexual, cis-normative world has changed me.

So I'm still going to post things that matter to me, because I'll always be a trans advocate as far as this site goes, so as ever, if you've got questions I'll do my best to answer. If they're about HB2 or the way the USA is making a fool of itself - don't bother: go read the facts, not Fox
 
I value your presence on this forum. What you bring is also valuable. As a straight, cis man, I recognise that erotica is poorer without your voice. This is a sex website, and anonymity gives people cover to play creatively as well as unhealthily. I love that there are a few people here who urge me to think of smut as positive, joyful, and essentially humanising. That's what you do. Do what you do, woman with a mission. Let the haterz eat potatoes!
 
age old story

As you may know, I'm pretty angry about what has been going on the GB over the last few weeks. Alts pop up to peddle pedophilia stories and get banned in couple of hours, but not before they've made light of pedophilia and comparing it to being transgender. As if any kind of 'humour' about pedophilia could be snickered about. So called 'family values', religion, paranoia, racism all get paraded through the hall of hatred. Throwing in the endemic transphobia amongst the dozen loud-mouth Beavis and Buttheads of the GB has turned Lit toxic for me.

My tolerance for what goes on in Lit has changed, because I've changed. The same old fetishistic posts get made, just as they've always done, but now I find them increasingly insulting and degrading. Maybe I'm growing up? Maybe post-op, in a heterosexual, cis-normative world has changed me.

So I'm still going to post things that matter to me, because I'll always be a trans advocate as far as this site goes, so as ever, if you've got questions I'll do my best to answer. If they're about HB2 or the way the USA is making a fool of itself - don't bother: go read the facts, not Fox

As a 50ish year old lesbian post op trans in the UK I can remember any time there was a trans or gay story in the paper's how degrade thay all ways portrayed the community but with time and education life slowly gets better but as I am sure you know ever time we make progress the luddites come charging out the wood work flaming we are spoiling their way of life .all you can do is hope time and education helps humanity become more accepting of each other.
 
I'm done with Lit
Dammit. :( You're the only reason I bother to log in any more. I may have to get an account on that messaging app that I don't have just to talk to you occasionally.

I spent a couple of weeks browsing GB before concluding I couldn't stomach the racists and misogynists and I haven't bothered going back. I honestly can't even say much good about the GLBT forum.

I know I'll miss you :heart::rose::kiss:
 
Back
Top